Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

E10+ makes a debuet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I like quite a few of the other posters on the forum am old enough that I can pretty much go out and buy any game that I want so long as of course I have the money to buy it. So really the whole rating system for those of us over the age of eighteen or twenty one im not sure what entails the M rating and what age you have to be, is quite meaningless to those of us that dont have game playing children. I dont have any children and really have no plans at all to have any children any time soon as I dont even have a girlfriend at the moment. Anyways yeah I have always found the whole rating system to be pointless considering it has never stopped me from buying any game that I wanted. I have always been able to pass for someone older anyway so even if it had been around at the time that it might have had some effect on my game buying capabilities. So either way yeah it kind of sucks for the kids who rely on their parents buying them games and said parents are way overprotective and they lose out on possibly great games due to a rating.

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, who has been carded when buying a game? I was once. When I was 18 I bought the adventure game "The Longest Journy". I later found out it wasn't very good, but the interesting thing was I had to show the guy at Game Stop my ID. I thought the whole thing was incredibly silly since the Longest Journy features pretty much no violnce whatsoever. It's an adventure game for crying out loud! Well, who knows why it got the 'M' rating but if I hadn't been 18 and had ID, the ESRB rating system would have been quite counter-productive that day.

Out of the few times I've bought cigarettes (for friends) I've never been carded, but I guess cigarettes aren't as dangerious as adventure games.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^^

Yes, it's funny that you mention that. I was also 18 when I bought Devil May Cry and it was the only time I've ever gotten carded for a game. It's really weird with people IDing all the time now. I'm 21 and every time I get Liquor and most times I get Cigarettes I get asked for my ID. When I was 15 I was buying liquor at this old Ma & Pa convenience store, and people have always told me that I look and sound alot older than I am.

Honestly though, I can undestand asking kids under 13 for their ID. Once a kid enters his teens he already knows the difference between a game and society and won't go 'on a killing rampage' like some senators have said in the past. This rating wasn't really necessary though, since most 'E' stuff is pretty tame, anyways (Super Spash Brothers: Melee is rated T, for the love of god).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: