Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II- Clive's side quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It lets you give your last HP away? Wonder if that was intention. Seems... odd :) Whewre do you find the Rune, btw?
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's not that hard to finish the quest clive without having the game completed at 100% . Well, i don't really know what you mean by 100% but :

With All Recipes :
- the only one you can't get afterwards is the one Huan is giving you in Muse after you recrut Tuta.

with all part for the deity :
- the only ones you can miss are those in Rakutei . There're one dragon, one unicorn, and eagleman drops one turtle.
oh and another turtle is dropped by ragged one, before the liberation of greenhill.

Once you've done that, just skip everything by mashing X, go as bed as soon as you can . . . You can even use Stallion (i noticed a very high battle frequency in Rakutei, and it takes time to be sure that you haven't forgot anything) .

If my memory isn't going wrong, i could, with the use of skipping as many items as possible, and running away many times with Stallion, finish the quest at approximately 11:30 .
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
It lets you give your last HP away? Wonder if that was intention. Seems... odd :) Whewre do you find the Rune, btw?

It doesn't give your last HP away as the intention, it's used to give 30% of your max. HP to heal your allies. So if you have 1 HP left, then the 30% of max. HP would be more than 1 HP, and you'd be KO'ed.

You can get Sylph Rune from the Pink Bird in Rockaxe area before the liberation. I usually got it by accident. So I think it's not really rare. I only use it on a character that I want to use the Kindness Rune Trick on just to easily trigger it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I imagine it would take some time ensuring he's dead in every battle too. Unless you had a Firefly Rune, and I don't honestly remember if they existed in that game.

*cough* Fire Lizard *cough*

Firefly Rune does exist, but I've never gotten one in my million playthroughs. I've gotten the Slyph though and given it to Viktor, but I'm not sure how it works anymore.

Now, I'm going to start another new game. This time, shooting for BOTH Riou and Nanami to Level 99. There's only one Fire Lizard Rune in the game so that'll be hard to manage. I'll be looking forward to the challenge, but I have to research the Eye Flowers first.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh duh! I only now remember what Fire Lizard does, which is why I couldn't understand the hint you gave earlier >.< Aren't there two, actually? Doesn't... uhm, that annoying, conceited guy whose name I forget... doesn't he have one? And don't you find another in the Sindarin Ruins? Or is the annoying guy's Rune unremoveable?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Oh duh! I only now remember what Fire Lizard does, which is why I couldn't understand the hint you gave earlier >.< Aren't there two, actually? Doesn't... uhm, that annoying, conceited guy whose name I forget... doesn't he have one? And don't you find another in the Sindarin Ruins? Or is the annoying guy's Rune unremoveable?

You're talking about Zamza, right? He has the Fire Dragon Rune, which is a unique special rune so it's unremovable. The Fire Lizard Rune can be found in the Sindar Ruins. It's actually good you get that early so you can keep Riou dead from that point. You can keep Riou at Level 2 thanks to that thing. Of course, I haven't tried it yet, but it's possible.

You can also get Fire Lizard Runes from the Salamander in the Sindar Ruins. You have to get one before facing the twin snake, because the enemies disappear after defeating that thing. I never got more than one Fire Lizard Rune since I was shooting for Clive's quest, but it's possible to get more than one to keep BOTH Riou and Nanami down. Time to start a new game and try for this.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let me know what level they need to be under in order to get them both to level 99 and still do the Clive's quest. See, the problem is, I'm usually level ~35 by the time I tackle the Sindar Ruins ^_^
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
Firefly Rune does exist, but I've never gotten one in my million playthroughs. I've gotten the Slyph though and given it to Viktor, but I'm not sure how it works anymore.

AirLizards drop the firefly rune, and you don't really encounter many of them so people generally miss it.

As far as what Slyph runes do, they decrease HP by 1/3 and inflicts 1/3 of that on your whole party.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never gotten the Fire Lizard Rune, what exactly does it do??
*runs off to find some info*
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
I never gotten the Fire Lizard Rune, what exactly does it do??
*runs off to find some info*

It increases damage by 1.5 and damage taken by fire attacks is halved. It is a weapon rune. It damages you everytime you attack however.

Gosh I'm so full of useless information...

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A nice trick I figured out with the Fire Lizard Rune is to also have a Fire Sealing Rune on the same character who has the FLR. I did this with Tsai on my last playthrough, and after the FSR was on him, he didn't receive any damage from the FLR while remaining a strong character. This time I hope to do this for Viktor, Humphrey or other powerhouses.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, the fire lizard, while used on a weapon, is quite useless, since you have to have the fire sealing runes to prevent damages (i remember a crit with oulan using the fire lizard without fire sealing, i did like 1800 degs and took 900 . instant kill, thanks to the do re mi elf)

like TheNeclord said, it does 1,5x dmg. so do the Rage and Thunder runes. without causing you any damage back.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But then that spoils the purpose of using it to kill yourself, doesn't it? :)
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, *Fire Lizard is the best way to kill off your character. Believe me, it makes things so much easier. When I first aimed for a Level 99 Riou, I had to make it a point to put two females in front and equip them with Blue Ribbons so that they'll only attack Riou and even then, it's pretty hard cause Riou has above average speed so he dodges attacks often. It was especially harder to keep him down during the Two River chapter where you have to fight those Highland soldiers. It took me more than five turns to kill him off. It makes so much a difference with *Fire Lizard, cause it took only two turns for him to fall.

I feel so cruel discussing how to kill off Riou.

By the way, Harukaze, I just found out that the highest possible experience gain is indeed 60000. Fighting the Eye Flowers alone at Level 30 below nets you 60000 experience points, and fighting it at Level 31 gives you 58200 experience points. Naturally, doing it at Level 32 will give you a lower amount of experience points. I don't have the number, but I'm pretty sure you'll end up with a lower level than doing it at Level 30 or 31.

Basically, the highest level you can get to from fighting 6 Eye Flowers without a Fortune Rune is Level 90, which in my opinion is enough since you fight so many battles from that period to L'Renouille that you'll end up at Level 99 anyway. What I'm going to do in my next playthrough is get Riou to Level 90 and have him beat the Bone Dragon alone. The Bone Dragon is weak to wind element, and unfortunately it's one of the elements Nanami backfires with at times, so it would be risky to use her. After getting Jude, I plan to get Nanami to Level 99. Now, as for Genshu.... we'll work on that later.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149, Killey and Sheena are power houses! If you like getting your characters up to level 99 and what not id recommend having at least one of those guys in your party with;

Level 99
Level 16 weapon
Best armour and accessories
Fury Rune
Double Strike Rune
Double Beat Rune

If i remember correctly i only had the Fury Rune and Double Strike Rune on them both and they deal out some serious damage!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: