Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would you still like Suikoden if the series became popular?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what does it matter if its popular?

I could care less whether a game is popular or not. I like the games because of their in depth stories not because I can be like oh i own you cause I am a game elitist who can talk about these games you dont know about and i can confuse you all. HAHAHAHA

no just no. it doesnt matter

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont see why I would not like it. But I would be REALLY REALLY hiding my fanaticism for the series. I dont like people knowing I like stuff that they like too...
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just as long as the quality of the new games doesn't go down because the developers don't feel like they have to work hard to please the audience, which has sadly happened too often.

But no matter how popular they get, I will always love 1-5!!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I pretty much agree that as long as we can feel that it is indeed a Suikoden game then sure, why would I not love it? Even if there are millions of crazy die-hard zealots spouting crap out of their mouths (in reference to some FF fans), I would welcome it. That could only mean that we will be able to have more Suikodens in the future!

Though, I think the major problem that can arise is if these "zealots" make enough of an impact to change the flow of the series with their whining and demands and all that. But of course, we cross the bridge when we get there!!! XD
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as it was still Suikoden, I would be quite happy. It would mean more Suiko-goodness for us all to enjoy!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why this could become a problem. It would be a great thing, because if Suikoden bemomes more popular, maybe more people will be interested in good RPGs instead of ego shooters. Don't you agree?
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, well as long as it did not become some sort of cash cow and rush out titles. As long as it stayed the way it has been with the differences it has from the other rpgs. I would not just go off a game because it became popular, unless I had reason too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm not one of those kids who yells "Sell outs" everytime something or someone makes a name for themselves. As long as the creators held true, and kept us real fans in mind, it's fine.

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends entirely on if the quality remained the same or changed. If the quality fell apart (ala FF) then no. But, if it continued to stay the same, then why not. It's all about if I like it or not, not if everyone else in the world does.

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i want it to be popular to out throw FF i never really liked FF.....
Suikoden is sadly......ENDANGERED because of its poor sales so if suikoden 6 has lower sales than 5 or about the same as 5 konami will have no choice but to trash it :cry:

so if it become popular.....more man-power....greater graphics.......but then again more people likes FF because it has greater graphics & love stories AND technology......but think about it.....if suikoden has Technology,clothes like in the present times, etc....it wont be suikoden anymore would it?so if konami gave suikoden these...it would be popular but it would also change...........but let's see what konami has in store
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Believe it or not, the sales for Suikoden V are not as abyssmal as people seem to think. Sure it's not a Final Fantasy, in terms of sales, but people are definately buying them. And it's not like Suikoden games are huge money hogs, either!

Edit: Just to prove my point, in Japan alone, in original sales (not counting rereleases, of course): Suikoden I sold 163,841 units, and Suikoden V sold 192,297. These figures are from Famitsu magazine (I got them off of Due Fiumi's Gensopedia).

Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as Konami sticks with the storyline and keeps expanding it and giving the fans (that's us :D ) what they expect, I don't see why Suikoden turning mighty popular would bother me. Then again, there's the risk of increased production values leading to an overemphasis of graphics and movies and the like. I don't see this happen anytime soon, though. If Suikoden hasn't managed to become one of the premier rpg franchises by now I don't think it ever will.

Still, it must be pretty popular in Japan seeing as bookstores are filled with (something of an exaggeration, perhaps :wink: ) Suikoden manga, guidebooks and whatnot.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, it seems that only recently has suikoden materials boomed, from what I've seen. It's as if they are either expecting a hit in Suikoden VI, or that maybe they want to ensure all the fans are paying attention when they do release it.

Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember when I play suikoden I for the first time, Playstation RPG still isn't as popular as it is now. There's only handful of them (for the PS system), like Beyond the beyond, BOF III, Arc the lad, and such. Even when FFVII come and (supposedly) boomed, RPG still isn't a very popular genre outside Japan until the time FF8 came. Suikoden actually got some market shares with the release of FF8, as more and more people introduced to RPG due to the the heavy promotion and hype of the game, resulting in bigger market for RPG.

Perhaps if Konami do enough promotion to create a hype like Square did with FF8, Suikoden could become a Major game out there.

Now, back to the topic, what I don't understand is that there's people out there who tend to dislike something if it became too popular. For me, as long as I enjoy it, I like it. I don't really care for any other things. And so far I enjoy playing every Suikoden out there.

Last edited by Kohaku on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course!
What does it matter if it's 'popular'? I don't like a game just 'cause it's not widely known. I like it because it's a good game. I'm not the type of person that will hate something just because it gets out in the open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: