Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Preemptive information on phase 15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Preemptive information on phase 15 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, phase 15 will likely start some time around March 1st. I'd like to let you guys know some things in advance because there will be a number of changes (some of them major) to "fix" the current nation system.

1) Phase PP bonus: If you get your DOI in to me within 24 hours from when phase start is announced, you can have 3 bonus PP. These can be used in the same phase (in that case, just make a DOI with 3 additional PP and submit it within 24 hours) or you can keep it and use it the next phase (but not beyond that).

2) Naval Rules Fix: Currently, there are some undefined situations concerning naval battles. We will be clarifying these points from phase 15.

3) Naval Routes Change: There's currently an issue with some ports sharing the same naval region. This becomes complicated when the two port regions are occupied by different nations -- there's no method to accurately judge which nation gets maritime superiority over that naval region. For this reason, I will make a major modification to the map to add small "maritime superiority zones" right next to each port region. These will act as maritime superiority zones for each port, but they won't individually be considered as a naval region (which just means that they won't have any names.

This change will affect a number of things-- there will be more naval zones on the map, and things will seem unfair. However, currently waged naval battles will be judged under the old rule until phase 16. After that everything will be under the new rule.

Also, the addition of the Dukedom of Gaien will cause numerous changes to current naval routes. There's really nothing I can say about this other than that I will try to be as fair as I can with the new naval routes, but being 100% fair is impossible. In those cases, I'll likely compensate in other ways.

That's all that you guys need to be made aware of at this point.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about these Nation Point things here? I didn't feel it was necessary to start a whole new topic which is why I posted this here. But so far, Vex and I are the only ones with them....which is...odd. What insight will you give us Vextor (and or Axiose)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nation Points are a new type of currency which can be handed out by any moderator. They have no coded board function, but are intended to be an easy way for nation leaders and national moderators to hand out rewards for excellence or contribution within their nations.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, thank you Parallax. My curiousity has been sated...but for how long?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are there rules set for moderators to not just give them away to favorite members and active posters? It's a great new addition but I can almost predict that unless there's certain things keeping a moderator from constantly giving a select few the points then people will complain favoritism.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesnt affect anything either way, so it would be pointless for them to do that. Plus, if they had that mindset, I doubt they would have become mods in the first place.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no such rules in place Tull, but I imagine most of the nation leaders are going to keep a handle on things to make sure things like that don't happen.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Are there rules set for moderators to not just give them away to favorite members and active posters? It's a great new addition but I can almost predict that unless there's certain things keeping a moderator from constantly giving a select few the points then people will complain favoritism.

You just have to accept that Nation Points have no international significance at all - each nation has basically its own "honor currency"; only the restrictions of the money mod prevent us from calling them "Highland Points" or "Tinto Points" etc.

All moderators only award Nation Points to members of their own nation - your own amount of Nation Points is only in relation to your nation mates, not to foreigners. So even though the flippancy level of the whole Nation Point honor system may differ widely between the nations, it won't affect the relative worth of your own Nation Points.

Each instance of "favoritism" that might occur is thus at least contained to one single nation.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fairly certain they act like national currency. I posted something similar in the cash thread, but basically Nation Points were created since probably most nations have their own currency they use to reward their members. Like Zexen has Zexen Points which you can get from participating in games in the nation, and then you can spend them at the shops in our nation.

So really there's nothing abusable about them really, since they're only really useful within your own nation.

Edit: Yes, it took me a whole ten minutes to type that up. I didn't see Iscalio's post.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moderators are going to be more motivated to spread out nation points encouraging as many members of their own nation as they can to participate more, giving them all to "favorite members" would have negative effects.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i would Think tihs would definently encourage people to be more active in the posting in Nations if they would like any Nation Points. Probably will have some important for people later on for those who earn them. Probably gonna end up like 1 nation point equals so many soldiers or a regiment statistic probably.

And i would like to make a suggesting why don't you have the nation points be recommended to all the moderators in the nation.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I guess the answers seem to make much more sense now to me. Let the points giveaway commence.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There could be other added uses for nation points, you know, aside from being an "honor currency". You may use it for domestic purposes in your country like games and the sort. It's up to the moderator's plans though...

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

are we ever going to be able to kidnap civilians for our own cities? or no?
I'm just wondering.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: