Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ted and Luc sharing the same Star
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Ted and Luc sharing the same Star Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not quite understand they both share the same star. However Officaily from what i have read Ted is still considered a non star of destiny.

Ted was a star of destiny in Suikoden IV and he shared the same star as Luc who was not a star of destiny in Suikoden IV however was a star of Destiny in Suikoden I, Suikoden II, and Suikoden III.

This is something that has been bothering me. I did research on this. Ted is not truly considered a Star of Destiny in Suikoden, Yet he is a Star of Destiny in Suikoden IV. Why do people not consider him as a star of Destiny in Suikoden I. He is a Star of Destiny as we seen in Suikoden IV. Yes if there was no Ted in Suikoden Iv there would be no one questioning this. However We have seen Ted as a Star of Destiny. However there are people out there who still see him as a Non star of Destiny. Wouldn't He be considered a Star of Destiny even if he died during Suikoden I. Look at Suikoden III. Jimba and Yun both died. However you do not see their name erased from the Stars of Destiny. They just put their name in Red. to symbolize they have died. Of course originally Suikoden I probably did not plan to make Ted a Star of Destiny. However don't you think he would not be considered a star of destiny even if he died.

I'm not sure if what i have wrote is clear enough for you however. If you do not understand please tell me what part you do not understand so i can explain it to you more.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You do realize that many other people who ever have the chance of becoming a Star of Destiny - like Varkas, Maria, Window, Yuber, Nash Latjke (technically), Leon Silverberg, Cleo, Gremio and even Tir McDohl - have also appeared in the series without being a Star of Destiny, do you not?

Ted is a Star of Destiny in Suikoden IV for the same reason as Lilly Pendragon is a Star of Destiny in Suikoden III. Similarly, he is not a Star of Destiny in Suikoden for the same reason as Lilly is not a Star of Destiny in Suikoden II.

He is just not considered one of the people who "shape the Destiny" and "propel it forward" in Suikoden even though he is on the same side as Tir and has a face-portrait there, while in Suikoden IV he is considered important enough to have the privelege.

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i have noticed that to.

Don't you think they would be considered a Stay of Destiny too((even though i think this is going off topic. Even though they are not considered Stars Of Destiny i think they do shape Destiny. In Suikoden I and II Yuber was involved in a war. don't you think that would help shape destiny.

I think really all the characters are stars of destiny's even if they aren't. THey way i see it Luca Blight was a Star of Destiny. He was shaping Destiny by using his rune to kill people. Leon was a Star of Destiny by using his strategic skills.
I think relaly i found my own answer to this but in a way i didn't. Ithink there are two sets of stars of destiny. One for the opposition of the "Hero" and then one for the"Hero." That is what i think i have just found out by typing this up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are not necessarily two sets of Stars of Destiny for opposing forces. Every person is under a Star of Destiny no matter what; it is like astrological signs. However, not every people have the fate of shining at the same night as Tir or Riou (or have the luck of being made a face-portrait for a game named Suikoden, for that matter).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It just means that characters who appear in games don't have to always be a star of destiny to be one in another game. That's it, nothing complex.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems to me that for you, everyone who has a face on that game is considered a Star of Destiny. :P No offense thats how I thought a few years ago. Lets face it, everyone in the suikoden world molded destiny so you'd have to say everyone's a Star of Destiny. About the Luca Blight thing, yes he's like Luc both bad guys but Luca wanted to kill for enjoyment while Luc did it so he can free the world. Even if Luc may have seemed wrong, he's doing it not for himself but for the world. Back to the thing about Ted, Ted didn't really do much in the story before he died. He just gave Tir his Souleater and thats all. Unlike Jimba, Yun, Gremio (for awhile), and so on and so forth, they did alot of changes in their own part of Suikoden before they died.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It seems to me that for you, everyone who has a face on that game is considered a Star of Destiny

When I first played Suikoden many years ago and didn't know who all of the stars were I spent the longest time trying to figure out ways to recruit the Dwarf Chief based on that fact alone^^

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than that already answered question, I have another one: Why is Ted occupying an important Star of Destiny position when recruiting him is completely optional, unlike Luc, who joins automatically in the first two Suikodens and appears on the list anyway if you got the other 104 Stars?

After all, the Tenkan star is a very high up position, so it'd be fair to assume that Ted's recruitment should have been automatic, considering the weird time loop that would have happened otherwise... It doesn't quite make sense, does it? :roll:

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ted in many ways is similar to Luc, even if his recruitment is optional in Suikoden IV, it demonstrates his significance in Suikoden I, don't you think?
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:

After all, the Tenkan star is a very high up position, so it'd be fair to assume that Ted's recruitment should have been automatic, considering the weird time loop that would have happened otherwise... It doesn't quite make sense, does it? :roll:

This is just a guess but there are alot of stars that are optional in the same way. Having to do that side task to get him instead of him being automatic is kind of just the work you must do to make sure that history goes the way it should. Also because from SI we know where he ends up one might think that this character's path is set in stone and can not be touched. This could just be Konami's way of giving you a little freedome in your own game. That Ted's path is not set in stone and boring, you can change it(in your own game) if you want to.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted and Luc share the same star for two reasons: 1) the Tenkan Star is traditionally held by a powerful mage who is in touch with Dark Forces (Zerase as well) and 2) Luc (from what I hear) was hugely popular among Japanese players and for a game he wasn't in, a popular and beloved character needed to replace him to avoid disappointing fans.

In terms of gameplay, though, I do agree that ted in S4 should have been automatic to avoid continuity errors.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
Ted and Luc share the same star for two reasons: 1) the Tenkan Star is traditionally held by a powerful mage who is in touch with Dark Forces (Zerase as well) and 2) Luc (from what I hear) was hugely popular among Japanese players and for a game he wasn't in, a popular and beloved character needed to replace him to avoid disappointing fans.

In terms of gameplay, though, I do agree that ted in S4 should have been automatic to avoid continuity errors.

That seems reasonable. I was very much a fan of all three, and I noted the extreme similiarities between all three of them. I recall reading that in a list of Suikoden characters, Luc topped the list. The article had something to do with the Genso Shinsyo (sp).

I just found it funny that Leknaat would bother about an optional character, and you can see that his 'subquest' is very much a non-trivial one, judging from the boss involved.

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted definately fits the mold as Luc's replacement. That's what each star is based on, a certain mold of a person, seems like common sense to me.
SoulEaterRune_Tir

The True Runes

200579 Potch
68 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope I'm still on topic.
I'm not sure if this has been posted before in different words.
But about the part where you said,
THey way i see it Luca Blight was a Star of Destiny. He was shaping Destiny by using his rune to kill people. Leon was a Star of Destiny by using his strategic skills.(and no i didn't bother to correct your TH)
The things they did,were BOUND to happen.One way or another.Riou,Tir and all the other Tenkai's gathered all the stars to CHANGE it.If not Luca and all the psychotic freaks of all the games(Yes I AM including Gizel,but leave Luc outta this!)would have follow their decided destiny.If not for Riou,Luca would have completely destroyed all things Suikoden.Without Tir...etc.
So I hope this was still correctly posted.I didn't post it the last time cause I was afraid it was off topic :P
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone ever think about the fact that perhapes the bad guys got a Table of destiny to and just didnt manage to fill it? I mean what if Jowy was the Tenkai star, and the other members like Leon Silverberg, Luca Blight and the rest all had star spots as well? What if, the bad guys ARE stars of destiny just on the other side?? That could mean Gizel, and Windy had tablets of destiny as well but because of the fact that Luc only really had three real followers he was simply added to the other tablet of destiny because he was still moving fate by what he was doing, but he wasnt in charge of a large enough group to have his own tablet of destiny?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: