Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing Bounty Hunting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Introducing Bounty Hunting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the go ahead from Vextor I'll begin implementing an idea I had back on February 7th. It will become applicable for Mercenaries for Phase 15.

With the growing number of Non-Playable Characters and their Rogue Factions, certain characters stick out as being particularly troublesome. A nation may be having a hard time dealing with their battles and their explorations and may not have time to try and find a specific character. That's where this system comes into play.

Just like an Adventure you may choose to take up the charge of a posted Bounty. Nations can come in and post a potch reward on a specific individual. There has been some posters made or some of the various pirates, which is odd to me since they came after my idea yet completely uninfluenced by each other. Coevolution?

So a nation posts their bounty in the Bounty Sticky thread that will be made later, closer to the end of Phase 14. When DOI's roll around a Mercenary may choose pursue and bounty and may make this clear by adventuring for the bounty. To Quote Vextor....
Vextor wrote:

Oh yes, just make sure mercenaries know that they can apply for these "Bounties" as an "Adventure." They'd of course have to pay a certain amount like any other adventure, but employers can probably pay for that, if they wish (although mercenaries can fail their mission, and then that money would be lost).

Nations will have time to discuss if they would like to create a bounty for posting before Phase 15. It is requested that a bounty be made in post per post (one bounty per post but you may choose to post as many as you want, just for organization). Bounties should include a reward amount, a target, and any special circumstances i.e. Dead or Alive, Dead Reward, Live Reward, by Phase 16, etc... They may be posted in the poster format or textually, whatever floats your boat.

Marks on playable characters are allowed as I cannot disallow them, though it should be made clear that creating a mark on a playable character is terribly rude and will bare repercussions, no doubt.

I think this about covers it. Questions?

EDIT: I'll log some of the questions addressed here.
-Mercenaries can post them.
-Mercenaries alone can collect on Bounties.(As per the word of Vextor)
-Bounties may be posted on any NPC, not exclusive to Rogue Faction members. It must be reminded that NPC's from nations will be surrounded by allies and therefore will be far more difficult.
-NPC's are killed for plot reasons, so killing usually won't happen (one phase incapacitation). However, revenant characters seem to have an advantage when it comes to killing NPC's.

Last edited by Acheron on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mercenaries themselves can't put up bounties can we? I was thinking of hiring Vextor to kill Anekoji Tadakatsu.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You stole my idea.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Mercenaries themselves can't put up bounties can we? I was thinking of hiring Vextor to kill Anekoji Tadakatsu.

I suppose you could if you could make the bounty sweet enough for mercenaries stronger than yourself to be attracted to it. From what I can tell, you can still adventure in pursuit of a specific character, but you could impress upon nations you are friendly with to post a bounty for it.

So, yeah, I suppose you can post a bounty as a Mercenary. It just didn't seem logical at the time to think of it like that. The answer is yes unless Vextor decides otherwise.

EDIT: Yvl, did I? Sorry if I did. I saw people starting to make posters so I wanted to post my idea before other people stole it. Sorry if I did. Did you have a question?

Last edited by Acheron on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can nations put bounties on any NPC or is this limited to just rogue faction NPCs?

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Can nations put bounties on any NPC or is this limited to just rogue faction NPCs?

Any NPC. Keep in mind that NPC's of a large nation would be more difficult to catch since they have more allies surrounding them. It was made with Rogue Factions in mind but can definently extend outside that to any NPC's at all. For example (I'll use Falena since it's first to mind), Falen could post a bounty for Amethyst Boudier, or however you don't mispell it tragically. Maybe Tinto will put one out there for Sal Lamel at some point, but yea, any NPC will do.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just screwing around. You had this in the works long before me.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does putting a bounty down have reprucussions?
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If this purely for mercs only, or can nations help eachother out? Suppose for example that I wanted some NPC killed, would someone from Zexen be able to accept the bill? This is a pretty cool idea I think.

*Prepares a personal hitlist*

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Does putting a bounty down have reprucussions?

Beyond making your intentions very clear. I don't see why not. It should also be thought, this is also applicable to Usernames question earlier, NPC Nations will probably have the capacity to post bounties as well. They can interact with the world and they can hire mercenaries, I don't see what's stopping them from hiring a mercenary to off somebody.

EDIT: Sorry I missed ya.
Quote:
Can people from any nation collect bounties posted by any nation? Suppose for example that Armes wanted some NPC killed, would someone from Highland be able to accept the bill? This is a pretty cool idea I think.

*Prepares a personal hitlist*

At this point I think it should be for Mercenaries. Vextor can come in and clarify, but I'd rather Bounty Hunters go after Bounties. It'll save him some work. It also gives mercenaries something else they can do, which is always a field which lacks. It's for the Mercs.

Vextor a few posts down wrote:
It's only for mercs because otherwise, running this thing will become way too taxing for me.

Last edited by Acheron on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

creating a mark on a playable character

Wait a sec... that don't make sense. Would their regiment change to "deceased" then?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's only for mercs because otherwise, running this thing will become way too taxing for me.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Wait a sec... that don't make sense. Would their regiment change to "deceased" then?

See there are problems with it. I couldn't tell you since I don't make that choice. It may just stifle them for their battles. I don't know, at this point you can see for yourself how problematic bounties on playable characters can be. So like I said, I can't disallow it since I'm not an Admin, but I can discourage it.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NPCs are generally unkillable unless they have to due to plot reasons. Bounty Hunting will only incapacitate them for a phase or something, maybe.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:

Plus, it makes it more realistic this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: