Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Allies comeback as villains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
They made Leon an asshole in his last bit in suikoden 2. I am thinking that Konami would not be above screwing with the alignments so the possibility of Viki turning out as evil would still remain (at 1% lol).

Leon was basically the same in Suikoden I, except he talks more and you see more of his character. Viki could never take a stance against anyone really as she never has an idea of whats happening.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Leon wasn't the friendliest guy ever in the first place.
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An ally which becomes a bad guy? Ever thought about Shu as an enemy? :) Now THAT would be a challenge I guess. Shu as an enemy strategist would make Suikoden a big shot. Here are some of my thoughts.

-Shu as an enemy strategist
-Geddoe as an enemy general
-Leona as a spy / traitor in our own rows.
-Miklotov and Camus as enemy generals.
-Zerase as an enemy
-Futch as the commander of the dragon knights but at the enemy's side.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe is actually quite a viable option. The guy, as always, remained neutral through all skirmishes. He plays all sides really well. Those kind of guys can be your friend one day and your enemy the next. That said, he won't ever raise arms against Grasslands, as he had a deep respect for his two friends. Aside from that, any country is fair game for him, he apparently even led his Unit in the Higheast Rebellion on Harmonia's side, so it's obvious the guy is a mercenary overall who will follow orders from above as long as he's paid.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because one nation (that we've played already) was the oppressed in a previous Suikoden doesn't mean that nation won't re-appear at a later date as the antagonist.

For example Toran became very strong after the Liberation was completed, in Suikoden 2 they seemed to have relative peace and the like - however if you were another nation bordering them and they decided that their military might was sufficient to take over your nation - we could see the six generals as enemies. Fighting against the six generals that you so carefully put together in the first Suikoden.

It would sit nicely with the whole 'there is no good and evil in war, just differing opinions' plotlines... to fight against that which you so carefully built. It doesn't have to be the same generation either, perhaps 50 years in the future and few of the original generals remain but you come against their children and the like.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the whole no good and evil in war thing is a bit idealistic! In World War II, there certainly was an evil side. Not everyone on the opposing side was evil, but the majority of the leadership, an thus the actions were.

But, to stay on topic, I would think any of the mercenary groups, including the Kage, would make good previous-ally, now-villain types. And a bit of a stretch, but perhaps Taggart? We shall know his true worth!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the same subject sort of, but I'd like to see someone like Neclord come back as an ally. Everyone hated him, but if SVI goes the same route that Suikoden IV does I'd like to see them set the storyline closer to the time that the Blue Moon Village was still around so we could see some events unfold there. That might be interesting, and y'know, I'd even go so far as to say I'd like to see Neclord as the next Tenkai! Ahh, don't kill me! Haha, honestly he was a good guy ;). But there are always two sides of the story, and as we know possessing a true rune does things to person - perhaps the Blue Moon Rune has some really freaking negative consiquences in the long run and Neclords taking the rune at the time was a good thing, stealing it from the evil witch Sierra. That also sets Sierra up to be an awesome villan in a future Suikoden once the rune digs into her once more. Ok ok, yeah, the entire idea is completly impossible but hey, wild speculation is great and I hope someone at Konami checks these boards reads my idea and steals it :D. On a differnt slightly off topic note, I want to see more Vampires in future suikodens - 1, 2, the Gaidens, and 3 to a degree has vampires or at least vampiric elements present I don't see why they'd abandon that aspect of the world in IV and V. More Vampires! (I'm not some goth kid, I just think that they started something and they should remain consisntant...)

I hate you Onimaru.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neclord as a Tenkai star? LOL.....well, you can definitely write off Viktor as a returning Star of Destiny, if Neclord's the hero!
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Example: Say you're playing the Harmonian angle and you're down a Rune. The True Lightning Rune. Time to bring that thing on home to Hikusaak. So of course, you're pretty much putting the 12th HSFDF on the evil end of that situation, and theoretically, Harmonia and it's pursuit of the runes are the 'good' guys.

Harmonia as the "good guys" would be hard to sell. All signs point to Harmonia being a corrupt nation with a strict caste system. They'll stop at nothing to get their way, and are known to enslave and brainwash—on a good day—or outright annihilate those who resist. They consider beings not of pure human stock subhumans and treat them as slaves. The list goes on and on.

No, I think portraying the current Harmonia in a positive light (well, beyond its libraries and strategist schools) is a lost cause. What would probably be a better idea is focusing on the individual level, like how Suikoden III did with the 12th Unit. Paint the members as ordinary people with dreams and goals. Maybe give one of them a big reason to hunt for the traitor, like maybe he/she has been promised by one of the Harmonian leaders that if he/she gets the rune back, that character will win the freedom of so-and-so/receive enough money to cure the character's injured relative, or something to that effect. It may not be even be a ruse by the Harmonians to manipulate that character.

As for a couple of other picks...

Quote:
Viki (her mysterious character does not point to any alignment whatsoever besides she seems pretty powerful)

I can't see Big Viki as a villain at all. She just seems too nice and airheaded to be taken seriously as such. I mean, she can barely cast a spell without botching it up, she thinks the City State is a kind of food, she hangs out with characters who can at best be called "spunky", she wanted to go on a picnic with Luc (c'mon, LUC), and she feeds kitties. It'd take a whole lot of work to shake that sort of image, and even then it sounds a bit ridiculous and out of the blue. At least Luc had a little foreshadowing before his turn, not to mention he was pretty competent and had the kind of personality to make it believable.

I could see her as a bumbling adversary led astray by the EVIL EMPIRE, only to do something boneheaded like teleporting directly into your barracks or dungeon. It would obviously end with a typical "I must defeat the rebels!" "No, Viki, you are the rebels," "And then Viki was a Star of Destiny."

Now, Little Viki is slightly more believable, although she doesn't seem the type to play a villain role either. She doesn't seem to actively do much of anything and just prefers to keep mum. Not to mention that she's too smart and aware to be a decent opponent. I mean, she kept Kidd out on all three investigation attempts...

Quote:
Jeane

Nah. She seems more the type to work behind the scenes, do a couple of things that don't directly affect you, then join up with the party at the Rune Shop.

Quote:
Zerase

Hmmm...A little closer. She certainly seems the type to zap things if they're in her way. But the Sun rune and its controlling runes are back in place, so it'd probably take the Night Rune to bring her out.

Quote:
Mazus, Crowley

If they brought them back in the same game, sure. Neither of them seem all that bad, but hey.

Quote:
Sierra

She's not that type. A little cranky at daytime, but she got her rune back so she doesn't really have much business as a villain.

Quote:
Pilika

Huh? Really?!

Quote:
The Prince

Yeah, that would be cool, especially after having seen the bad ending. You gotta love that angry face he pulls right before unveiling the Twilight Rune to Georg's face.

As for who'd I'd like to see as a true villain...that'd be hard to say. Many of the Stars are simply too nice to really make the turn, and a lot of others have their loose ends tied up by the final roll call. Nakula, who has The Rage to make such a turn doesn't have the status nor the leadership to really be a nationwide threat. I can't see Pesmerga making a turn, since he just blindly follows Neclord/the Star Dragon Sword in hopes of meeting Yuber, and Yuber's a lot more vicious than he is.

I suppose that Albert would make a good villain, even though he never was much of an ally. He's got that ruthless edge. Sasarai and Dios would also seem the kind of characters to be put in a villainous role, especially considering how Harmonia just loves to step on other nations' toes if it'll further its purposes.

Anyhow, I'd think that a certain element of tragedy would be needed to really cement any Star as more than a henchman.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would'nt mind seeing a comeback from Gilbert or any of the other major bandits and mercanaries. I think Sydonia would be a prime candidate for being an enemy given his strange nature and unusual attitude. I think it would be cool for him to be fighting against you as a general for hire and then you have to find and recriut Varkas to put a stop to him. I also think it would be interesting to know how Sydonia is able to teleport, a power which was never really explained.

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymsleia, even though just a child in 5, she takes what she wants and isn't afraid to use the power of Falena to get it. Remember when Zerase appeared at East Palace and she got really mad, or when Lym tried to use Godwins army to get back to Prince.. Now with Prince gone she has a whole kingdom to use for her wrath. What about Prince going on a journey to Armes after getting the two runes, then getting accidentally killed by the next Suikoden main plot characters? Whoa, she'd start a war just to revenge that. We would also see the evil Prince for a while (atleast I believe he changed to somehow "evil" after getting the second rune). Maybe we'll also see the Queen Knights and other V characters against us.

The runekeepers, Leknaat, Jeane, Zeraze & CO is a no-brainer: Everyone wants to know their story. Unluckily I believe we won't find out more in-depth about runes before the last part, unless there will be a Suikoden with Harmonia included before that. Leknaat has taken sides against Windy, why not against the main characters in next game. It would be interesting to see how we survive against a side who has Leknaat with them. We know nothing of Zerazes rune, but judging from her attitude we could easily see her as a villain: maybe not the big bad boss, but perhaps still on the enemy side. We've had Jeane so long with us but still know so little about her.. Have you noticed how she always joins up with a true rune keeper? Perhaps she's gathering information to unleash some evil plan.
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see:
Hmmm.......Leeknaat returns & joins her sister Windy(Double-Trouble)

Yuber somehow convinces Pesmerga to Join forces with him

Victor turns on Flik......leaving Flik for dead & destroys his sword Odessa+

Apple becomes the enemy strategist
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what about Tir?
okay i guess no one would want to hurt our beloved Tir lol

Salum?
Watari? most likely]
Landis?.............
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor, it will be interesting if he turns his side to villain~ :mrgreen:
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Flik could be your villian? Have Flik go crazy since he never gets over Odessa's death, & destroys the warrior's village?

Jeane? We know lil of her, acts kind of bubbly sometimes..maybe to throw people off?

Zerase could easily be a villian(she's self explanitory)

Killey? maybe find out he is part Sindar? maybe that's why he's so interested in them? definately need more info on him

Lucretia & Shu join forces, how to survive......?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: