Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rakgi's Father, Brandeau and Steele
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, right. I must have chose to delete the wrong line of quotation. I apologize and shall repair it with haste.

Also about Rakgi father's = Steele speculation; just pay no heed of it. I have just realized that Rakgi's father had a death scene in Suikoden IV, which differs greatly from Steele's death in Rhapsodia.

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Some ancient civilization (exterminated) >>> Queen of Obel (died of overuse) >>> Graham Cray's son (died of overuse) > Graham Cray (cut his own hand) >>> Rakgi's father (unspecified death) >>> Steele (killed) > Brandeau (killed) > Glen Cott (died of overuse) > Lazlo.

Thanks, that puts it all into perspective really.

Also, you've listed me in your post as the quote at the top, it was uwangski who said that, not me.

Nice breakdown of things Scrooge McDuck,so does that mean Graham Cray's son was on a bypassing ship when the Rune passed to him from the Queen of Obel?

Dam Konami why do they not keep proper track of what their own games do it's embarrassing,at lease Vextor made a timeline that kept track of all the key events.

Now we need to figure out what this ancient civilization was called.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lonelion wrote:

Nice breakdown of things Scrooge McDuck,so does that mean Graham Cray's son was on a bypassing ship when the Rune passed to him from the Queen of Obel?

I doubt that it is the case. That is why I used the long ">>>" instead of the direct ">" to illustrate that the journey of the Rune from the Queen of Obel to Graham Cray's son most likely went through several other people first.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There may have been a number of minor characters that beared the rune in between The Queen of Obel's tenure with the rune and Graham Cray's son.

That or the Rune of Punishment waited inactively again until it was awoken by Graham's son.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When in that little table did the Rune of Punishment end up in the skeleton mans hand in the back of Obel Ruins? Am I misunderstanding this or was it the ancient civilization who got it from there? If it wasn't Rikie's husband who took it from the back of the ruins, why would they be there? Is Rikie a ghost? They are from Na-Nal, based on their looks, but why were they at the ruins? Am I not remembering the game right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm not really sure about the order of the past bearers of the Rune of Punishment.

But Rikie was never a ghost. They were there as a form of comemoration for her husband, it was like they were waitin for him to return.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune of Punishment on the skeleton's hand is the first known bearer of the Rune of Punishment, the Queen of Obel took the rune from it before fighting the pirates off.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I thought Hayashi, so in the explanation there is really no need to include this ancient civilization since you can say Obel Corpse, being that it is unknown whether it is ancient or just dustified by the Rune. Unfortunately this still begs the question as to why Rikie and Rakgi were at the end of the ruins. Why would they have known to be there? What relation does that place have to Rakgi's father? Is it a continuity error or am I still missing a linking event?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Rikie sensed the power of the rune there (she states she feels something that reminds her of Rakgi's father) and it reminded her of Rakgi's father, thats why she was there, then Lazlo turned up and she reminded her of him again because of the Rune of Punishment.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Lonelion wrote:

I doubt that it is the case. That is why I used the long ">>>" instead of the direct ">" to illustrate that the journey of the Rune from the Queen of Obel to Graham Cray's son most likely went through several other people first.

At lease you have something Scrooge McDuck,but all these holes in the pattern have made things totally confusing,at lease some of the holes have been plugged but we still have plenty more to go.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt they'll ever be filled Lonelion, Suikoden IV and Tactics both left them relatively blank, and I think thats as much as we'll get, I can't see a valid reason for Konami to go back to the Island Nations at that exact point in time anyway.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
The Rune of Punishment on the skeleton's hand is the first known bearer of the Rune of Punishment, the Queen of Obel took the rune from it before fighting the pirates off.

I believe she was fighting against Kooluk forces, not pirates.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah thats right, silly me.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silly silly Hayashi-san!!

And to clarify, Rikie and Rakghi were there because they've been appointed by Lion En Kuldez as caretakers of the ruin. I really don't understand why though, considering all those monsters inside the ruin, etc. It's one of those "they really didn't think much about plot in Suikoden 4, did they?" type of deals. I'm sure John Layfield will agree.

There's also a timeline problem, especially due to Rhapsodia.

Before Rhapsodia, the official info stated by Konami was that Brandeau gained the ROP only a few months before it went to Lazlo. However, in Rhapsodia, the rune goes to Brandeau YEARS before he would ever meet Lazlo. This puts Rikie's Husband in a limbo. Konami has never clarified this problem, either. It's very frustrating because now we have a sequence of events that makes no sense at all.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it'd be wise for Konami to clarify or shed light on a mistake it's made, we should just bury it and say that the Sindar did it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: