Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

changing fonts in HTML

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: changing fonts in HTML Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm taking Intro to HTML online and in one of my assignments I'm supposed to change the font of the whole page to Arial. The problem is that she never told us how to do that in the lecture, so I have absolutely no idea how to do it. Does anybody here know how? And how do I get back into it to change it? I already saved it as .htm because that's what I was told to do....
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are tons of ways to do it. One way is to insert this into the <head> of your document.
Code:

<head>
<style type="text/css">
body, th, td, p, li { font-face: arial, sans-serif; }
</style>
</head>

Or, you could change your <body> tag to this:
Code:
<body style="font-face: arial;">

I can think of another 5 ways to do it off-hand. There's probably more but one of these would be good.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And how do I get back into it to change it? I already saved it as .htm because that's what I was told to do....

Right click the html file and click "Edit." If you're using Internet Explorer, you can also open the page and then View > Source on the menu.

As an alternative to what Blasphemy said, you can also put the <font></font> tags. It is also useful if you don't need to change the font of the whole page.

Code:
<font face=times new roman>Uwangski</font>
<br>Tinto Republic

In this code, I changed Uwangski's font into Times New Roman. (I think it's Arial by default?) Just change "Times New Roman" to whatever font you want. If you will remove the </font> tag, then "Tinto Republic" will also be in Times New Roman.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Times New Roman is the default font in just about every piece of software (everything Adobe, Macromedia, Office f.e.) that allows text adding and editing, not Arial. It should be though, Arial is a much more likeable font because it is looks better in much more designs than Times does. Luckily fonts can always be edited.

Quote:
If you will remove the </font> tag, then "Tinto Republic" will also be in Times New Roman.

Remember to always close your tags, just to prevent things from getting messed up. So if you want the Tinto Republic part to be of the same font as the Uwangski part, move the </font> tag all the way to the end.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmk, I finally got the font changed. Thanks guys. Now I'm stuck on something else. I'm supposed to use the

tags to make a table. How am I supposed to do that? I've never done anything with HTML before, so that's why I don't really know much of anything.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are examples (the best way I learn) and a small tutorial that covers several aspects of tables. It would probably be faster to read it rather than for me at least trying to explain it. Some others may be more eloquent than I.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/tables/index_famsupp_27.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: