Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Joined Date Error
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Joined Date Error Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a pretty strange error, but my joined date has moved two days from the original date that I joined. I originally joined on July 4th 2004. Some time last year, that date moved to July 5th. Now just today that date has moved to July 6th.

Very strange.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very strange, and I have no idea how stuff like that can change. The timestamp basically will not change unless somebody manually changes it... which I havn't.

Anybody have a clue?
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2004 was a leap year?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havn't touched it just incase somebody is wondering.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed their joined date change, or is it just me?

edit: 2004 being a leap year might effect it, because of the fact that the year I joined had 1 more day then the other years, but then wouldn't other people who registered in 2004 experience the same error?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some Highlanders, Blasphemy in particular as I recall, have experienced this as well in the past. Speculation was that it had to do with daylight savings time and switching the viewing time in one's profile, but I don't know if that would cause it at all, and likely wouldn't in this case.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually now I check, mine has moved 2 days from the 28th to the 30th. I recall because I joined on the same day as iscalio a full year later and his remains the 28th of march.

Rules out leap years having anything to do with it!

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mines changed as well, also moving two days from the 25th to the 27th.

*Starts doing the "Timewarp"*
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone who joined in 2006 experienced this problem? I haven't, I dont think. If we don't know what is causing the problem, we should try to figure out who it's effecting first.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's probably something being rounded wrong. Unix date is basically a big number, which is then digested by scripts so it can be reduced into an easier format for us humans to understand.

If the original big number is treated wrong, then we'll get slight variations, and I believe there's a very slight calculation problem that causes a fraction of a difference, which would only be noticable for members who've been around for a very long time.

Well, geting close to the problem, but this isn't anything serious so don't sweat it.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm. I checked my date when this thread popped up, and then again right now. It's jumped from January 4rd to January 8th. I'm guessing that's not a rounding problem, or well I suppose it could be, but it'd be a big jump.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dew Dust's joined date has also moved from January 1st, to January 2nd.

Seems like a much more wide spread error then I thought. ^^

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's sort of funny that since you just posted that your joined date has moved to the 9th Milan. Or maybe it's just me that finds that strangely amusing.

Anyway Vextor is aware of the issue so this is probably enough examples I imagine.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised that people pay attention to their joined date this much.
Anyhow, what I have found out so far is that this isn't a problem that has happened due to suikox or anything. It's part of the original phpbb code.

However, the problem only became noticeable after we have moved to sandwich.net.
This means, there's something different in places beyond my control, such as the HTTP server. May need help from Calculus.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh, I think it's from the timezone that Yahoo's servers were in. If the difference in sandwhich is +- 1, then that would account for the clock skew. That also means the members who have seen one-day shifts probably registered really early or really late, near the 24 hour mark.

As for Milan's large jump, I really have no clue.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: