Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nagarea and Falena Earthquake
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Nagarea and Falena Earthquake Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any idea how the earthquake came to be(( another topic led me to ask this question))
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This wikipedia entry explains how Earthquakes happen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake

We can't rule out that the earthquake happened naturally. I mean, there's no evidence to think of the contrarary.

The other possibility is the use of the True Earth Rune, but that rune has been in the possession of Harmonia for a very long time -- definitely longer than the earthquate that happened 10 years ago from Suikoden V's timeline (or was it 40 years?).
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps it could have been someother rune Since you brought it up. And since you bring up Magic. That makes me think of some extremely powerful wizards doing a battle like Crowly and Mazus
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it was a delayed effect from the use of the Sun rune on the continent?
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But wouldn't that be to long of an affect. Didn't this happen before the lordlake incident and 100's of years after the destruction of Ancient Armes
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No it happened long after Old Armes, as it happened when Falena and Nagarea were established.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess would be most likely natural causes, as we've heard nothing to the contrary. The Sun Rune isn't mentioned being used then (and you think it would be if it was, something about Falena's vanquishing the Nagarean threat), and Harmonia has the True Earth Rune but does not seem to intercede in the southern continent as openly as they do in the north - hence undercover agents like Cathari, not the actual armies marching into Highland, Jowston and the Grassland.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theres also the fact that it'd be hard to move a full Harmonian division to the Southern continent in comparison to the Northern.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I have the info. The earthquake happened in the year 376, so that's like 80 years before Suikoden V's plot.

It's described as a massive earthquake that destroyed a mountain, making it impossible to travel between Nagarea and Falena. The strange thing is that Suronix and Gordias, located close by, was unharmed-- it was a "strange earthquake."

This comes from the Japanese Suikoden V official guide.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like something out of the ordinary caused it then. It'll be revealed to us in Suikoden VI. :mrgreen:
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Sounds like something out of the ordinary caused it then. It'll be revealed to us in Suikoden VI.

At least you didn't say Katana did it.

I think the Earthquake can be attributied to natural causes, i don't see how the Sun rune can cause an earthquake, plus the True Earth rune was most probably in Harmonia at this time in Suiko-history.

The only other scenario i can think of is that there was some form of Sindar device that made the mountain collapse and someone activated it... When i doubt always blame the Sindar.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha! The dwarves did it!

Actually... that wouldn't be too impossible. Wabon had a tunnel all the way to wassaname Forest, maybe the dwarves were testing a nuclear bomb in an underground facility.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol nuclear bomb? is that techology exist in suiko... ?

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But if it was capable of of going around places undamaging certain parts of falena and most likely not damaging most parts fo nagarea then how would that be natural that is almost saying magic or some unnatural means.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
But if it was capable of of going around places undamaging certain parts of falena and most likely not damaging most parts fo nagarea then how would that be natural that is almost saying magic or some unnatural means.

No, it's not.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: