Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Best Death in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His death really made me quite the sad, sad panda. I actually thought he would've been part of the 108. With him and Georg having their own personal combo attacks. When the scene unfolded I was practically praying that Ferid had somehow tricked everyone of his death to have a much more dramatic entrance later in the game.

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the best death In the whole Suikoden is Odessa cause she dies to save a kids you know what I am saying. that is a true hero to give you're life so other might live in peace that is a true hero I am sure that when Odessa whent to heaven she was a saint. Yes she was a Saint, Saint Odessa.
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luca blighrt
mariamalibran

13137 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bahram Luger's death was both touching and sad. I really appreciate teachers who love their students.

Then there's Yun's death, with the BG music of Alma Kinan playing and all. It was perfect for the scene.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami's death was the best in my eyes. i don't care if she faked it she is my my favorite character of all suikoden and when she died protecting her and brother and jowy i cried it literally reduced me to shambles for a good week and a half i didn't get the good ending the first time so i thought she had really died and then i played through it again and i cried when i found out she was alive
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio being eaten by man eating spores... BEST DEATH EVER!!! :P

But seriously Odessa's death was the most moving and Luca Blight's death was the most dramtic. :!:

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Karushifa

155169 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The death that was the most upsetting to me initially was Lulu's in SIII. I was not expecting it at all, and especially not at the hands of one of the "heroes" of the game. It really reflects the ugly nature of war and how even an otherwise honorable person (like Chris) can be driven to do terrible things if they let their anger and rage get the best of them. Incidentally, I don't really buy the "wall of anger" theory regarding Chris and Lulu's fight. Both were young and relatively inexperienced with regards to real combat, and both were capable of mistakes and impulsiveness.

However, I will have to go with the royal family deaths from SV. Not necessarily Arshtat's death, since I had a feeling as to what Georg was really summoned to Falena to do. Ferid's death to me was the most heartbreaking, since it convinced Arshtat once and for all how powerful and strong-willed the Sun Rune was, and how little "control" she actually had over it. Seeing how Ferid's death affected her was probably the saddest moment in the game for me.

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lulu in Suikoden III. I know it sounds terrible, but I was so HAPPY when he died x_x

Okay, in all seriousness now:

Suikoden V probably has the best, more touching death scene in all of gaming history with the death of the royal family. The best part of the entire scene, however, was Ferid's death. I mean, he was killed by his wife while she was in a frenzy, and just the look on Arshnat's face as she realizes what's happened is just so heartbreaking. It's so sad, yet strangely captivating as well, and it was beautifully executed.

A close second for me isn't so much a death scene as it is the aftermath. In Suikoden Tactics, when Kika discovers that Edgar has died. I'm not sure why that struck a chord with me, but I believe it's the closest we ever see Kika to breaking down.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though not as emotionally gripping as deaths such as Ferid/Arshtat and Roy's from Suikoden 5, I do really like the death scenes of Culgan and Seed. There's just something so heroic about their last stand, knowing their army and country was defeated and yet still standing and fighting to protect their monarch... it really strikes a chord with my nordic concept of a heroic death leading to the halls of Valhalla. Similarly Han Cunningham's death, knowing the history between himself and Genkaku, and finally being able to be free of that burden by falling to Riou.

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though there are many to choose from, I found Yun's death in Suikoden III to be the most tragic. Regardless of Alma Kinan's traditions, it just seemed so wrong. I'll throw in Lyon's as well, assuming you get one of the bad endings. Freyjadour looked so heartbroken, and there was nothing Georg could do for him.
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... Sialeeds death made me cry ... she's my favourite character in Suikoden 5, I hated the fact i had to fight her and also whilst fighting i cried ... and well when she died ... I was just moved by it! ... She had died for him ... and she still just kept on going at how she hates lucretia! ...

Even Arshtat and Ferid's death ... it was just ... so sad... i cried alot!!! I couldn't believe how it happened! I did have a slight feeling but still ...

Also i just remembered Anabelle's death in suikoden 2 ... killed by a spy and sarcastically by jowy ... it just amused me how a woman of her stature was killd so easily by a kid! ...
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid and Arshtat's deaths made me cry :/
Other deaths didn't move me except for Nanami's but when I found out she faked it, I disliked her. >___>

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its been a while since i posted hehe anyways...
I played SII again (yehey)

Luca Blight's death
Ferid and Arshtat's death
Luc's death... :(

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
+=vadett.trese=+

3894 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FaVE DeAtH?...

MAyBE ON LUca BLiGHt YoU seE ARRoWs In HIM BUT Hes A HArD 2 Die,,,

BuT On THe End,,

He HAS A gOOD heArt,,, whEn He SeEs The FireFLIeS,,,

AnOTheR iS tHE sceNE of NANami,,

THe PIctuRe Of NAnaMi CHanGed,,

And JOwY WaS therE

And i HATe THaT FAT MAtiLDA whO KiLLed NANAmi,,,

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure if ive already written here but im bored and feel like writeing something. Well i belive that the "best" death, which i am interpreting as the most tragic/moveing.

Untill sV i may have been tempted to say Gremio, but i belive there is another. The death of Queen Arshtat is extremely tragic and very moveing, throughout the game you find yourself confused as to what happened who killed who!? The truth of it all is rather sad indeed and it moved me muchly, arshtat had lost all controll of herself when she killed Ferid, but he didnt blame her, she must have been distrought, and sad as it was, it was neccissary for Georg to kill her. Very moveing indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: