Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do the 108 Stars of Destiny even know they are stars of destiny?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Do the 108 Stars of Destiny even know they are stars of dest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Throughout the game I've noticed, no one ever mentioned about the 108 stars of destiny. Its as if they didn't know they were part of the 108 stars of destiny. The only person who was able to mention about it was Estrella. She mentioned about finding the 109th Star of Destiny, and the part where they revive a certain person but other than that, nothing. Lastly, how do you even know if a person is one of the 108 stars of destiny. Does the main characters have a gadget or something? :P Its weird. If ever, how does the main character recruit. Does he say, Hello my name is (name) can you be a star of destiny? Its weird right?
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in SI Leknaat calls them stars and that they have all gatherd together. Well a star of destiny is someone who was born under that star. I guess realistically he would need to check when they were born so he did not get two people of the same star. But i think the story has it more as destiny that brings the main character to the others and finally brings them together.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some do, some don't.

Fukien was very much aware of his status as a Star of Destiny before he was even recruited. It was also he who told Cleo, Viktor and Tir McDohl about it. Folks like Luc and Zerase are also aware of it.

However, to most characters, it's nothing important or they simply don't believe in it. Your standard pirate star, for example, won't normally give a toss what the hell Leknaat is on about.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Imagine how it must feel to be a random soldier and walk by the Stone Tablet of Promise only to see that characters like Guillaume, Esmerelda, Sarah, Billy, Oskar, Mukumuku, and Koroku are considered more important to the destiny of the world than you are.

Koroku, dammit. A puppy means more to the world than you.

Good life, sir. You're done.

^Actual quote!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They may know they are stars of destiny based on the fact that Leknaat usually leaves them a stone tablet telling them as much, but I doubt they understand what it means exactly. Hey, the crazy teleporting lady is giving us something, may as well take it.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mr. Layfield hit the nail on the head. Basically, all the 'Prophet' types know what's going on. Leknaat and Fukien straight out say Stars of Destiny and Star of Heavenly Guidance and so on. But I think Suikoden I is the only game they come out and say it. The rest it's alluded too and given different names like "Guide of Destiny" and "Keeper of the Stars" but nothing else. Though as always, at the end Leknaat always says something about 108 people gathered.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's just seen as superstition to most stars of destiny, but yeah any soldiers walking by seeing that a dog gets a mention in the game and they don't aren't going to be happy...
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What Layfield said was hilarious.

I guess maybe the only thing that actually alludes that they have some part to play is the links between them and the hero for the most part.

Most part I say, because some of the SoDs just look too darn random to actually have a purpose in your army.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm. I'm guessing that some of them don't even know what they're part of. They just want to help out and consequently become part of the 108 stars. Some already know, as the others have said, but those are very few people. I guess it's all in whether they believe it or not. I think that all they really know about is that they are helping out for the greater good, and are capable of doing so in their own way. That could be the reason why generic soldiers are out of the question... :mrgreen:

Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's sort of like how you'd go around asking people their astrological signs. Most people know their sun sign, but most people won't have a clue if you ask them what their "ascendant" is or what their "moon sign" would be...

...I guess that's not totally a good analogy.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of them are aware of their status, as indicated by what they say in game, but for the most part I'd say the majority of them do not. In fact, I don't think the hero really knows they are either. Meaning, I don't think he's aware of each star that they're born under, but he is drawn to them and them to him, hence the "destiny" part. So, while they may or may not know that they are a star of destiny, it is fated that they will meet up.

Suikoden III makes a mess of all this, granted, but it's 4 against 1, so 3 doesn't count. Yes, I tend to ignore things that don't fit my ideas :)

~Uguu!~
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How does III make a mess of the destiny spin? In the end, destiny does bring them together, even if only in conflict in the case of our four antagonists.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is an interesting thread you got here. In my opinion the 108 Stars of Destiny (107 to recruit) would not know that they are Stars of Destiny. Leknaat may know that they are there to guide the hero in whatever he wants to achieve. The 107 recruitable characters only join the hero because they too want to help him with his cause.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for the compliment Assassin01. I think some do know like whats stated on the other posts on top. I bet it will excite them more to know that, the 108 stars of destiny. ;)
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Layfield is right, in the first game only one other character outside Luc and Leknaat knew about the 108 stars of destiny through out the game. Even though when Leknaat appears and tells Tir he has gathered the 108 stars nobody seems confused. Jeane and Viki probably know as well along with Zerase but some really couldn't care less. It is all about doing what is best for them. Seriously do you think that Brec, Guallimine, or even Linfa (So beautiful) care that they are stars of destiny, probably not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: