Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II- Clive's side quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap!!! Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it all to hell!!! I am so outraged. So I replay Suikoden II again, and proceeded through, telling myself that I'm finishing the Clive quest and at the same time, get Riou and all characters (including Nanami, sans Genshu) to Level 99. I maximized Riou's speed too. I spent countless hours resetting the game just to get +4 (3-19) and +3 (20-31) in speed, then I forget to do the quest itself!!! My game's on 12:50:55 already, and tried Matilda, but I realize that you have to get the scene there the first time you get there. I am pissed, and disappointed at myself!!!

Edited: I just realized that I may have missed the scene at Forest Village since like I said, I was rushing through it. The guide that sybillious posted says the limit for the Forest Village scene is 13 hours, and I'm barely there, so I hope I get there on time, and maybe get the scene at Matilda too. I'll check back later to see if I can still get this.

Edited part 2: I was able to get to Matilda, using the "Matilda Trick" after defeating Luca Blight and before talking to Jowy at Muse. Thank God!!! I finished the quest eventually at 17-something hours. Whew... but Riou's only Level 92... might have to work on that a bit.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i completed suikoden 2 8 times and every times with almost everything
the last time i finished it it was under 19 hours and i of course finished clive side story it is easy and i'm getting used to it .
well what i get in playing :
1- the 108 stars of destiny all of them
2- all items like old books , recipes,plans for the guardian and others
and i take my time playing the game i go almost everywhere to level up(matilda glitsh) i think it is the only place because after that you are very powerful
so suikoden players clive story is the easiest thing you can do
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have beaten the Suikoden games 10 times, 6 for Suikoden III, 3 for Suikoden and 1 for Suikoden IV. In other words, I have never fully beaten Suikoden II. I have to face Beast Rune (current file) and I have all 108 Stars of Destiny, but my timing is a black hole of suck. I have never once gotten the sidequest completed and I have even missed getting Clive twice. Is the game that is glitched or is it me?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless you're trying to complete clive's quest don't expect your time to be under 20 hours. As to getting Clive, I'm pretty sure he can only be got for a limited time and to be safe you should recruit him as soon as you get a boat. So in answer to your question, it is you who is glitched :P
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the responce. I as really wondering there for quite some time!
Progress is being made and soon the main course will be served.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no limit to getting Clive in South Window. However, he can be easily missed because some people forget to trigger the scene with Elza at Muse. I think that's where your problem lied. Once you miss him there, you won't be able to see him in South Window at all.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he disappeared once you reach a certain point in the game, but I could very well be wrong. You MUST trigger the scene with Elza in Muse though Highwind is definitley right about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: