Suikoden Unique and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bleach!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
I was thinking of the same thing since most of the Vizard are at a captain's level.

Which means exactly squat. Saying that is basically a superficial marker of power that is rather meaningless anymore. They said the same thing about Ichigo but he gets the crap beat out of him all of the time, yet other captains waltzed right in and defeated Espada with little to no trouble. You could argue individual fighting styles and experience were involved, but still, it should not be such a beatdown. That's another thing that bothered me: An espada royally kicks the crap out of Ichigo and anyone else (like Nel, Ishida, etc.) that gets in his way, but when, for example, Kenpachi uses (OMG!!) two hands, he wins....okaaaaaay.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you would have to take into consideration for the last remark that: Nel did do some damage to him when released, so he wasn't fighting Kenpachi at full power.

Still, i was really surprised to find out about the previous generation of Squad Captains. It does make me want to read more on it. I understand how you would compare the orphanage scene from FFVIII to this, Sage, but i don't get those vibes when i read the recent chapters 316 and 317.

Well, it turns out that just as the Hueco Mundo arc ends in the anime, then they'll go into the fillers, if Bleach Exile is to be trusted. It's apparently going to be about a new 3rd Squad Captain, so it might be more interesting then the other filler episodes.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I tend not like like the filler Arcs in bleach, but I have to say this one has be pretty intrigued.

So the new Captain. Good or bad? I had a feeling he might be 'bad' when Kifune was revealed to be, but he seemed to show genuine shock and disbelief about Kifune. And with the ending of this weeks episode, it wouldn't shock me much if this was some elaborate training exorcise to get the 13 squads to work together or something. There's a whole lot to it that's left up to speculation so I guess we'll all just have to wait and see huh?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is with this show, they try intrigue and drama by showing you a little glimpse like that at the end of the episode, but it's usually resolved in the first 20 seconds after the (ever so annoying) recap at the start of each episode. For all we know, he could say "bye" and then leave Yamamoto's room right away. False drama and all that.

Amagai cannot be bad IF he is working for the old fart. That would make him "bad" too, which contradicts the manga thus far and since the anime has followed that arc up until the fight with Grimmjow, I don't think they're going to change it now.

Another possibility is that Amagai is bad and went straight to the old guy to get a ransom or something silly like that. But why he would care is far beyond me and from what I gather, it would be unwise to start a fight with him, so I think this idea is next to impossible.

I find the possibility that Yamamoto just wanted to eliminate that noble family (or turn Lurichiyo into his own puppet) and is using Amagai to do it far more likely. Remember that seemingly no one knew of Amagai or how he became captain. Kenpachi said that Yamamoto tricked him into testing Amagai and I think it was hinted (or outright said, I haven't been paying too much attention) that Byakuya was another captain who approved of his captain-ship. Byakuya is a noble too. They said Yamamoto already knew about their activities but had no proof and now that he had it, it sounds to me that rather than just "investigate" the matter, he wants them all eliminated and possibly under his control. He also sent Byakuya to lead the invasion. I doubt the overall benefit of the 13 squads is his aim as much as this is likely some convoluted nobility matter.

Wow, that was deep for a hack'n'slash anime. >_>

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Turning Lurichiyo into a puppet or anything else similar to that really wouldn't go overall with Ichigo, and it's been hinted and stated a few times that Yamamoto has a particular confidence in Ichigo's actions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe, but the guy is also quite stubborn and asshat-ish so I assume he has something up his sleeve. Let's face it, this has to end in a fight between Ichigo and somebody. A quickly resolved, bloodless ending to an arc is not the Bleach way. This can't turn into a situation where everything is suddenly ok now, imo. Ichigo has to kill or seriously beat down someone worth killing or beating up.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...let's examine Amagai's character with the info known so far.

Point A) His Zanpakuto, Raika, is a strong fire based sword.

Point B) To me the horn that sounds when his releases his Shikai sounds like a viking horn (the type they would sound before going into battle).

Point C) It seems that he sincerely want to better the Gotei 13 though (the joint squad training), which makes his true motive very confusing...

This makes me think that maybe Bleach is referencing Loki, who is associated with Fire and both betrays and aids the other Norse gods...

Just speculation though

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~

Last edited by Aesa on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Maybe, but the guy is also quite stubborn and asshat-ish so I assume he has something up his sleeve. Let's face it, this has to end in a fight between Ichigo and somebody. A quickly resolved, bloodless ending to an arc is not the Bleach way. This can't turn into a situation where everything is suddenly ok now, imo. Ichigo has to kill or seriously beat down someone worth killing or beating up.

Yeah. The opening (which I've learned never to really trust) show Ichigo fighting the assassin dude, while Amagai fights Kifune. Which obviously didn't happen.

Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vizards are at the Captains level?
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of them are either former captains or lieutenants. Shinji for example was Aizen's predecessor, Rose was Gin's, and Kensei was Tousen's. So we can blame them in part for leaving and putting Aizen and the others in their place... =) I like Kensei...same reason why I like Shuuhei...they're pure bad-asses!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the Vizards are far above Captain level really, since most used to be former captains and vice captains. So in normal Shinigami form they're captain level, in masked form they're far above.

Love- Former 7th Division Captain. Replaced by Komamura (fox headed guy)

Shinji- As said former 5th division, Replaced by Aizen.

Mashiro- Former Vice Captain of 9th Division.

Rose- Former 3rd Division Captain, Replaced by Gin.

Hiyori- Former Vice Captain under Urahara.

Hachi- Vice Captain of the Kido Corps under Tessai

Lisa- Vice Captain under Shunsui replaced by Nanao. Totally explains her erotic manga fetish.

Kensei- Former 9th division captain was replaced by Tousen.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there's a bit more to talk about the anime and the manga. Spoilers are big on both, so you may want to skip this post overall if you don't want to be spoiled.

Anime - So, we see Amagai's true colours. Looks like his whole friendship with the Gotei 13 and being chummy with everyone was all just a ruse to get revenge on Yamamoto. And i bet that he can hold his liquor, grr :x . It seems weak to me, but i suppose compared to the other characters in this filler arc, it's not so bad...

Oh, and we finally get to hear Enryuu talk. No wonder he remained silent all the time.

Manga - Finally, we get to see Hisagi's Zankupatou released. Out of the four "pillar-guardian-dudes", i wanted to see what the heck he would do. I think that the fight was overall pretty neat, not only in seeing what Hisagi can do, but also the arrancar he was fighting (Findor, was it?). I thought that the crab pincers thingies were pretty cool, to tell the truth. Now i want to see Iba's and Isane's, and the rest of them, of course, but mainly those two out of the vice captains.

Kira's fight was ho-hum for me. I would have liked to see something more different. And i wasn't interested in Yumichika's battle with the Charlotte dude. Ikkaku's fight should hopefully disclose more on his Bankai's ability. I'm guessing that main reason he's having a hard time fighting is because he wants to hide his Bankai from everyone. Team 11, sure has a lot of secrets, doesn't it?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welp, Vizard ability has been activated in front of the big guy himself. Since many former captains have left soul society because of it, what will be the repercussions?

As for the fight itself, pretty standard stuff for a Bleach fight. Enemy is fighting for self reasons such as revenge or power, Ichigo is fighting to protect which is always the moral of Bleach. Genryusai is just standing being his normal pragmatic self, though he did seem a bit surprised over Ichigo's transformation. I'm waiting for the reveal that it wasn't Yamamoto that did it, or something else that makes poor ol' Amagai vengeful life a waste.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
which is always the moral of Bleach.

And just about every other anime, manga, and video game in which reasoning for fighting comes up. >_>

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Milan Fiori wrote:
which is always the moral of Bleach.

And just about every other anime, manga, and video game in which reasoning for fighting comes up. >_>

Touche. I kinda wish Yamamoto after this fight declares Ichigo an enemy to the soul society and must be killed for giving in to his hollowification!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: