Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hero's sister/sister like figure
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one do you think is the best?
Cleo os Suikoden I
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Nanami of Suikoden II
56%
 56%  [ 30 ]
Cecile of Suikoden III
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Flair of Suikoden IV
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Seneca of Suikoden Tactics
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Lymsleia os Suikoden V
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 53

redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Hero's sister/sister like figure Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally pick Nanami, she's the best.
Well Nanami has the most attitude among them, she is quite fiesty.
Nanami, even though she is not Riou's sister, she kinds of convinces me otherwise, I mean she does play the sister role quite well.
I like Nanami's involvement in the plot, the death, the revival, everything.
Lastly Nanami can't only play tough roles, she's also sensitive and quite strong.

Gotta love that pug-nosed shrimp, thatfrog faced tomboy...

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seneca for me on this poll. Seneca was actually one of the better characters of Tactics, and I think she employed the most care out of all of them.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Flare for me. Out of the Suikoden's i have played she didn't annoy the hell out of me (Nanami) or was completely uninteresting (Seneca). Lymsleia was a great character but i was disappointed she wasn't one of the SoD's. Flare is and she was one of the best characters in Tactics for battles. She was definitely the best of the archer characters in battles.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of the choices Nanami was given the most back plot and exposure. Nanami did annoy the heck out of players at times though, but shes my pick.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami for me. Out of all the choices, Nanami was the most sisterly/brotherly of them all. Her involvement in the plot was the best one out of all the others too. She did annoy some people though.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami it is. she was always there waking him up, making sure he went to bed etc, etc. she did get annoying really bad but she was a good character.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami was the most sister-like to me. The others aren't really the same save Lymselia and Flare, who Frejadour and Lazlo are seperated from most of the game, respectedly, and Flare never does find out; Cleo is more of a guardian, as is Seneca; Cecile seems to be more of a romantic interest to me, and Seneca kind of a combination mother older sister/guardian.

But the one I picked was Cecile. Simply because a) of the characters listed, Cecile is my favorite, and b) Cecile's the only one who really had no connection to the tenkai in the beginning, but formed quite a strong one by the end. She's completely and utterly determined to protect Thomas, and she'd do anything in her power to do so. And I like that about her.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Nanami was the most sister-like to me. The others aren't really the same save Lymselia and Flare, who Frejadour and Lazlo are seperated from most of the game, respectedly, and Flare never does find out; Cleo is more of a guardian, as is Seneca; Cecile seems to be more of a romantic interest to me, and Seneca kind of a combination mother older sister/guardian.

But the one I picked was Cecile. Simply because a) of the characters listed, Cecile is my favorite, and b) Cecile's the only one who really had no connection to the tenkai in the beginning, but formed quite a strong one by the end. She's completely and utterly determined to protect Thomas, and she'd do anything in her power to do so. And I like that about her.

Pretty much the same reasoning for me.

At the start of the game, Cecile wanted to protect Thomas because he was the master of the castle and it was her job. By the end of the game, she wanted to protect Thomas because he was Thomas. It was sweet.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer Nanami of all! not only does she remind me of my sis ... >.> but she made me laugh and well she really was responsible for not only Riou's actions but even at times Pilika's ... and she was always enthusiastic about her brother ... i love her ... it doesn't mean that i care thaaaaaaat much for my sister ...* rolling eyes and whistling*
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote goes to Nanami. Her characterisation is considered near perfect when it comes to playing the sister. Although I do find her a little bit annoying at times, but it is a realistic portrayal of an older sister. The minus point is that she tends to be selfish when it comes to serious situation. She shouldn't ask Riou to leave the army during Neclord's arc because it's the wrong time to do so.

Honorable mention goes to Cleo. I do find her stats is good. Furthermore, within the story, Leknaat gave her a fire rune, which is a testament to her as a guardian.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami. Her attitude was awesome and it was kind of funny/sad how bad recipes ended up being called Nanami <Whatever>. But it did piss me off when she did nothing during the the combo attack. D=

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seneca of Suikoden Tactics for me :)
she got her sweet love bird (Andarc) and always taking care of Kyril and the group 8-)
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Lymsleia the most. I think she's the best sister in the series. Not only that she fits the whole little sister role, she's actually the only one among all that being the sister matters into the storyline. So that's a big point for me.

Cleo is more like a guardian, and obviously not a real sister. The same goes for Cecile and Seneca. Both are guardians, though I do consider both to be more attached to Thomas and Kyril than Cleo to Tir, they're still not sisters. Also, Cleo barely interacts with Tir as "sister-like" person while Cecile is more like love interest or just best friend of Thomas. While there is a connection between them, it's not quite "sister-like". Seneca is more of a "mother-like" character in my opinion. So she's different.

Flare is obviously out of the picture because she doesn't even know that she's related to Lazlo. Therefore, no communication whatseover, and no connection between the two. Their relationship is very much like Ferid and Bernadette. No connection at all. So Flare is out.

That leaves me with Nanami and Lymsleia. While Sophita raised a good point about Lymsleia being separated to Frey for most of the game, I think that actually serves as even stronger bond as the war is pretty much between the two of them and their relationship with one another is even more important than ever.

What I find lacking in Nanami is that she is so very dominant that we see what she feels about Riou, but we don't really see much from Riou's side on how he feels about her. The interaction in Suikoden II is too one-sided until the moment where Nanami "died" and that doesn't work for me. On the other hand, in Suikoden V, though Frey is separated to Lymsleia in most of the game, the events at the beginning of the game showed how close they really are, and they really are like a family indeed.

Little things like how Miakis tricked Lymsleia into thinking that if Frey won the duel against Shoon would mean that they'd marry one another ended up with Frey explaining the truth to her because he's the big brother that cares about the little sister, and how he let Lymsleia to sleep in the same bed while at Lunas showed that he does love his sister too. It's not one-sided and I get the relationship between them.

So yeah, I pick Lymsleia. ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cecile. Nice to see her with Thomas.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Cecile. She's one of my favorite characters anyway. But if not for her, Thomas wouldn't have had the courage to fight Zexen. She's so cheerful and cute!

But on the topic, she seemed the most sisterly to me. Nanami would come second.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: