Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy VII is overrated...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Suikoden II better than Final Fantasy VII?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 51 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 63

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The third one was more or less just the Ancient Dungeon if I remember right, it had very to little story line and was done for one of the gameboys. Nothing something I would consier Lufia III. I want puzzles that I will take me months to do! (And I had to in Lufia II, on several of them it took me months at a time to figure them out. It almost took me 4 months just to get through Dragon Mountain because of the "World's Hardest Puzzle, and that stupid repeating bush thing)

And on topic, alot of people get upset when others opinions don't agree with theirs, which is kind of silly really. I know in Zexen we've had this dabate several times and it usually ends up badly, but FFVI is one of those games that when you truly love it you're blind to everything else. Like I told Egg's (EG) before, I can name at least 10 game better than FFVII but then again that's my opinion.

To come right down to it, graphics wise, it was definately a bench marker but story wise well it was nothing new. I love it for what it is and that's it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never posted in here before... huh. Strange.

Anyway, no, I don't think FFVII is over-rated. I think it's a great game with interesting characters, cool equipment/magic system, fun mini-games, and a terrific plot. I think it's gotten a larger fan base than any other RPG (especially in the states) which might make it seem over-rated. Really, there's just a lot more people who have heard of and played FFVII in America than there are of any other recent RPG. (Fans of Suikoden II who claim it is the best game ever better be careful, because they are beginning to fall into the same category that FFVII fans are in as the series becomes more popular.)

Frankly, I loved all four Suikodens for their own reasons, and I am also a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series. I don't see why it has to be one title or the other.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the common misconception here is that over-rated mean bad, it doesn't, it just means that its not as good as the hype. Final Fantasy 7 is a great game, but people hail it as the end all, be all of all RPGs and its simply not. Is it still an excellent game? Well yea, you'd have to be a huge cynic or Anti-Square Mark to think otherwise, but its by far the not the greatest RPG ever made.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I see where you're coming from. In that case, I agree with you.

Every game can attract a fan base that absolutely loves it and can find no fault in it. To those people, the game is the best ever. To outsiders who do not share their opinion, they might say it's a good game but there are better ones out there. FFVII is not over-rated because I've seen just as many people here say they like it to those who say they don't. If we're talking about the fan base at GameFaqs, then yes, it is highly over-rated. But I think the majority of people like the game for what it was, at the very least.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my last thing on this issue. Every game is over-rated by a certain amount of people, I'm sure there are people who consider Suikoden over-rated just because of the cult following it has. I consider Halo 2 over-rated, yet I play it all the time with my friends. But in the end, while Final Fantasy VII may not be the best RPG ever played, it is, and this is undeniable, the most significant RPG ever made, it single-handedly revitalized the near dead RPG market for US games. In the respect it deserves a lot of the accolades it gets.

I take no sides, I love the Final Fantasy series (if you take X and X-2 out of the equation that is) and I love the suikoden Series.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Final Fantasy seven is a good game and all but I think that some people take their fandom of the game a bit too far. There have been far better rpgs even within the Final Fantasy series before and after Final Fantasy seven. It is not that great of a game either with only a half decent story in comparison to say a game like Xenogears or Suikoden 2. Dont get me wrong though I did enjoy playing Final Fantasy seven that first time through but it was a passing fad for me and thats all there was.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give in my two cents here... I don't think FFVII is overrated and here is my reason why. When I first bought a PS1 I never even *heard* of Final Fantasy games (I never owned a SNES, I was a Genesis owner). And Final Fantasy VII was the VERY FIRST Final Fantasy game I have ever played. I played that game three times over, enjoying it even more and more. Big whoop that Final Fantasy is a big name RPG, I don't CARE (this is why I stay away from GameFAQs, I DESPISE that place)... It was a fun game, with a good story, and colorful characters. And it made me download an emulator to play the older Final Fantasies, which I enjoyed.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't believe FFVII is overrated. I only saw one commercial before I bought it for my PC about 7 years ago. It was also the first Final Fantasy game that I ever owned. It has some of the best characters I think in an RPG, it made RPGs much more popular than they had ever been, and it introduced a mind-bending plot. Whether you listen to all the fanboys or not, it's still a fantastic game.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that ff7 is really the most overrated game ever.
suikoden (the I too) is much much bigger.
the only thing that is better is tthe graphic, and not that much, and i think that the graphic is less important than all the other factors.
the most important thing is the story.
i have played ff adventures, that is one of the most ungiocable games ever, but i was appassionated from it.
and another thing, the half of the chars of 1 suikoden game is more thatthe chars of all the ff series united...
eyes that lie
break on through to the other side
break on through to the other side
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: