Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Unknown character in Kyaro Village (Suikoden 2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Unknown character in Kyaro Village (Suikoden 2) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For years, I've been wondering who this character is. While in the flashback in Kyaro, as the unicorn brigade was marching, there was one guy without a helmet. I thought I might see him in the later parts of the game. Sadly, I didn't. Don't you guys ever think why the creators made one of them without a helmet? Its like he's someone special like Riou and Jowy. Who is this mystery person? Or am I just hallucinating again?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Generic Guy Without Helmet.

Seriously. I think there's more than one non-Riou/Jowy guy without a helmet in the Brigade during that scene. It's just to mix things up a bit.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IT'S NASH!!!

However, I agree with John, I think at this point in time theres no evidence to suggest that solider is sepcial.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Generic Guy Without Helmet.

Seriously. I think there's more than one non-Riou/Jowy guy without a helmet in the Brigade during that scene. It's just to mix things up a bit.

It'd be hilarious if Generic Guy Without Helmet was the next Tenkai. But I think it’s safe to say he’s just a odd ball who left his helmet at his house because my girlfriend painted it a “pretty” color…

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
IT'S NASH!!!

However, I agree with John, I think at this point in time theres no evidence to suggest that solider is sepcial.

It's Musashi Miyamoto, out for non-specified revenge! :P

Just before this topic dies, I'll be semi-relevent and mention the time I thought during the "black and white" Suikoden II beginning video that Riou was actually sparring with Tir McDohl and not Jowy. Staff and long hair like a bandana, after all.

Give me a break, it was 1998.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

Just before this topic dies, I'll be semi-relevent and mention the time I thought during the "black and white" Suikoden II beginning video that Riou was actually sparring with Tir McDohl and not Jowy. Staff and long hair like a bandana, after all.

Give me a break, it was 1998.
Well....that beats me falling into major hysteria because I thought I got game-over already when I saw that scene...

*cough* ANYhow....
um...yes...generic character whom I don't even remember noticing who forgot his helmet at home.
Case closed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
IT'S NASH!!!

It's Musashi Miyamoto, out for non-specified revenge! :P

Non-specified?! That's the worst kind! If nothings been said about the solider by now, it never will happen.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was only one guy without a helmet! Fine, I bet he was just a mistake :P Case closed.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Actually, the helmetless guy does have a name.

I just can't remember it for the life of me. I also can't remember the name of the Runemaster guy that pops into the White Deer Inn briefly before Hilda gets sick. Great, now I have two obscure character names to remember *groan*

But seriously, this helmetless soldier guy is an actual character with a name. I'm having a hell of a time trying to remember it. His name isn't revealed in game though, it's from either the Suikoden 2 novel or some publication/backstory supplement.

^Actual quote!
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He seems just like any other soldier just he doesn't have a helmet, maybe hes poor have you ever thought of that or maybe he forgot his helmet. you may never know......
or will you?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's actually more than one solider without a helmet if you look closely. I've checked this myself.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Runemaster in the White Deer Inn is Runemaster Higure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, it's "Hagure." Hagure just means, "outcast," so it actually isn't a name.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well, I was pretty close. So it's not even his name huh? More of a 'title' or label than anything else.

My favorite generic NPC soldier with a name is the one from Kwaba Fortress in Suikoden. He's the guy who stops you, but Ain lets you go. I think his name is Rosh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite one is that guy with this awesome armor in Suikoden 2, he is in the place where Kasim Hazil was in Suikoden 1, beginning of the game, when you have to talk with the king.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: