Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Best Death in Suikoden
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: The Best Death in Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sort of a sinister topic, but I was wondering which character death everyone thinks is the "best death."

For me, Luca's ranks pretty high, but Jimba's death in the Manga vesion of Suikoden 3 has recently replaced that. Although the English version of that scene won't be out for a while (it was in volume 6 of the Japanese version), it really does a much better job that how it was in the game version. It was really beautiful and showed how much Jimba/Wyatt really loved Chris while not making it too cheesy.

So, what about everyone else?
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me Mathiu. He overcame his fear of using his skills to kill both enemy and ally alike, and he helped liberate a oppressed people. He was a maytr to be sure but more than that he is a HERO. I almost cried when he died in that final scene. "Hearing the CRY of Victory, he rests in Peace"

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mathiu's was pretty good. I would probably go with that.....Had Suikoden 2 not been made.

Luca's death was probably one of the most enjoyable and psyched killing ever. As soon as the bastard burned Ryube, you wanted to kill him. When you finally got to, oh man.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd have to say luc's death in sIII was the most satisfying; it rid the suikoworld of one of the whiniest, most annoying characters of the series.

yes, i cheered when they both died; makes me smile every time i think of it...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gotta go with Mathiu. His last words show what kind of a character he was more than anything else he says. Sure, he doubted himself, but I'd be a lot more unsettled if Mathiu NEVER doubted himself. He did sell out part of Toran to Jowston to buy himself time, you know.

I'm hoping that Suikoden V won't take place too long after Suikoden III, just so Leon can get an honest-to-god death scene rather than just getting two lines of text that Albert or Caesar mention.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the whiniest? Luc was the most annoying character in the series.

My favorite death was of Random Character #462 in Ryube. Here's a recap (dramatization)

462- Don't kill meeee I'll do anything
Luca- Then act like a pig!
462- uuuuuh what the hell
Luca- NOW
462- Oink Oink Oin...
Luca- DIE PIG

best.death.evar.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ Actually that was a really good scene.

My vote goes to Luca, because he is my all time favorite character, and everything about the scene was perfect. Particularly the fireflies.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I second that the manga does a much better job on Jimba's death than the game, actually I think the manga does a better job on quite a few things than the manga -_- (Aki Shimizu is really talented)

Mathiu: I see. Master Liukan. I despise war. I always felt that to take a life of another, for whatever reason, was wrong. And yet I became a military strategist, and took many lives. Did I do the right thing? Perhaps I should have remained in that village, fishing in my idle moments, until my death.

That was a really touching dialogue between Mathiu and Luikan

And while I wasnt really sad when Odessa died, when she said she has chosen to be a woman, rather than commander of the Liberation Army, and she asked to have her body thrown into the sewage; I was thinking to myself "What a woman..."

Yeah, I almost cried when Luc returned to Leknaat in the end. I agree that he is a brat, but he is still my favorite character. And he is one of the few that has been in all 3 games. Its like seeing an old friend go. Knowing that he has a True Rune in Suikoden 2, I thought he would be with us for a long time, but he chooses to end it all himself. *sigh*
I was hoping Suikoden 4 would be a direct sequel to Suikoden 3, but looks like we have to wait...

The most touching death for me, its actually Kiba in Suikoden 2.
Even though we dont actually see him die, no death speech, its the one I feel the most for.
He knows this is suicide, and yet he charges right in proudly for his lord and country.
When I was eardropping his conversation with Shu, and then watching Klause said goodbye to him, I was crying out loud "NOOOOOOOOOooo WAITTTTT Shu, There MUST be another way!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by Rheo on Sun May 30, 2004 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, ordering Kiba to his death is another reason I'm not too fond of Shu. I liked Kiba. Just like how if you give Nanami her way in S2, Ridley dies.

By the way, that's the reason Nanami doesn't EVER get to live. EVER. :twisted:
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca's. He remained undefeated until death, according to his own wicked philosophy.
Each "villian" on the game(s) acknoledges his defeat when beaten by the heroes. Barbarossa(kinda), Jowy(if considered a villian), Han Cunningham, Seed and Culgan(same as Jowy), Luc...
Luca, however, even being beaten by Riou, mortally wounded by hundreds of arrows, he remains evil and proud, as shown by his last words.

"Riou... to get to me, you've killed hundreds of men... But i, i have killed them by millions! Look at me, i am sublime! I am the true face of evil!"

(i know they're not exactly the same words, but the idea is there)

All the way to the edge of this world
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Kiba a lot too, and Klaus.
That scene with he watching his father off really got to me T-T

I like Ridley too, and he would die looking for the hero if the hero chooses to run away at Tinto. Another proud and loyal general. It seems like I am attracked to this kind :D

O no I cant believe I totally forgot about Seed and Culgan -_-
I actually started liking them in the end, I feel so sorry for them, after I kill them *sweat* when they were lying on the ground saying that it was fun planning for their country and they were glad they got to die with it... told you I am attracked by proud and loyal type |||

Luca is an evil $#!@# to the end. I like it too. He doesnt feel sorry for anything that he does. He doesnt even repent in the end. I dont like him, but his character is truely unforgetable. I was more relieved than anything when he finally went down, I didnt have 18 people trained at that time -_- my first 2 parties were barely standing after that... I think it is a little ridiculous that he is THAT strong without a True Rune, actually, why didnt the True Rune just choose him??? He is outrageously strong, and not to mention blood thristy, I think he and the Beast Rune should get REALLY well along...

Another person I forgot its Barbarossa, I was kind of touched when he said he would protect that garden, and of course, the scene in the end when he revealed that he did all these not because he was controlled by Windy, but because he really did love her...

P.S. The quote of Luca Blight, I blieve, is:
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands. Look at me! I am the true face of evil!"

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Beast Rune WOULD have chosen Luca Blight, had it had enough power. Remember Muse, and how Luca sacrificed all the people to the Beast Rune? It was still dormant when Luca died.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of all the deaths I've seen on Suikoden, the one that really touched me was Odessa's. Maybe because I was younger (yuck, yuck) and new to Suikoden, or perhaps because she is mentioned so many times later on so you don't get to forget her.

Next would be Luca's, but in a very different way. With him, I was like HoLy S***!!!
Hajime Saitou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca hands down. I started crying. Seriously Luca was the man, He got rid of old man Blight. His death was emotional.

Next was Odessa, because she was just awsome.

Gremio because I have a major disliking of him.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*To the post above*

I...cut...you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: