Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Not your average Jeane thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Not your average Jeane thread. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Put your ghost of Leknaat's true rune's vampire's ghost theories away, friends. This is about her (lack of) outfits.

...great. Now put your tongues away.

So, I've been replaying Suikoden V (it's not as bad now that I know I'm going to hate most of it, oddly enough) and I realized something regarding Jeane.

Let's take her clothes in chronological order:

In Suikoden IV, she's wearing very little. Just a tiny little top and a long loincloth.

In Suikoden V, she's wearing an even smaller top and loin cloth.

In Suikoden I, she's wearing a long robe with high slits on either side and an open chest, but is in all reality, fairly conservative compared to the outfits in IV and V.

In Suikoden II, she's wearing much the same thing as in Suikoden I, only the robe only has one slit.

In Suikoden III, she's practically chaste compared to all the other games. Long black dress with a slit.

So, what happened to cause her to dress more?

"Mother has a WORD for women like you! HUSSIES. Put on some clothes, HUSSY!"

And indeed she did.

So, uh...in the interest of promoting discussion, which Jeane is your favorite, and which is your least favorite? For me, V is my least favorite (because, seriously. Put on some clothes, man.), while III is my most favorite as she looks freaking sexy without looking like, well, a hussy.

Disclaimer: This may well have been discussed previously. If it has been, I apologize. I pretty much stayed out of all Suikoden V topics as I'm not overly fond of it.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack, unfortunately, you're incorrect.

Jeane did not wear more clothes from Suikoden V to Suikoden III. From the most revealing to the least revealing: Suikoden V (89% exposure), Suikoden IV (80%), Suikoden II (70%), Suikoden I (67%), and Suikoden III (51%). So therefore, Suikoden II's costume is actually more revealing than Suikoden I (I'm guessing because of the shoes as Jeane wears boots in Suikoden I). This is of course wrong if I misinterpret the numbers in one of those scans. Quite sure I'm right though.

My favorite is ... Suikoden IV Jeane. I think she looks the best because she looks like she can actually fight rather than just a runemistress in a rune shop.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not prepared to say that I'm wrong because Jeane wisened up, put on some attractive shoes and lost the ugly shoulder pad things. So there. :P

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would've liked to see Jeane's Tactics outfit much better. It looks much like IV's only black.

I think i will prefer Jeane's outfit from SIII, because it's black. The bacl outfit creates a nice contrast with her hair.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked her in IV. Her look in V doesn't fit too good on her.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose in Suikoden III she finally adds some class to her wardrobe instead of wearing some weird Old Armes bikini, and instead opts for a nice dress, quit looking at me like that.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The bellydancing outfit in Suikoden V is very revealing, and I think she's the only one who could pull it off at all. Though, I like her Suikoden IV outfit the best. Yeah, it looks a little trampy, but she cools cool in it. I love her gloves!

Plus it's fun to run around as her in Suikoden IV :mrgreen:
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the Suikoden IV outfit as well. Well its my opinion but the iutfit seems to work perfectly with her. the S V outfit made her look like a HUSSY!!!

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Spiraling Entropy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awww, she looks good in pretty much any outfit!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo wrote:

I think i will prefer Jeane's outfit from SIII, because it's black. The bacl outfit creates a nice contrast with her hair.

like you i perfer her S3 look. she just looks good in that pure black dress.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're all weird. I prefer men most of the time and her hussy outfit was my favourite, because it was even sexy to me. And the pink hair was as awesome as it was flashy. Then again, I wish I could wear it.

My second favourite would have to be IV's. I probably started liking it when I used Jeane as my walking character all the time(well, whenever I wasn't using Tal). The gloves are pretty.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did you work out in percentage how much of Jeane's skin was showing in her outfits anyway? Just a national survey or something?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any outfit she wore she pulled off well. Some people are just blessed with some magical physical genes. Plus, it didn't matter whether she had more coverage or less. The way her dresses fit pretty much didn't hide anything about her. But I like her latest SV dress. I am man thus that's my pick.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

her hussy outfit was my favourite, because it was even sexy to me. And the pink hair was as awesome as it was flashy. Then again, I wish I could wear it.

Agreed.

Suikoden V was the only time I was actually attracted to her.

Quote:

Some people are just blessed with some magical physical genes.

And a charm rune, don't forget about the charm rune.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She was lame in V. Her hair was pink, her lips were goofy looking, and her figure went from curvy to pudgey. I'm no fan of Jeane, but if you're going to put a bombshell in a game, don't make her look like she's having an allergic reaction and swelling up. Suiko V Jeane=total and utter failure as a sex symbol. For Christ sake, Lyon and Miakis looked better than her and Lyon might as well be a twelve year old boy.

Edit: I just realized that this post implies that I find twelve year old boys to be better sex symbols than scantily clad pudgey women. I'm not going to change it, I just figured I'd point that out for all of you.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: