Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing Regiment Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then again, I would imagine that gaining the trust and command of Pirates would be much more difficult to maximize than say, Infantry. Maybe special and advanced regiments could have a slower rate of growth from basic regiments?

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me wrote:
The only thing I'd suggest is that perhaps some regiments should be easier to master, ie. the tier 1 regiments. It already takes a long time for new users to be useful so if tier one regiments developed faster it may help new members become involved in the games more quickly and keep their interest up in the site. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

Vextor wrote:
I'd do that if I know how. Well, it's probably possible but the coding will be way too complicated. Also, tier 1 regiments are no "weak" either-- they can be just as effective if used correctly, and many "special" regiments are weak towards tier 1 regiments... so I don't really see the justification that tier 1 regiments should be eaiser to master.

Pretty much suggested that (in a slightly different manner, speeding up basic regiment compatability rather than slowing down special regiments training but it's the same thing in principal) on the last page Yvl and Vextor already answered why that won't happen.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I missed that.

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a really cool addition. I like it a lot. Of course, I should point out, that leadership values are essentially just there for bragging rights unless you've actually got the soldier cache to fill it up. (which isn't the easiest thing to do)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
leadership values are essentially just there for bragging rights unless you've actually got the soldier cache to fill it up. (which isn't the easiest thing to do)

Leadership is the easiest way to gauge the general strength and compatibility for a regiment and a unit so it's rather useful when you're going strategic work and statistical analysis Elc.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now if only people were as predictable as statistics.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkwing Duck wrote:
Now if only people were as predictable as statistics.

In a way they are, you just need to know the person is all.

But then, a conundrum strikes!

If he knows that i know that he knows me then i will make so that he doesn't know me and thus not know myself in this situation.

ooooo tricky tricky.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
If I were you, mercs, I'd coordinate something so that you aren't all the same regiment (Rangers) in order to increase your chance of being hired.

Coordinate something?? Only three of us are Rangers. Myself, Vextor, and Arenegeth.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All of you also have hgih leadership and are the most likely to be hired. But if there's a guy with 70 LDR rangers and a guy with 60 LDR ranger offering their servies for the same price, who do you think will be hired? Better to specialize in a regiment to avoid competition as much as possible.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea i guess i see what you are saying, but still there are only three of us. And in my case Rangers is the best regiment for me right now. So it wouldn't make much sense for me to change and have a leadership in the 40's. I am not positive but that is probably the same with Arenegeth.

The point i was trying to make was that If there were maybe 5 or 6 other people with the Rangers regiment who were stronger than me, then yea you would be right. But I think 3 is too small a number to have a big effect on whether I get hired or not.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, there's more than one nation on the board, so the chances for being hired aren't that small.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And call me crazy, but I have a sneaky feeling that a nation would hire Vextor not because he's a Ranger. XD

In the end, a nation hiring a mercenary is not simply because of their Regiment Type and/or their Leadership value. There are far more reasons to hire a mercenary than that.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great Idea mate. Now i just gotta wait 150 days till i can get maximum results with my regiment. I might change it later after that. Hopefully i may be able to get at least 5 victories and enough potch cause i want to change into a ranger.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe with this new advance i can finally realise my dream of being the strongest horsie riding unit in the Suikox world!

Mwahahaha!

Oh and nice idea btw.
Cypress

Xi Shinobi

52908 Potch
1670 Soldiers
525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm I don't think anyone is going to pass up my LDR now. Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: