Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm........ My hero would have to be Kenshin off of Samurai X. Because he has a past that he is not proud of but still he goes everyday to try and repent for the sins that he commented back then. This is the kind a strength that I wished I had not one of the body but one of the heart,soul, and mind.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As other people said earlier in this topic, my hero is myself because im unique and i look up to myself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a hero, and I absolutely don't consider myself as a hero because... well I'm not ^_^.

And because a hero for me is:

Quote:
In my opinion a hero is a person who has a strong will even stronger than steel it self. He is a person who is faithful to himself before being faithful to others. He seeks the truth and tries to accomplish it without any hesitation. He is confident about his judgments with no doubts in his heart. He considers other peoples ideas and feelings, and who loves to see other people's dreams come true. He is a person whose heart is as big as the sea that can contain the whole world within it.

He is a person who feel others pain and tries to ease it by anyway he can. He is someone who thinks that friends are above everything, someone who can be trusted with your life, one with a courageous heart that fears no one. He is a person who can stand against the whole world if he has to do it. He is one whose loyalty comes whithin his heart and goes to the one who deserve it. He is a person whose generosity has no limits, who thinks that giving the needy without expecting any benefit from doing it which is the right thing to do.

He is someone who does not use his wisdom and knowledge for his own benifit but for the benefit of others. One who can hold his patience in the hardest of times. He is the one who people look upon as their only ray of hope, someone that can be relied on, and that is all I can say about a hero.

It's pretty much long and confusing (did I really wrote that? <.>), but I guess that is why I don't have a hero (too many things for a hero ^.^).

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that I am my own hero. The reason for that is because I shape my own life. I learned that when it comes down to it, I have to rely on myself. I can't mold my life around someone else's life, I have to do what I believe is right.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would have been better Blackjack, if you described 'Hero' as someone you respect and maybe admire for their accomplishments or something along those lines, rather than someone you look up to and aspire to be.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roland Deschain from the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King is my Hero. Even with all of his loss he still pressed on towards his goal. He could have given up at any point but he didn't. But the thing I think that really draws me towards him is he's human. He makes mistakes and he's isn't as noble as a "hero" is supposed to be, I mean his entire quest is mostly out of pure selfishness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero...?
My hero is my father, yes he is. From my childhood until now, I always look at him with great respect, in short, he influenced me in a lot of way. Truth, there's a bad period with my family, which I don't want to talk about, but after it's over, I still love him, and Idolize him.

My other hero is a hero I found from reading, he's Khalid bin Walid, a great warrior of Islamic history. Once a noble, but cut out of his rank, but he struggle to get his position back by fighting well, um...he's a chiilhood hero of mine.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very cool, Sheherazade. I forgot about Khalid bin Walid. But he's not my hero, unfortuantely.

I can't remember my heroes. That is not to say that i don't have any. But there were so many people who influence my life.

One would be Himura Kenshin....for giving a different perspective on life. This actually was at a point in my teenage when i was thinking of commiting suicide. And i was living in an apartment 27 storeys high, mind you! So, yeah, Samurai X himself did save me from making one of the most moronic mistakes of my life. And it just goes to show you, that adolescents can be extremely stupid... :|

Another hero for me would be...i can't truly say myself, but there was someone who persuaded me to follow a much more original and unique expression of myself. I don't want to go copying other people, but i want to be my own man. And this is what i strive for now in everything i do, to have at lest my own mark, distinguishable from everyone else's. I'll probably edit this post later...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So, yeah, Samurai X himself did save me from making one of the most moronic mistakes of my life. And it just goes to show you, that adolescents can be extremely stupid...

Wow, that's cool :mrgreen:

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now, I personally have no heros. However, since I've been like 7, I've known one of my best friends Cass. He's in his first year of college, and I'm only a senior in highschool so he's a year older. I guess it started out when we were younger, we used to have the same interest in Preditor movies, I still think I have figureines from the spinn offs and old movies. However After knowing him for 9 months I moved away. Ever since we've kept in contanct, and acutally visit each other once ina while. To get to the semi hero/big brother part, Cass always seem to know the answer to the problems I've had. Perhaps he's been through them already since he's a year older. However his confidence in life sorta wore off on me I guess. Everytime I visited, he was sorta the most popular kid in school, and pretty much friends with everyone. I always felt speical when I did visit, because since I was a old friend of him, everyone though I was pretty cool as well. I guess I wish I always had the confidence and knowlage he had. However I guess I'm glad I moved, because I probally would of grown up living in his shadow. Now I just get advise and confidence from him, and leave. However he's a great person...

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have many many heroes. I have many people that influence me and that I look up to. Some are very admirable people, while others are just interested in the same kinds of things that I'm interested in.

First off, one of my most inspirational heroes is R.A. Salvatore. He writes fantasy books. I find his books very unique as well as interesting. I have read 15 of his books so far. The main reason he is my hero is because I hope to write fantasy as my career. I haev already started a book. It has a prologue and 6 chapters. There are 42 pages altogether. R.A. Salvatore pretty much invented some of the aspects of fantasy used these days. He made up some of the gods and many many monsters commonly used these days.

Another hero of min would probably have to be my older brother. He is one of the nicest, most polite people I have ever met. He is also very charismatic and always knows what is right. He likes to teach me things and never puts me down. He is a chemist and is very intelligent.

I also look up to Tolkien. He is also excellent becuase of his fantsy work. He pretty much invented the whole structure of what is now dungeons and dragons. I don't actually play the game, but I do like ot read te books based on it. I really like Tolkien's work. He even invented languages. That is amazing. Tolkien created a lot of monsters that are still used today.

Even though I don't have one specific hero, I still think that they are important. I don't think having a bunch of heroes is bad. I think that I am lucky to have this many.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no real hero because i don't want to be like anyone else but myself...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have two heroes: John Lennon and George Carlin. Both are men who think against the grain, who stood up for their beliefs, who try to make a statement about the society in non-violent ways. Not to mention I think John Lennon is probably the greatest member of the greatest musical band of all time, and George Carlin is one of the wisest men on the face of the planet.

Lord Dredd wrote:
My hero is me, because a hero is someone you look up to and want to be like. I want to be just like me because I am unique and individual from others. I do not conform to what others want and have my own views and opinions.

Heroes are also used as inspiration, as motivators, people who can lift your hearts when you think all is lost. They aren't necessarily a crutch, or someone you wish to imitate in your own life. They are figures that give strength and hope to people, which is why so many people love Jesus. (I just happen to choose two other secular wisemen, hehe.)

I'm glad you're happy enough with yourself that you do not feel the need to look to others for hope--you have all the hope you need, and good for you. But I don't think it's fair to think that people who have heroes are "conformists" or "imitators". I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your comment, but that's what my reaction was to it.

Oh, and as we go through life we will find that we rarely have opinions and views we can call our own. Oftentimes they do in fact belong to someone else, and you're just borrowing them. (At least there's no late fee.) ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is Ulisses from Homero Odissey, i think in enlgish his name is Odisseus or Odysseus.He is a greek hero who is a good fighter a good thinker and a good king.He was a great epic character and must be always be in the mind of the people.

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my hero... that would have to be the asian guy from the movie "the perfact score" he wants to be blanka, just like me :twisted:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: