Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Armes

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: New Armes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has it been figured out how that ever reformed. And where it came from.

The reason i bring this up is because, If Falena, Nagerea, and New Armes made of the Old Armes Kingdom. then how did Falena, Nagerea, and NEw Armes form. Yes, I know about the Sun rune giving birth to the new fertile land but where did the people come from don't you think they would have been killed along with what Old Armes had made. Isn't this where most people originally came from
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. It's not known where "most people" on the southern continent came from I'm afraid, it could be New Armes, it could be Nagarea, with the lack of information it could be the Island Nations!

2. New Armes went through a few reforms, the clans that were aggressive and wanted war lost a lot of power and influence with the failed invasion of Falena and the execution of Maha Sparna. This allowed king Jalat to make New Armes more diplomatic with Falena.

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait i thought Nagarea wasn't part of the Ancient Armes kingdom. And speaking of Nagarea i know this is a bit off topic but how did the giant gap happen again. That was from an earthquake right.

So then how did Nagarea form then
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New Armes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
If Falena, Nagerea, and New Armes made of the Old Armes Kingdom. then how did Falena, Nagerea, and NEw Armes form.

Well this quote from your first post gave me the impression you thought Nagarea was in New Armes, and yes, an earthquake caused the division.

This should really be in the geography forum, moved.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry about putting this in the wrong forum in the begining thought it has to do with some backhistory.

Any idea what caused the Earthquake since we are on the topic of the Earthquake
in Nagarea
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No reason is stated I'm afraid, but lets not get off-topic, if you want to talk about that, make a topic for it. :)
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From Old Book IV, on the Ancient Dynasty:

Quote:
Long, long indeed, even hundred's of years before the arrival of the arrival of the legendary Sindar race, a mighty dynastic nation held power in this land. That nation was the Ancient Armes Dynasty. Blessed by the sun rune the dynasty was prosperous beyond compare. It's vast territory stretched across what is now known as the Queendom of Falena, the New Armes Kingdom and Nagarea. One fateful day, however the King suddenly and inexplicably went insane. His madness caused the sun rune to go berserk, destroying everything in its path. The magnificent Armes Dynasty,the pinnacle of civilization, was gone in an instant. In it's place lay only dry and barren wilderness. Some theorize that the capital of this dynasty was near Amdort Mountain, in the center of the present day Queendom of Falena. However, no trace of the civilization remains. However, it's safe to say that if the sun rune indeed burned all vestiges of the capital to the ground, then there should be no remains to discover. Although the people of the modern day New Armes Kingdom claim to be descendants of the Ancient Armes Dynasty, there is no proof that they have any racial or cultural relationship to the dynasty whatsoever. The New Armes Kingdom's claims are likely just nationalistic propaganda, aimed at building itself up into a nation as great as the Ancient Armes Dynasty once was. Since most people now identify the name "Armes" with New Armes Kingdom, the true Ancient Armes Dynasty is usually just referred to as "the Ancient Dynasty" or "the Ancient Nation."

From Old Book VI, on the Sindar:

Quote:
Long ago, a mysterious people we know today as the Sindar dwelled in the land of Falena. Their civilization was far more technologically advanced than ours is today. Scholars says, however, that the Sindar left this land for reasons unknown, never to return. The Sindar race left behind many things to convince us of their existence. For example, the ruins in the deep twilight forest were built with technology that far surpasses anything we have now. No expert doubts that this was a dwelling of the Sindar race. Some theorize, however, that the ultimate legacy of the Sindar race lies not only in ruins such as those in the deep twilight forest. Indeed perhaps the legacy of the Sindar race is this very land itself, Falena. Those theorists contend that after the land was reduced to ashes with the extinction of the Ancient Armes Dynasty, the Sindar race mysteriously appeared, managing to return the rich, green lushes to this beloved land. Nobody knows why the Sindar disappeared, but some scholars insist that this race has not yet gone extinct. These scholars say that the first Queen of legend, who descended to Lunas with the sun rune in hand, was actually from the Sindar race. This theory may seem like mere speculations. However, one can indeed find many similarities between the seal statue of the sun rune and Ancient Sindar relics. More proof of this intriguing theory is now being sought out by our best and brightest scholars.

Obviously, according to these texts, pretty much the entire continent belonged to the Ancient Armes Dynasty. The Sun rune went crazy, everybody died, and the land lay in ruins. Then the Sindar arrived, restored the land to its former glory, and vanished. The Sindar in this time most likely were in possession of the Sun Rune, seeing as the ruins created by them used the Twilight and Dawn runes as keys.

There is no set timeline when it comes to the Sindar, as the creators of Suikoden have seen fit to make them as mysterious as possible. However, I do seem to remember a mention that this Ancient Armes Dynasty was thousands of years old (which, of course, doesn't fall in line with what Luc said in Suikoden III). In Suikoden as in the real world, civilizations rise and fall. "Thousands" of years is plenty of time for old nations to die and new ones to be born. When the Sindar restored the region and left, the most likely answer to your question is that the continent was inhabited by people that already lived there, and people who would have migrated from other parts of the world. Rome started out merely as a small village in Italy that grew into an empire. It isn't a stretch to think that the same thing happened with New Armes, Falena, and Nagarea after the Sindar disappeared.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And thus this states that Ancient Armes is even older then the Ancient sinder. I would of thought the ancient Sindar would be the most Ancient thing there is however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: