Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What nonhuman race(s) do you want to dominate in Suikoden VI?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: What nonhuman race(s) do you want to dominate in Suikoden VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1 elves were dominant (kinda)
In Suikoden 2 kobolds were dominant
In Suikoden 3 lizards and ducks were dominant
In Suikoden 4 nay kobolds were dominant(kinda)
In Suikoden 5 beavers were dominant (they were annoying and weak)

So which race would you prefer to see in Suikoden VI and which race should take an important part in the game?
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer less demi-humans, I think with nay-kobolds and beavers Suikoden was scraping the barrel a bit and included them on a quite flimsy basis.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blade Bunnies. Sure they look somewhat ridiculous but they already carry their own personal weaponry. Who is to say they don't have hero-types in their violent little race.

500 Potch
35 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they should re-visit Kobolds or Elves. Get back to the roots of the whole demi-races in Suikoden. The Nay Kobolds and the Beavers were really reaching out there. Like it's like they just choose a random animal and make characters from that. Most of the beavers didn't even have any depth they were just for show.Kobolds have always been my favorite so i wouldn't mind seeing them again. Also more than one Elf or Elf Village would be nice. There's always animosity when their's elf's.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite liked Nay-Kobolds, Beavers completely sucked though. I think the series has been lacking a few Nay-Kobolds lately.
Cloudless Eye

Advance Pawns

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden VI, I'd like to see more elves. They've been in every game so far, but we don't get much information about them as a whole race. The most we get to see is one village(like said above.) or not even. Sometimes we only end up getting the name and the general vicinity.

Elven characters havn't been the most unique or exciting(Roland, Paula), but personally I think there's a lot of room for character development with them. A more explored background of where they game from would be awsome too.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krakens. I want the dark lords of the depths to rise and enslave humanity, with Chuchara becoming the Tenkai Star.

^Actual quote!
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to go with Owl Men on this one. I can just imagine now, you really need to find some way of crossing a ravine, so you go in search of the wise old owl people. After a big battle , thousands dead, and the owls convinced of your devotion to your cause they convene, and eventually remerge to suggest you use the bridge.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
I'm going to have to go with Owl Men on this one. I can just imagine now, you really need to find some way of crossing a ravine, so you go in search of the wise old owl people. After a big battle , thousands dead, and the owls convinced of your devotion to your cause they convene, and eventually remerge to suggest you use the bridge.

Muhahaha man thats awesome sorry but I just laughed my butt off. Man I can imagine that! Suikoden games just need more of such ironic parodies. :)
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see more of the already established races in VI instead of getting a new one. More dwarves would be good, and there hasn't been a fighting kobold since Gau in III.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the beavers (Nuooooooooh!). At least beavers are something different from Standard Fantasy Trope Demi-Human Group A or Standard Fantasy Cliche Demi-Human Group B. Admt it, how many games have you even been able to play as a beaver as? And they're genuinely useful; they're weaker units in random battles but set up some beavers as units in the naval war battles and you have quite the powerful crew; the gnaw command decimated the Godwin troops for me.

I don't really care what group it is, I just hope they blend into the story well enough. I'd like themto be fightable, though; Anais brings up a good point in that a lot of the non-human stars aren't able to be your party members. I know I was disappointed in Suikoden IV that I couldn't use the mermaids at all. (Laugh all you want, but if Lilooon can stand on a dock in Illuya for a while, she can stand in my party. And if you notice, the mermaids in Suikoden have legs, so it's not like I'm asking that they figure out how to balance one of them on their flippers. AND since their room isn't filled with water in Suikoden IV, it's canon that they can survive out of it for long periods of time! So why can't I have mermaids in my party?)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
it's canon that they can survive out of it for long periods of time! So why can't I have mermaids in my party?

Well the simple answer is that they simply can't fight. All they know is how to swim and stuff. They're never required to fight and therefore, they don't fight.

As for me, I'm always a big fan of the Elves, so I want them to be important like how Ridley is important in Suikoden II. Not just like Chiepoo becoming Tenkai's follower, but make the demi-human to be important to the plot like Ridley.

But then again, it doesn't really matter which race it is, as long as they're not stupid, then I'm happy.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
Well the simple answer is that they simply can't fight. All they know is how to swim and stuff. They're never required to fight and therefore, they don't fight.

It's been a couple years since I've gone through Suikoden IV, but if I remember right, the mermaids are shown in a cutscene as part of the last war battle/attack on Fort El Eal. They could have at least been part of the war battles.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am so glad I'm not the only one who actually liked those furry little dudes the beavers. Nuuu...nuuu...nuuuoooh! indeed.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The beavers weren't terrible; in fact I liked them as well. I honestly am found of all the demi-human creatures, it's just fun to see what they come up with. I also enjoy when new races have special abilities. Like the beaver being gods at sea

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: