Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Allies comeback as villains
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Allies comeback as villains Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would like to see any SoD comeback as a villain?

I'd love to see Mueller and Wilhelm as enemies, while Richard would be on your side. Something like Richard making a contract to you without knowing Wilhelm contracted with the enemy. They are mercenaries; they don't fight for their beliefs. It would be great to see Richard vs. Mueller.

I would also like to see Zamza come back as enemy; if he masters his fighting style he would become unbeatable, as a magician and as a brawler. I can see him exploding everything up with his fire punches.

What about you guys? Which character would like to see back as your enemy?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All mercenaries, pirates and bandits (and there are lot of those among the stars of all games) would make good adversaries. The game could show how evil many aspects of those professions actually are, instead of depicting the lifestyle of a bandit or pirate as a "romantic free spirit" or mere "adventure-seeker".

And Pilika could make a good villain.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure it will happen at some point. I actually have speculated that Viktor and Flik will be enemies later on - now THAT would be a shocker!

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Point well made. With such a devestating life she could turn out just as bad as Luca, not that I expect it. I could definately see her as a good villain if she has the right mentor, maybe Leon Silverberg?

Depending on where it takes place we could even see non-thieves as enemies of the hero. Say if the next one is in New Armes, then maybe they spark a war with Falena and boom some recurring characters on the Falenan side are ememies.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lindwurm Mercs would make a good set of enemies on the opposing side in a future Southern Continent game, although there'd have to be a crap-load of development for me to ever buy into Mueller versus Richard.

But it's more difficult with pirates, surprisingly. They tend to stick to a general area and are usually 'in' with the new regime (INF and Toran spring to mind). Unless you've got a real good excuse for it, it'd be hard to drag them to a new nation for some fighting.

Makes you realise how good Suikoden III was, huh? :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:

"Since the departure of Jowy, Pilika discovers her darkside."

I like it!

I'm not bothered, as long as the enemy shows some kind of intelligence.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yup... that pain she suffer when in her youth shall be the path for her evilness

that great idea

and also about lidwurm merc.. btw i confuse who gonna be villain? Mueller or Richard?

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EggMan wrote:

Point well made. With such a devastating life she could turn out just as bad as Luca, not that I expect it. I could definitely see her (Pilika) as a good villain if she has the right mentor, maybe Leon Silverberg?

I agree. But I don't think Leon could be her tutor. If Leon's war philosophy is “to end war as soon as possible with the least amount of casualties”, I don't see how incubating any suppressed emotions of hatred can be considered as limiting deaths. It actually causes more pain and suffering that anything else and that's not his cup of tea.

I think a more suitable mentor for her would be someone like Iskas. Someone that wants to achieve some kind of higher rank and isn't afraid to step on as many toes as it takes. That type of deceiving personality is more suited to court someone like Pilika to his or her side and mold her personality to his/her benefit. She could play a part as a cold blooded assassin (among other assassins) provided she has someone like that showing her the way. Similarly, if she was able to get into a group like Nether Gate, she could turn out to be a very strong villain.

She doesn't seem like the type to stay bad forever though. If she were to make an appearance in a game as a villain, I'm sure she'd join you eventually. If only because we know the real Pilika, and hence her credibility will always be questioned as an enemy. I’m always going to see her as that little kid that loved her parents. I do admit that it would be surreal to see her as a villain though.

If I could make her ending, I’d have it say something along the lines of this

"Returns to the one that was like her big sister and mother at the same time. But to her surprise, waiting alongside her was a person she hadn't seen in years. With tears in her eyes she runs toward her new family"

Konami loves these open-interpretation events where they don't say what exactly happens. With an ending like that, fans would be screaming for confirmation that it was Jowy.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in wrote:
and also about lidwurm merc.. btw i confuse who gonna be villain? Mueller or Richard?

Both, because they're both in the same brigade, he means that the enemy hires the Lindwurm Mercenary Brigade to fight the player's forces.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would be cool having Pesmerga as an enemy and Yuber as an active team member.
Yuber could act as the hunted who needs helps and makes Pesmerga looks like the bad guy.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Yuber could act as the hunted who needs helps and makes Pesmerga looks like the bad guy.

I personally think that Yuber would be better off as a villain rather than Pesmerga. To me, Yuber is more like a villain than Pesmerga does. The things he does are what many villains do -- spread chaos, evil, and more chaos into the world. That, to me, is what villains do. Unless Konami would do some sort of crazy plot twist (and believe me, it would be really hard to pull that twist off) that would make Yuber look like the good guy, I would stick with my opinion that Yuber would be a better villain than Pesmerga will ever be.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Sialeeds wrote:

I personally think that Yuber would be better off as a villain rather than Pesmerga. To me, Yuber is more like a villain than Pesmerga does. The things he does are what many villains do -- spread chaos, evil, and more chaos into the world. That, to me, is what villains do. Unless Konami would do some sort of crazy plot twist (and believe me, it would be really hard to pull that twist off) that would make Yuber look like the good guy, I would stick with my opinion that Yuber would be a better villain than Pesmerga will ever be.

Agreed, but since Konami released the picture of the first Suikoden cover with the villains instead of the SOD´s I always wanted a Suikoden game where you could also play the "bad side" to booth I always wanted to play as Yuber and loose hell.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Agreed, but since Konami released the picture of the first Suikoden cover with the villains instead of the SOD´s I always wanted a Suikoden game where you could also play the "bad side" to booth I always wanted to play as Yuber and loose hell.

Like Suikoden III with Luc?

BTW other great character to see back as enemy is Albert, I really want to see which country he is working for and also, it would be good to see him duel with Caesar again.

Crowley or Mazus (one them only) would be good to see as villain too, since they are enemies, one of them should (or could) be evil, it would be good to have a game with both characters, with one of them being your enemy.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rezard wrote:
Sialeeds wrote:

Like Suikoden III with Luc?

BTW other great character to see back as enemy is Albert, I really want to see which country he is working for and also, it would be good to see him duel with Caesar again.

Crowley or Mazus (one them only) would be good to see as villain too, since they are enemies, one of them should (or could) be evil, it would be good to have a game with both characters, with one of them being your enemy.

No I mean in the whole game.Or better said, during the whole game.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, sometimes there aren't so much things as 'villains' as there are people momentarily on the wrong side of a conflict. Then again, something like that would depend on your point of view.

Example: Say you're playing the Harmonian angle and you're down a Rune. The True Lightning Rune. Time to bring that thing on home to Hikusaak. So of course, you're pretty much putting the 12th HSFDF on the evil end of that situation, and theoretically, Harmonia and it's pursuit of the runes are the 'good' guys.

I'm just saying there's all sorts of permutations for right and wrong, and good people going bad, and in a lot of ways, it's all a matter of the perspective the game itself takes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: