Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Leknaat's location
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is said! Right in the beginning. I just booted up my game and am looking at it right now.

Kraze: "By the way, Leknaat the Seer, is the younger sister of Court Magician Windy, so you better behave yourself"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would have thought she would have moved since Hellion probably would make it possible for other people to travel to Magician Isle and not by the usual means Leknaat made it posible
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
It said that in the game??? Wowzorz!! That's bizarre though... because then Windy'd go ahead and kill Leknaat. And stuff I read won't make sense either....

There's also a maid outside the Palace that says "If Lady Windy and Lady Leknaat are sisters, why don't they live together? Maybe they don't get along."

So it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident but rather common knowledge in Gregminster.
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

But it's mentioned that Tir and company should be respectful to Windy's sister, Leknaat. It seems to be public knowledge who Leknaat is.

Indeed it is. I think part of that is because at the time they didn't know how powerful Leknaat was going to be in terms of the series, but if I had to make it fit within the storyline, I'd have to do some thinking.

How about this? Leknaat came to Magician's Isle to live and protect herself from Windy. She set up powerful wards (mentioned in the series) and lived there for a good while. In a superstitious country, what better position for her to take than Court Astrologer? Those Astrological Conclusions could shape everything from alliances to policy. And hiding right under Windy's nose might be the best place to hide. Or she might not have been hiding. If both women have halves of the Gate Rune, it would seem that they might know where each other was at all times. So maybe there's no use in hiding.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I think I figured that part out now. Windy wasnt necessarily in Scarlet Moon for long, and couldnt realistically attack Leknaat in that time period without it interfering with her plans to get the Soul Eater.

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

However, back to the original topic, what I was wondering was whether Leknaat is on this plane at all. Her half of the gate rune in Suikoden 1 was able to send back the myriads of creatures Windy summoned. Could it not also be used to transport her to another plane herself?

I dont think she would be on another plane, unless she did not intend on ever comming back. It is true her rune could help her leave this plane, but if she then used it to leave that plane and come back to this one it would make the other half of the rune useless, since she could leave and come back all with the one piece. So it is not likely she could come back without the other half of the gate rune, and I guess it is possible she got it from windy, but we dont know that.

Also isnt it kind of obvious, to people in the game at least, where she would be if she always leave one tower to go to another?

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dont think she would be on another plane, unless she did not intend on ever comming back. It is true her rune could help her leave this plane, but if she then used it to leave that plane and come back to this one it would make the other half of the rune useless, since she could leave and come back all with the one piece. So it is not likely she could come back without the other half of the gate rune, and I guess it is possible she got it from windy, but we dont know that.

My own theory is that she has not only that, but the Sovreign, Beast, and True Wind runes as well.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What exactly is the function of the gate rune front/back. Does one part summon monsters, and the 2nd send them back? If that's the case then it's understandable that they could live in such close proximity w/ out confrontation. If Windy was so dead set on aquiring the other half of her rune, I'm sure she'd have tried multiple times before then to do so. These confrontations probably ended in stale-mates, each of the others powers negating the effect of the others. They're both competent spell-casters as well, probably on the same level - Leeknat could even be stronger. Who knows. Does it even state that Windy wanted the other half from Leeknat? It does state that they split the rune to keep it safe and out of Harmonias hands, perhaps they knew the presence of the other and just didn't care because they had no interest in aquiring the 2nd half.

lets assume though that Windy did want it, and that she knew Leeknat had it and where she was but didn't have the ability to aquire it. What would she do? Well, whynot come and live in the country where her sister is, establish herself within the kingdom and live comfortibly. Then she would have the physical power to turn a nation on Leeknat and attempt to take back the rune that way. if that wouldn't work, well...we know that she's dead-set on aquiring two true runes to enhance her power. Perhaps her reasons behind this are to beef up her magic strength to put herself on par/much stronger than her sister. Thus giving her the strength to finally beat her and take the rune back for her own.

As for Harmonia hunting these two down, well...that's an excellent point, and I dont know why the hell harmonia didn't track the two of them down and just take the ruines for themselves. Who knows.

Or it could just be an inconsistency in the story because they didn't plan on making any sequals and wanted to wrap the whole story up in one sitting without having to bother with indepth explanations for everything (as made evidence w/ the inclusion of humans, elves, dwarves, dragons, kobolds, warriors village, ninja's, and knights all in one game)

I hate you Onimaru.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Or it could just be an inconsistency in the story because they didn't plan on making any sequals and wanted to wrap the whole story up in one sitting without having to bother with indepth explanations for everything (as made evidence w/ the inclusion of humans, elves, dwarves, dragons, kobolds, warriors village, ninja's, and knights all in one game)

I'd doubt that, as they had the 27 true runes thing from the beginning, and the game didnt seel enough to warrant an unplanned sequel.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

I'd doubt that, as they had the 27 true runes thing from the beginning, and the game didnt seel enough to warrant an unplanned sequel.

Really??? I definatly got the feeling that S1 was planned to be a one time thing. That's why they tried to cram so much into one game, and really - no body else felt that s1 was kind of cramped? In videogames alot of backstory and history goes into the storytelling to give the players a sense of history and depth, even if it isn't represented or covered in that single sitting. It's just a method used to make the fantasy world seem more "real", it doesnt nessesarily mean that they intended to elaborate on the 27 true runes and their whereabouts. Look at other one hit wonders of the RPG series. Kartia, Hoshigami, Thousand Arms, Beyond the Beyond...and even the indvidual final fantasy games; each loaded with it's own individual backstory, history, places we'll never visit and characters we'll never meet. All to give players a sense of interacting in world, it's like tagging senseless dialog onto genericNPC#8, it's to create an illusion.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The series was supposed to be 5 games long from the start, and considering how little we know now that we ARE at #5, it shouldnt be surprising that the first game was cramped. Better than rushing it all in the end.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kraze mentions that Leknaat is Court Magician Windy's sister, so I assume that Windy knew that Leknaat was on Magician's Island. That must have mean her protective barriers, more likely from her half of the rune protected her. Which half did she have again? It wasnt the front was it?

I used to think that if Leknaat had the Front and Windy the Back, that Windy could never get her as she technically had the "Exit" while Leknaat had the "Entrance". It would explain Windy's power to summon monsters and Leknaats ability to make them disappear.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dont know why the hell harmonia didn't track the two of them down and just take the ruines for themselves. Who knows.

They might've forgotten about them, or gotten busy with other things. After all, they split the Rune a long time ago. Do we even know how long ago it was that it happened?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare wrote:
They might've forgotten about them, or gotten busy with other things. After all, they split the Rune a long time ago. Do we even know how long ago it was that it happened?

385 years by the start of Suikoden I.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
The series was supposed to be 5 games long from the start, and considering how little we know now that we ARE at #5, it shouldnt be surprising that the first game was cramped. Better than rushing it all in the end.

I'm curious as to where this was ever mentioned. I've never heard anything about the game only being planned to be 5 installments long.

Anyways, as to the topic at hand, how tough would it have been for anyone to get out to Leknaat's? I mean, you get out to the Magician's Island just by flying on a dragon after all. Granted, you likely needed Luc to transport you past the magical barriers, but he was hardly the world's most powerful magician, so surely others would be able to do the same as well. The only way I can see Leknaat's tower being a secret is if it wasn't actually on Magician's Island, but was in some place between dimensions. She did have the Gate Rune, after all, so opening a door to a different dimension shouldn't have been too difficult a task.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: