Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Time is odd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Time is odd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is anybody else experiencing something screwy with time? Take a look at the index and see if your time is off. Let me know how far it is off from actual time after making sure your time setting (GMT +-) is correct.

Thanks!
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I've noticed it. The time at Suikox is 1,5 hours later than the actual time here. (It's 2.20 PM now, the time at Suikox says 3.50 PM), I checked the time-setting in my profile, it hasn't changed. (GMT +1).
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, something's really funny. It's happening everywhere. It seems like posts clock in an hour later. Although, I saw one of Zaleria's posts two hours ahead. The forum still tells me that it's set for GMT +0.

Very, very odd...
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i tinkered with my profile settings to get a round about fix, originally i was on GMT +11 but that was way off so now I'm on GMT+9 and its about half an hour behind the actual time (with GMT+9.5 being ahead of it but like 20mins).

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, now that you mention it. My setting is to GMT-8 and my computer's clock says 5:44am but the index says it's 7:39am.

Edit: According to my computer clock it is 6:53am, but the board is convinced I've just made a post so I have to edit my findings into this post.

What's even more peculiar is, with the mod control panel, it is listing several members with "last updated" times earlier than their "log in" times. For example:

Zaleria
Last updated: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:54 am

Plus, no matter how much I refresh, my "last updated" time remains "Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:26 am" (possibly because that is still an hour and a half in my future - I can't believe I just said that) but, my location via the "Who is Online" link appears to be stuck on "Explorations and Raids"

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."

Last edited by Elc on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on GMT-7, the way it should be, but the the index says it is 9:39 when it should be 7:03.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, the index says 4:28pm but my time is 2:10pm. I'm on straight GMT.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same as Decado with me.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is truly odd, and it seems to be constantly changing too. I shall give a report as much as my memory serves.

My time region is GMT +7. At around 6 pm of my timezone, the Index was around 10 pm. Then, when I logged again at 7, it became normal again. Now the Index shows 10.54 pm while infact it is still 9.15 pm in my timezone.

[EDIT]: When I began writing this post, my Index was still 10.54, now it is 11.38! I am sure that it did not take more than half an hour to make this post.

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems like this error has interfered with the post flooding guard, making everybody unable to post. I just removed the post flooding guard, so people should be able to post again for the time being. This issue was likely caused by the server maintenance yesterday. I've already contacted Calculus about this (like an hour ago)
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I tried to edit my last post and kept getting a message so I deleted it in hope of re-posting it but it wouldn’t let me…

I don't mind the new posts not showing that much but the post mix up make things very confusing...
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably have noticed already...but it's effecting normal posting as well....for a sec there I was getting that 'You're posting too soon try again later' (or however it goes) error message as well...even though I waited 10 to 20 minutes....o.0

this sorta...sounds like the internal clock of the forum/server is broken or something

in terms of the time...I think by default I normally have the forum time set one hour faster then my actual time but right now it's sorta...jumping all over the place...

*crosses fingers in hopes that this post goes through*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah that is what is happening! I was wondering why my posts were jumping around in threads.

I am bang on GMT ( 14:30 ) but my last post before this shows "Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:42 pm"

This actually stopped me from editing/posting anything for a few hours.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's screwed up for me, too. It's 9am my time but it says it's 10am here. I'm on GMT - 6 so about an hour off; I'll determine the exact amount after I post this.

For future reference, the time is now 9:31am as I am hitting post. :*laugh*:

Edit: An hour and 7minutes ahead for me. Also, I'm posting AFTER Uji, but my post is now BEFORE his, and under Iskas' post!

Edit the second: Also, I don't think people are getting logged out of who's online. There are people there who last moved at an hour ago, and the forums awful quiet for having 40 people on it.

Edit the third: The time seems to vary. I just posted a message in Gaien that was only a little over 10 minutes ahead. And in who's online, I seem frozen in the community section, despite having posted and currently reading elsewhere and having done so for a long while. 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I must be traveling back and forth through time because my posts are ending up in the middle of topics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: