Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing Bounty Hunting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684690 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I like it.

Haha, great news. So far it seems to be well recieved and I'm glad.

I wanted to clarify, bounties can be posted at any time but before a phase begins is the best time, usually, so the Mercs have time to see them and decide if it's a worthwhile endeavour. Also, make the rewards worth it. Mercs won't go after one if it's not as good as the prospect of a normal adventure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a really cool idea, I think. It allows more versatility for exploration, without adding anything that new or complicated. And it's a basic idea that really makes sense. Good job Acheron!

So, I could, for example, put out a bounty on the Iron Giant or something? Could I put a bounty on Acheron or Synchysi?

This question has already been asked, I think, but I wanted just an ounce more of clarification. Sorry.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good idea, i am in full support of this new merc only system.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So, I could, for example, put out a bounty on the Iron Giant or something? Could I put a bounty on Acheron or Synchysi?

You could but the likelihood for it to be successful is slim. Iron Giant is well defended by the allies he has in Harmonia, so there's that. Acheron is unbeatable and Synchisi moves around so much that he'd be hard to follow by the bounty hunter, so it may take more than 1 or 2 phases in order to track him down. Some NPC's are easier to find because they stay around the same area. You can put a Bounty on anyone but some are too difficult to get. Naturally, some bounties are going to be harder marks than others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can multiple nations or people "add to the pot" of a bounty, so to speak? For example, if there was a bounty of 1,000,000 potch on a pirate's head by one nation, could another nation come in and add more potch to the reward amount?

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
Can multiple nations or people "add to the pot" of a bounty, so to speak? For example, if there was a bounty of 1,000,000 potch on a pirate's head by one nation, could another nation come in and add more potch to the reward amount?

Presumably they'd have to either make a new bounty, or consult the nation that has issued the current bounty about adding to it, and showing appropriate credit.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does this only count towards a 'hunt down' type of bounty, or could one put out a bounty for information?

For instance, say nation A wants to find a NPC so they can add him/her to the nation, could the nation put out a bounty for info leading to that NPC's location?

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is an interesting new idea bounty hunting,good luck to all who decided to pursue these bandits of suikox world.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we be fun and give this a whole "Gotta hunt 'em all" theme?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is an awesome idea! Wonderful job!

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn it why are you doing this to me!? I just got used to the idea of a Wanderer how cruel can you be?

…I will look into this matter further and present any questions I have later Acheron…

And good job coming up and presenting this…
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playing some FF12 eh Acheron? :P

Anyhow, this idea is a very interesting twist. I like it. Now I'll have to go get Skald to wear a bulletproof vest!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great idea!

Steel!!! We are coing for you!!! :mrgreen:
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I suppose multiple nations can pitch in on one Bounty. I hadn't considered it but for simplicity this should be negotiated before posting and be posted as one bulletin. So if Kooluk and Scarlet Moon both wanted a Bounty on Steele, they could negotiate to go 50/50 on him but one would post Bounty, so that could be easy. If a nation wants
to increase the Bounty after its posted, they can do so after the posters been up for a phase.

Quote:
So does this only count towards a 'hunt down' type of bounty, or could one put out a bounty for information?

For instance, say nation A wants to find a NPC so they can add him/her to the nation, could the nation put out a bounty for info leading to that NPC's location?

You may put a price for information (or can you?). This doesn't stop people from giving you misinformation though.

I feel for Vex and Ax now! So many very applicable questions on what I thought would be a very straight forward idea. Keep 'em comin if you've got 'em.

When a Bounty is posted, whichever user posted it is the one to contact if a Mercenary wishes to pursue it. For example, I'll be posting the Bounties on behalf of Tinto so Mercenaries will contact me they are up to the challenge of fighting Tinto's enemies, which I'm sure they will be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: