Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sacrifices And True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Rune of Change and the Circle Rune are polar opposites. Rune of Change forces the bearer to be ever changing or some such, while the Circle Rune causes stagnation. Both of these 'curses' are assumed to be wide spread, With Sindar being forced to travel the world, and Harmonia being Stagnated. Though, how Harmonia is stagnated we haven't really seen. Probably in Tradition and motives.

Well, the numurous uprisings against Harmonia like the Scarlet Moon Empire's and Dunan's, plus the fact they were unsuccessful in taking The Grassland and Zexen. They haven't really expanded lately, just been getting smaller, very very gradually.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dunan was never apart of Harmonia but Highland was kind of. So I guess it sort of counts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that's what I meant.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland was part of Harmonia until the Blight family obtained the Beast Rune and broke off. Gregminster, in Toran, was the original capital of Harmonia before Crystal Valley.

^Actual quote!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Blight Family was gifted the rune and lands by Hikusaak, so while they weren't technically apart of Harmonia, they still had close ties.

Gregminster used to be called The Holy City of Rupanda or something close to that. But really, in modern times, it more "Built on the Ruins of Old Rupanda" type deal, since the original Gregminster/Rupanda was basically destroyed during the Succession War.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The Blight Family was gifted the rune

Truth being told, the Beast Rune went there on its own (Much probably because of its rage-like temperament). Harmonia did however made that "officially" they "offered" the rune as a symbol of the relationship between Harmonia and Highland or something to that effect.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fundertaker wrote:
Quote:
The Blight Family was gifted the rune

Truth being told, the Beast Rune went there on its own (Much probably because of its rage-like temperament). Harmonia did however made that "officially" they "offered" the rune as a symbol of the relationship between Harmonia and Highland or something to that effect.

True, but still, that information although so obvious isn't technically canon, although we may as well treat it as so. I always thought this was the case, am I wrong?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How's it not canon? I've never heard that it wasn't so I'm curious. It was stated that Hikusaak gave Highland the Beast Rune in the game. Or do you mean, about it's own free will?

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
How's it not canon? I've never heard that it wasn't so I'm curious. It was stated that Hikusaak gave Highland the Beast Rune in the game. Or do you mean, about it's own free will?

I'm talking about whether it moved there of it's own choice or not. It's obvious, yet at the same time I'm unsure if it's hard solid canon.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could be wrong ,but doesn't that pop up in an exposition bit towards the very end of the game? I think Leon Silverberg may mention something about it. I have a feeling I might be wrong on that, though, but I don't have my Suikoden II disc here to check.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is said the Beast Rune was a gift from Harmonia, but it is speculated ( in the game even) that the rune left Harmonia of its own freewill. After the supposed death of Hikusaak, Harmonia went into a state of internal discord. Kranach Rugner took advantage of this and formed a coup forming the Scarlet Moon Empire. Years later Maroux Blight helped to crush the inside rebellion going on in Harmonia and was granted lands that was up until after Suikoden 2 was Highland.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RoC wrote:
It is said the Beast Rune was a gift from Harmonia, but it is speculated ( in the game even) that the rune left Harmonia of its own freewill.

Really? Guess I missed that speculation.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been accepted within the Suikoden fan-community since the early days of Suikoden 2's release.

^Actual quote!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised that no one, not even Layfield, mentioned this as it has come up in about every rune discussion I have seen.

All True Runes, and perhaps all lesser runes as well to some smaller degree, have personality, sphere (as in influence/power), and will/ego. Aside from the obvious downsides of eternality and the inability (in most cases) to rid oneself of the curses of ownership (or perhaps symbiotism is a better term) of said true rune, most of these consequences can be tacked to those three traits. Anytime a true rune goes haywire, it can be attested to a domination of the lesser will of the bearer, usually due to the goals of the bearer running perpendicular to the goals or functions of the true rune, otherwise the true rune would have no reason to intercede. A good example of this is the ever changing nature of the elemental runes stated previously. The will of the rune was no longer to stay the course with the bearer. The true rune no longer desired the same way the bearer did.

As for the Soul Eater, it has been stated many times that it does not devour the souls of those emotionally close to the bearer, but simply gains power from their demise, otherwise you would not be able to return Gremio's life without weakening the rune. I believe the answer lies more in the true name of the rune. The Rune of Life and Death gains power and closeness to it's bearer as the life cycle completes itself more and more around the bearer. As this may be looked upon as a curse, it is simply the rune acting upon its very nature.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception, what exactly are you trying to say? True Runes do have a certain conscience, but what makes this story unique is that the Beast Rune has actually chosen to re-locate itself to a building in another country. It's not like the rune is dissapearing or just hiding, it's actually moved to another country, that's what strikes me as unique about this case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: