Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What nonhuman race(s) do you want to dominate in Suikoden VI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Aurelien wrote:
Well the simple answer is that they simply can't fight. All they know is how to swim and stuff. They're never required to fight and therefore, they don't fight.

It's been a couple years since I've gone through Suikoden IV, but if I remember right, the mermaids are shown in a cutscene as part of the last war battle/attack on Fort El Eal. They could have at least been part of the war battles.

Yes, in the same way beavers were in Suikoden V.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see elves to be more involved in the plot in Suikoden VI. I agree that the non-humans don't really have much of their share in the plot except maybe in Suikoden II, where Ridley was a main figure in the plot.

But to be honest, I don't really care much about which non-human race gets a lot of character development and plot involvement in Suikoden VI. As long as they fit in the story pretty well, anything is fine for me. Even beavers.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Aurelien wrote:
Well the simple answer is that they simply can't fight. All they know is how to swim and stuff. They're never required to fight and therefore, they don't fight.

It's been a couple years since I've gone through Suikoden IV, but if I remember right, the mermaids are shown in a cutscene as part of the last war battle/attack on Fort El Eal. They could have at least been part of the war battles.

I can't remember about the cutscene for the last battle, so I'll leave that out. But as far as the war battles, well .. the war battles are either you use Rune Cannons or you fight. If they can't fight, then they're screwed. And to use Rune Cannon, I'd assume that they would have to be somewhat good at either magic or machinery or both. Somehow I don't think that they're that smart. I always get the impression that the mermaids in Suikoden IV aren't really bright. >.<;

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see Kobolds again. Nay or normal variants work for me. Mermaids are cool, but please don't make them do the same stuff. God no. Make each unique in what they do.

Elves? Take a hike. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mermaids!!!(what?![joke])

Actually what I really want is for the elves to take up a better role in the plot. I can't really explain why but I really love elves(in Suikoden anyway).

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally prefer kobolds over every other race. Dwarves would be okay, but they had their role already, Nay-kobolds are embarassing in my opinion, elves are rather boring and seem to be a fantasy-Mr. Spock, mermaids are really boring in every sense and beavers are stranhe creatures, although I liked to fight with them in the real battles, and wingers are mostly creepy persons.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next Suikoden has another new race and this time some bird-like creature, more like the wingers.

The Fool
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I kinda were excited when I heard that there was a hidden Elv village supposed to be in Nal-Island.But I was disappointed when there was only tomboy Selma representing
the elves in the game( Paula still rulez :) )
Anyway also the reputation or power of the dwarves in Suikoden V was kinda lame.
If you differ between the dwarves in SuikoV and the ones in SuikoI the were kinda pitiful.
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the elves are the most interesting non-human race in the Suikoden world, hands down.

A lot of depth has been shown among that race, especially in the first Suikoden.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I can't say that I'd be opposed to a new, useful, relevant demi human race, based on how lousy Nay Kobolds and beavers were, if they can't do better than that, then I'd rather they go back to regular Kobolds. At least they were a useful warrior race, plus they weren't obnoxious. The Nay Kobolds made me want to kill people. The beavers made me want to kill them. Nothing wrong with going back to an established race, don't always have to try and come up with a new and original race after all.

~Uguu!~
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they were to go with animal-like demi-humans again, I really want BADASS ones. Maybe like lion, tiger, wolf, snake, or bear (scary looking ones, not the cute panda-like ones!!). Enough with the cute animals and bring on the badass ones!!

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cannot say how much i loved the duck clan of Suikoden 3 lol. Long live the ducks!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does everyone hate nay-kobolds? Is it because they are rip-offs of normal kobolds? I quite liked them, even if they were all magically confined to one island with the occasional exception (Chiepoo), I generally liked them. They added that kind of spunky young weakling factor that is needed in the Suikoden series (like the beavers in Suikoden V).
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They need Wingers that don't look like bums.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
If they were to go with animal-like demi-humans again, I really want BADASS ones. Maybe like lion, tiger, wolf, snake, or bear (scary looking ones, not the cute panda-like ones!!). Enough with the cute animals and bring on the badass ones!!

I'm thinking half Ocelot half Snake men. They would have a snake face and would spit acid that would ricochet all over the place.

Anyway, I was really fond of Ducks. That Jordi just made me fell in love with them. I haven't been able to eat Duck since Suikoden 3! [/lie]

It's a pity that they aren't a more global race, like the kobold or dwarves. But I'm really fond of their way of life and the amount of wisdom some of their members have. I mean, It's the only race I can remember not being uberly reluctant to talk with your heroe's party, right? They seem open minded to me.

Last edited by Futch on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THey should add Demi human Owls into Suikoden VI that be nice to see. I wonder what kind of weapon they would primary use
rocks maybe?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: