Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Katamari Damacy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Katamari Damacy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised no one's done a thread on this game. Anyways, what is everyone's opinion on Katamari Damacy? Are you looking forward to the supposed sequal?(there's even supposed to be an underwater level.) All in all, what do you think?

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes and yes; the first one is fun-a nice break from all the other games out there currently. i will buy the sequel when it comes out, rumored to be sometime later this year.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Katamari Damacy = The best 20.00 I have ever spent in my entire life.

It is ridiculously fun running around and picking crap up.

I kinda suck at the game though. I need to play each level at least twice to be able to beat it. Stupid time limits. x_x

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everybody loves Katamari Damacy, myself included. I'd have given it game of the year.

Groundbreaking soundtrack too. CAN NOT WAIT FOR SEQUEL!

...but I suppose I must.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard a lot about this game, but I've never played it...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you can, rent it and try it for yourself, lunar; i think you'll find it a refreshing change from the gaming norm. there's no button mashing or complicated systems to learn, just your analog sticks.

the graphics are great; it looks like cut paper was used to create everything-clean without the overdoneness most games have. its simplicity is part of the draw, not just appearance and gameplay wise, but the music is also very catchy.

in lieu of renting, it's only $20; not a huge expense, considering what some games are going for these days.

in this, it's just you, the katamari and assorted junk; what could be better? :mrgreen:

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG, I think the makers of that game were seriously on something when they made this... Of course, Namco could've just gone and made the English translation really nonsensical for no apparent reason, as well... I've never played it, but I can say that I wanted to put my best friend's head through my TV thanks to that "na na na na" theme that kept repeating over and over and over...

*Thoughts of Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber...*

I'm being silly folks. On a serious note, it WAS a really neat concept for a game, and I laughed quite a bit when my best friend was picking up dogs, people, and cats that kept meowing... How the heck did that tiny little dude move all that junk?! I dunno, like I said I didn't play it at all, but I did think that it was neat concept. Just not really my thing, and I don't exactly have loads of time... My Suikoden IV copy is still in the shrinkwrap, and that in itself says loads. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh god that damn game I can officially say that it drove me insane even though I played it for all of maybe I do mean maybe five minutes which frankly was long enough in of itself. The other thing that I notice is what on gods green earth is with this rediculous storyline that any child over the age of eight wouldnt buy into.

The king killed the stars or some garbage like that heck I didnt even bother to notice someone else told me. On top of all of this the game is for the playstation two and it is seemingly aimed towards a younger audience with it's rediculousness.

Last time I checked I do believe the Playstation two was geared towards an older audience yet still the game came out for the playstation two and only that system. This game merely adds to the list of games that in my opinion are the garbage heap of the gaming industry. Games like the Yu Gi OH titles, the Pokemon titles and all that comes with said titles, and of course all of the garbage games that have been thrown into the once great Mario series.

The gaming world needs less of these garbage wasteful games and more Harvest Moon games since one game every two or three years is not enough. In my opinion anyway and to me thats the only real opinion that matters.....

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's no worse than the multitudes of racing and sports games; people love those too, but i don't see a point in them.

everyone has their tastes in different things; just because you think it was a 'waste of time' doesn't mean that others do-i'm quite sure that there are games that you rave over that would make others roll their eyes in disgust. keep this in mind; you didn't like it, we get it; don't go spastic over it.

*btw-start separating your posts into ideas using PARAGRAPHS-huge blocks of text, like this post of yours was, are annoying to read. makes me not want to bother with it.*

Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find that rolling a katamari is a good way to relieve stress. You don't need to spaz about strategy or skill to much. Just have fun and roll.

Plus the soundtrack to the game is so light and hearty that I could listen to it for quite some time. My favorite background track so far is the constellation cancer.

"Oh, I feel it. I feel the cosmos..."

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easily the most fun game of the year, and while it was also the most simple game of the year I really, really enjoyed it. ^^ As was said, those who can make running around picking up random crap exciting, and enjoyable really have something to brag about. It's cool, too considering, in theory, you could roll up everything if you got big enough. ^^

edity: I found it suprisingly fun to roll up oblivious bystanders who don't even seem to notice an 8 meter ball of stuff rolling around them. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let the police shoot at me all they want, they shall soon be one with the cosmos Mwahahahahaha!

This game rules, I want what ever the creaters of this game were having when they made this! :mrgreen:
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, for $20, you really can't beat the acid trip.

It's not a game that you play for the story, or even the amusement factor. It has just a right amount of setting a goal and exploration, as well as so many silly situations that it's absolutely entertaining. People are (kind of) doing things, and it's great to be able to identify what's going on right before you steamroll over them.

Apparently this game did get a pretty good following in Japan and there's a lot of fan pages about super-secret areas and everything. I should dig up the translated song lyrics a friend of mine wrote up... she did it in something like ten minutes or some ridiculously short amount of time so of course they don't make any sense, but still. It's Katamari Damashi.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well just for the record considering that my post in this thread though strictly my own personal opinion may have been seen as rather harsh about the game and may have been taken offensively by those that like the game. I apologize if any of my comments offended anyone but that is merely how I feel about this particular game and im sticking to my opinion. Aside from that I will leave this thread as such and hope you all enjoy this game regardless of my own personal opinion. I suppose that some people might find this game entertaining for awhile.

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, I don't mind that you don't like the game, but it would be more interesting to see you explain why you didn't like it in more detail as opposed to just saying that it looks like that it is for little kids. Maybe it felt pointless, or the controls sucked, or the graphics were bad, or whatever....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: