Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RBS 6 Nations Rubgy ( Fantasy League )

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: RBS 6 Nations Rubgy ( Fantasy League ) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is that time of year again with the 6 Nations Rubgy kicking off this weekend.

And where would we be without a fantasy league!

Link: http://scrum.fantasyleague.com/
League Name: BMS 6 Nations
League PIN: 2604

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, I'm joining a little late but nevermind, I missed this thread to start with sadly but I'll give it a go at catching you and the other players in the league. I'm not one to shy away from a challenge after all.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice to have you on board...i am sure you will easily catch me though...poor start!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any start is better than no start of course! How's O'Driscoll doing? Will he be back in the team for the next game on Sunday?

I was going to have him in my team as I was making it when I was watching that match but then he got injured so I switched him for a Frenchman I think it was (Yachvili perhaps) incase he couldn't play the next one!

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are giving O'Driscoll until Saturday to prove his fitness. I sure hope is he!

Ireland need to improve their performance alot more if they hope to beat France. The Welsh result was hard work.

Should be another easy win for England.....
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm loathe to take anything for granted when it comes to England in the six nations but I must admit having Robinson and Wilkinson back out there does make me feel a bit more confident about the entire competition, those two have always been good for their country and I hope it gives the team a bit more confidence.

I hope O'Driscoll is okay to play the Irish need him to play as he's one of the better players on the team and the French are very good by the looks of things.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Wilkinson is well and truely back and i am sure he is hungry to make up for lost time with the horrendous run with injuries he had. Scoring 27 points in his first match was was pretty amazing.

O'Driscoll is one of our better players but we have a few others back too so technically we should be ok if he misses out. France seem to be playing alot better now then they did in the Autumn games so this should be another tough match.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just watched the England game against Italy and England were pretty uninspiring. They won it on Wilkinson's kicking (and he missed two at that) and a try for Robinson. That works out alright for my fantasy team really since I have those two in there but Worsley isn't in the team at all (d'oh!) and was in the commentary box, Vickery played the whole game but I don't think he did anything in particular. Italy had tons of the ball but couldn't really convert on the possession most of the time. A win is still a win though so I won't complain too much, Lund seems a decent player I've not seen him previous to the last two games.

Now Wales are taking on Scotland and I've get S. Lamont for Scotland, Popham and R. Jones in for Wales so I'll be keeping an eye on them during the match. I'm expecting a Wales win really, the best game of the weekend should hopefully be tomorrow's France versus Ireland. Looking forward to that one.

Edit: Scotland proved me wrong in that game, they also proved me right when I said I didn't know much about rugby. Heh.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn damn damn....to lose it like that in the last 20 seconds is gut wrenching! Ireland lose out to Fance by 17-20....3 bloody points....

Well i cannot complain really as France are a really strong side and played really well and Ireland were just too slow to get going.

This makes the game against England all the more interesting as Ireland will not want to lose two in a row at Croke Park and potentially hand the Grand Slam to England!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah but for the neutral I thought that was a great game, it was a real battle and very, very tense to watch. I enjoyed it a whole lot! It's a shame Ireland lost in the end but the French were pretty good during that match, I think both of those teams might well beat England given the relative levels of performance I saw.

Heh and I beat you for round points but I'm obviously well behind still, the other two teams beat me though, shame. I messed up a bit by picking three guys who didn't play, they were two French players and strangely considering they are the team I knew most about, an England player. Worseley was up in the commentary box instead of on the field, shameful. Anyway I made a few switches, the French players for their counterparts that actually play the games and Worseley out for Lund who seemed pretty decent to me.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having both O'Driscoll and Stringer injured and missing the match really messed me up this week.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That match was terrible to walk away from. No one likes to talk about it. Sickening... I wonder if it would've went any differently if O'Driscoll or Stringer were fit to play... France were playing superbly, though. If we gave them an inch, they took it. Every advantage given to them, they acted upon. At least we gave them a hard time.

I am hoping for a victory against England, now. I am worrying, though, since Wilkinson seems to be unstoppable at the moment, although the rest of the team aren't playing too well.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well with the Six Nations Rugby now over and Ireland losing out on a first Championship since 1985 thanks to France's last gasp try against Scotland here is how our little '4 Nations' finished! :P

League Table
Lemon Crush : 245
Oz-spree 2007 : 201
Patriarchs : 200
PK Rugby Rangers : 154

A third place finish for me.....just like what is happening in the fantasy football!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not as bad as it looks if you consider I missed out on ~30 points for the first week but all the same I would have been last, I suppose rugby just isn't my thing considering I only really knew about the England team prior to this and even there my knowledge was weak due to all the recent changes the team has undergone lately.

Nevermind, maybe next time I'll do better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: