Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Thomas Tenkai star yet not leader?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought PErcival said something along the lines on You father has disowned you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Puu

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
I thought PErcival said something along the lines on You father has disowned you

It was... Percival said it was Thomas' father who ordered they leave Budehuc, right? And basically, meaning, his father cared little for him...
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think mumbay is right. I seem to remember Percival saying something like "Your father says you are no longer his son. I'm sorry."
Puu

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
I think mumbay is right. I seem to remember Percival saying something like "Your father says you are no longer his son. I'm sorry."

:o I need to hurry and get to that part. I'm replaying it :)

That certainly makes things worse then :( *huggles Thomas* D;
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When they're estranged anyway, I don't think he can disown him like that. Maybe my Suikoden III memory is dead and I have to go through it again...
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all know we keep refering to Thomas as an inpirational leader. That he inspires people to do what the right thing is. However i do not understand how he was capable of doing that. He just came in to Buhedec Castle one day and stated that he is the new master. Yes, of course the whole scene with Hugo is considered to be inspiring but i do see little else, to me anyway, that makes him seem inspiring. I would understand some of the people's loyalty to him however. I consider that he got Martha more customers even when she was a rut for her business. He changed Juan once he saw that he was not going to leave. Piccolo, however is the one i do not seem to understand how is he so loyal toward Thomas. I do not understand this. And if this part of my post must be put into another forum please let me know.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the last posts. Thomas shouldn't get the true fire and true wind rune. It just doesn't fit his personality.It would be just weird. Its like putting a kid with all the cool people namely Geddoe, Chris, Hugo, Sasarai, and Luc. No offense to the Thomas fans here but he is isn't exactly the dashing or calm type. He's more of the lucky clueless kid who for some reason was able to solve the problems by using his heart.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't think Thomas doesn't deserve the true runes just because his personality doesn't match the previous true rune owners, or his personality is not fitting for a true rune. To be honest, it doesn't make much sense to me. Lazlo's personality wasn't really that much similar to Steele's, to Brandeau's or to any other person who possessed the Rune of Punishment. Tir McDohl wasn't really that deadly or lively but he was a good owner of the Soul Eater.

I personally think that a character's personality isn't really a matter when it comes to possessing true runes. What matters most is how he uses the true rune, and how he takes up responsibility for possessing the rune.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Rune of Punishment didn't carefully choose bearers did it? It grabbed the nearest person possible after the last bearer died from using it, Lazlo was just lucky to be the tenkai star that forgives his friend for trying to kill him multiple times which put the Rune of Punishment into it's "attonement" phase. :shock:

That sentence seemed very unusual...

Anyway, in short I agree with Dr. Ryusei, most True Runes don't actively seek a certain type of person, they might however work better or not actually kill the bearer if they were more compatible, kind of like a blind date, but with a psycho.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
He just came in to Buhedec Castle one day and stated that he is the new master.
Well he may have gained his power of position due to his father at first, however he gave it his all and showed some great character, gained everyone's respect etc, that's what a great leader does. He definately earned his position later on, any one of the inhabitants of the castle would lay their life down for Thomas.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Well, I don't think Thomas doesn't deserve the true runes just because his personality doesn't match the previous true rune owners, or his personality is not fitting for a true rune. To be honest, it doesn't make much sense to me. I personally think that a character's personality isn't really a matter when it comes to possessing true runes. What matters most is how he uses the true rune, and how he takes up responsibility for possessing the rune.
Having siad all that, I don't believe Thomas had quite the aspirations of fighting. He was a leader in a different sense, in a more civilized manner. I think when other say it dones't fit his personaly they mean, he doesn't really have the will to become the rune holder, nor really the abilities intrinsically. I don't think that would be really an aspiration of Thomas, he his main goal was to provide a safe environment for the land he loved.

Tir was raised a General's son, he grew up around wars and trained and things of that nature. His personality leaned more towards warfare and what not, it was in his genes and his upbringing. Of course he sort of had the luxury (or curse) of having Ted as a friend in his acquisition of the Rune. Thomas wasn't really in a position to becoming a rune holder in the first place.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Thomas was more like a leader in our modern times. He works more on economy and commers. Maybe suikoden has decided to let the technology of Suikoden move on but that would be boring. Well, their territory is neutral so you can't blame him. I bet they would barely experience any wars. Who would want to attack a neutral territory with basically nothing?
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FabledHero wrote:
Thomas wasn't really in a position to becoming a rune holder in the first place.

And so did others who held true runes. Whoever imagined a normal Karayan boy like Hugo would gain possession of a true rune? Or who would've thought a sissy like Lazlo would get to own one of the most dangerous true runes? None of them were really in a position to becoming a true rune bearer when they still were just some normal person living in the earth. It wasn't in their intention to bear a true rune. They were fated to become one. Bottom line: nobody was ever in a position to be a true rune bearer. It was their destiny to become one, and they weren't raised to become true rune bearers.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
FabledHero wrote:
Thomas wasn't really in a position to becoming a rune holder in the first place.

And so did others who held true runes. Whoever imagined a normal Karayan boy like Hugo would gain possession of a true rune? Or who would've thought a sissy like Lazlo would get to own one of the most dangerous true runes? None of them were really in a position to becoming a true rune bearer when they still were just some normal person living in the earth. It wasn't in their intention to bear a true rune. They were fated to become one. Bottom line: nobody was ever in a position to be a true rune bearer. It was their destiny to become one, and they weren't raised to become true rune bearers.

I personally would have said Geddoe as mercenary was less likely to have a True Rune than the son of a village chief or the heir of a kingdom... But I agree in general.

The Fool
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
FabledHero wrote:

Like i said Thomas was never in a position to acquire the rune. I don't recall him being in any situations where he thrust himself near runes or true runes for that matter. Hugo was put in these positions, and he had aspirations to become a great warrior.

I mean so you think Thomas was in just as good of a position to get the rune of punishment as Brandeau was? I don't see how he would board a ship, fight pirate enemies and get the rune of punishment, unlike Hugo he has no motive to obtain a true rune, his aspirations don't require such power. It just wasn't in the cards for Thomas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: