Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hero's sister/sister like figure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one do you think is the best?
Cleo os Suikoden I
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Nanami of Suikoden II
56%
 56%  [ 30 ]
Cecile of Suikoden III
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Flair of Suikoden IV
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Seneca of Suikoden Tactics
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Lymsleia os Suikoden V
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 53

Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, the choice was so obviously Cleo for me in this poll! I don't think I've done a poll that has been easier.

In my opinion, Cleo is the best for numerous reasons. From a simply gameplay stand point she is one of the standouts in statistics among all of the big sister type options. She would last in my parties for quite a long time in play throughs of Suikoden, sometimes even up to the last battle. Having a long range attacker that is powerful for physical attacks and also a very adept mage is about the best thing that you can ask for.

Cleo also seemed to be one of the most supportive of Tir's actions in a quieter way. Right from the start, she stuck through him through thick and thin. I think that Gremio and Cleo actually play a very interesting brother sister dynamic in Tir's life. While Gremio would seem, in that relationship, to be somewhat more scattered an overtly protective over Tir, Cleo served a more mature role. She was every bit as much a protector of Tir as Gremio was, just not in as overt a way. She had the wisdom to see that Tir would be alright on his own, that he had grown past the point where he needed the constant mothering that Gremio put upon him. She knew that the road he was choosing wouldn't be an easy one however, and she was prepared to do whatever she had to to assist him. I think this is most apparent when Tir makes the choice to officially join the Liberation Army. While Gremio sqwaks like a kicked hen, Cleo knows that Tir is growing up and that he can make his own choices now.

Aside from all that, Cleo is the character that I find the most interesting out of the lot. Nanami does come in at a close second though. Her story was very interesting and quite tied up with Ryu's as well. However, since this is a poll about fulfilling the sister role, I don't think that Nanami did nearly as good a job of things as Cleo did. Nanami was more like Gremio, constantly heaping too much protection on a young man that was ready to make his way in the world and live by his own heart. Maybe she couldn't stand to see him in danger, but the best thing to do would be to support him and his choices without constantly trying to make him second guess himself.

The only other ones that I think were worth mentioning is Seneca. Like someone else said, I thought Seneca was one of the more dynamic and interesting characters in Tactics. She wasn't as much of a sister as Nanami or Cleo, but she did have a bit of influence in Kyril's life.
phoenixflame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say nanami, she reminds me of how I am with my brothers, very bossy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seneca for sisterly I suppose.. I do like Cecile the best, but I almost find her more of a love interest than a sister. Seneca for the win!

-My DeviantArt-
whatadai

The Trojans

0 Potch
70 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami because she's sassy. She played a big part in the plot of the story. She could pass as a sister anyday. The flashbacks to their childhood was cool and funny. She was really versatile in the plot.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
Seneca for sisterly I suppose.. I do like Cecile the best, but I almost find her more of a love interest than a sister. Seneca for the win!

Thomas and Cecile?! That'd be weird.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami please ^^

I admired her for her unwavering loyalty to the hero. She only wanted what was best for him, and even though it seemed like every other sentence out of her mouth was an attempt tp get the hero to run away (semi-annoying but sad too), she always stood by him. Even though she abhors the war, she is constantly there to lend the hero moral support and fight for his cause. What more could you ask for from a family member?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel that Nanami made the best sister character. She was always very protective of her younger brother, and even though they weren't related by blood, they were as close as any traditional family members are, in some cases even closer.

She may have seemed like she was trying to lead him away from his duty by constantly trying to get him to leave the war, but she did it because she cared about him. She realized that what he was doing was being treasonous and that he was being a traitor to his home country, but she still stuck by him. If that doesn't show that she cared about him, I don't know what will!

Finally, she also knew when it would be best just to step aside and allow him to focus solely on his task. Maybe it was just because she no longer wished to see him continue his piratical ways, but she still wound up waiting for him to get this all out of his system and was willing to forgive him for not staying loyal to his home country. None of the others had to deal with such a clear cut traitor, but Nanami handled it well and showed how much she cared about Riou by not turning on him.

~Uguu!~
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami as well, she acts the most sisterly upon all the choices, Cleo and Seneca were like a mother to Tir and Kyril, Cecil is most likely a lover/servant to his master Thomas while Flair doesn't even had a chance to experience to be a real sister, if I remember correctly, Flair doesn't even knew she had a sibling, I'm probably wrong though . I still haven't seen or played Suikoden V, so I know nothing about Lymlesia. Nanami may be somewhat annoying but that was only because she cared a lot to her brother, Riou and even to Jowy. She also looked cute because of that, makes me envy to Riou for having a big sister like her :)

IN AMERICA!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe this is altogether too easy for me, but it only comes down to two here, and really of those 2 one stands out.

Flare (Not Flair people, if you played the game, you'd realize its Flare, not Flair) was never even close to Lazlo let alone be even considered a sister figure. Until I found out that Lazlo was possibly Lino's son, I always assumed Lazo and Flare were gonna hook up at the end of the game. So, not even close with her.

Seneca as a sister figure makes no sense as I always saw her more as an associate and friend and maybe even mother figure (although Yohn did that as well) I think Kyril relied on Seneca as an adult more than a peer though and trusted her advice and expertise. I don't think thats really what a sister is there for, but I don't have an older sister so I'm clueless on that.

Cecile as a sister figure again makes little sense to me as I think its fairly obvious that Thomas and Cecile had a bit of a relationship going. Maybe Cecile thought it more than Thomas, but I'm sure once both hit the age of 17, they'll be all over eachother.

Cleo never did anything sisterly, period. She served the same purpose as Pahn and Gremio, she was her father's servant and thats it. I don't recall Cleo ever sticking her neck out for Tir more than anyone else did in Suikoden 1. If anyone was a sister figure it'd be the male Gremio, and he'd be a brother figure.

This leaves Nanami and Lymsleia. Both were actually sisters to their respective Tenkai, only difference being Nanami and Riou were adoptive brother and sister, but they grew up together like Lym grew up with the Prince. In terms of who is the better sister in the game, I have to side with Nanami because she's with Riou the whole time, where the Prince is on the other side of the country for most of the game. I see the Prince as being a better brother than Lym being a good sister, but Lym is so young, its tough to expect more of her. Nanami actually steps up and protects Riou numerous times and even takes an arrow to the chest for her brother. Thats above and beyond the call of duty. I don't think Cleo, Flare or Seneca would do that. I can see Cecile taking a hit for Thomas, but thats because she's so virtuous in her role as the castle guardian, not because she sees herself as a sister to Thomas. And I think Lym is too young to dive in front of an arrow for the Prince.

Nanami is the best sister figure thus far in Suikoden.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like lymiee she was actualy pretty cute didnt piss me off as much as nanami and she grew up you can see a huge change in the way she acts from when you're with her in the castle and then you're return shes completly differnt she steps up to the challenge of bein queen and slips every now and then but the next time you see her she's all royal again.

Also she doesnt spend as much time with you her struggle is more trying to be by your side again ratha then helping you win like the others appaired to do. also her quick temper always left me laughing who wouldnt atleast smile at the new queen dancing in a fit of rage towards 2 guards.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tough question. I`m torn between Nanami and Lymsleia. They are both very different sisters (big and little sister) but play their roles very well. In the end I guess I have to go with Nanami because of her unwavering loyalty to Riou. Even though she loathed the whole war and Riou`s being the hero she tagged along with him and made a great effort in being upbeat and cheerful. As for her being annoying on occasion: Heck, isn`t that what sisters are for? :*laugh*:
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definately choose Nanami out of this selection, I liked Cleo but loved how Nanami still bossed around and moaned at Riou even after he became the unification army leader.

I loved her personality, she was tomboyish but ultimately cared about Riou's well being and did not want to see her brother harmed whilst other men were around who she felt could lead the army.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axis

8709 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I adore Nanami. She really goes all out to help Riou, even by momentarily faking her death.

That and, the beginning part where she's introduced is hilarious (knocking Riou into the wall).
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami.

She always was on Riou's side...

She always wanted to be.

She protected Riou from Gorudo.

She carried Riou on the back to save him from Neclord's zombies.

She's the best.

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked Nanami, she was there with Riou the whole way and so many of the scenes were amusing because of the relationship between those two. Cecile is the only other one that really comes close, though they are more of a love story than a sibling relationship.

Lym was cute and her interactions with Freyjadour were amusing, the only thing I didn't like in that game was the seperation - sure I mean it was pivotal to the plot, but it took away all the brother/sister time that Riou had with Nanami. Course were I Freyjadour I'd rather run around with the cute Lyon without a sister chaperone :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: