Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI: Mini-Games?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Suikoden VI: Mini-Games? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mini-games have been a part of Suikoden series since the very first game. There are some that we love, there are some that we hate. Which one do you guys want to see again in Suikoden VI? Which one do you not want to see ever again? Any new ideas for mini-game? Share it here.

Wants:
+ COOK-OFF!!! (I still can't believe that they haven't done it again due to the popularity)
+ Chinchirorin (I actually like the game, and even better if we can get unlimited bet)
+ Ritapon (One of the few bright points of Suikoden IV)
+ Matching picture thingy with Georges from Suikoden I (it's quite fun)
+ Treasure Hunting (is it a mini-game?)
+ Theater plays (it'd be cool to be able to act past games stories)

Please don't give us:
- Whatever that game that Linfa plays (gosh I hate that game so much)
- Noah's game!! *grumblegrumble*
- Spin top thingy from Suikoden IV

New Mini-Game ideas:
+ Duel Arena (solely for one-on-one duel for fun, and we'd get to see every playable character there, imagine being able to pit Miakis vs Lyon, that'd be fun)
+ Even better fishing game (Subala's fishing game is AWESOME, but make it even better if you could)

Any more ideas?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I was just about to make a thread about this myself...

Anyways, I'd love to see the return of the cook-off mini-game in Suikoden VI. In my opinion, that was the best mini-game the series has ever had. I'm still very surprised as to why Konami hasn't given us the cook-off even though a lot of people wanted it. I sure do hope that they would bring back the cook-off in Suikoden VI.

The other mini-games that I would like to return are chinchirorin, ritapon, and the theater. Chinchirorin was very handy in Suikoden I and Suikoden II. It almost always saved me from poverty when I was still playing the first two installments of the series. Ritapon was very addicting. It was one of the few good things in Suikoden IV, and I usually find myself playing Suikoden IV just to play this game. It's awesome. And the theater should make a return. It was fun to watch the Stars of Destiny do some acting even though some of them didn't fit their roles.

For the mini-games I don't want to have, I certainly do not want the net fishing mini-game to come back. It was very tiresome, and very time consuming. Sometimes, the rewards aren't even worth it. But that's just me, I guess.

As for new mini-game ideas, I would love to have a duel mini-game. I really love duels in the series, and I kinda feel bad that there are only a limited number of duels in a certain game. A duel mini-game would work wonders, I bet. Also, I'd like to have a war battle mini-game. Something like Elenor's in Suikoden IV, but better than that. War battles are also few in number, and having a mini-game on them would be very nice.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I'd really like to see the cook-offs, those were amazing. In fact I don't know why it wasn't in Suikoden V, I mean we had Retso and Shun Min! Yet no cook off contest?!

The duel arena sounds like a great idea actually, they should have had it in Suikoden V with Zegai running it or something, it can be like the "Fight" arena in Final Fantasy VII's Gold Saucer, that was very good. In fact, I demand this be put in Suikoden VI!!!

Please don't give us any of those crappy mini games which no one plays, like Linfa's... man that was a bad one.

I think they should just keep it simple and not attempt to create anything from scratch, that may be unimaginative and boring, but I think that's what the majority of Suikoden fans want.
L'Renouille

1836 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cook-off cook off and cook off.....
i think it was the best mini games ever..

i have an idea about dancing mini-games like 'dance dance revolution'.. but using keypad to match the command.

does suikoden world dosen't have their own sport?? maybe konami should thinks about suikoden sport and bring the sport into suikoden VI mini-games...
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

definetely cook-off

I believe it is the best among all the mini-games, I mean I was entertained by it the most.

I mean the cook-off seemed the most worthwhile to do among all the mini-games, some of the other mini-games are just either boring/lousy but not the cook-off, it was so great

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since S6 is going to be nextgen, why not make combat, skills and runic training to become minigames. Instead of just using SP to raise skill levels why not actually have to pass minigames (not too difficult that you waste SP, but hard enough that it becomes a challenge and fun to do) to raise the skills you want improved.

The same could be said for upgrading weapons. Why not make the smithies who can raise weapons ask for specific items, or do simple quests for them to upgrade people's weapons. I know the potch thing is much simpler, but it can also be quite time consuming in trying to get enough potch to get all the important SoD's weapons maxed out. Why not let the area and region around each particular smithy have the items you need to get a certain weapon upgraded. There's still going to be some grinding to get the items, but surely they can make it so that it'll be less time consuming that getting enough potch saved up.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that is an interesting idea, Tullaryx.

However, I do wonder though. Would it be too frustrating? I mean, let's not forget that Suikoden has a lot of playable characters. If we have to mini-games everytime we want to skill up, sharpen weapon, etc for every single character, then that's going to be too much and could put off players to try out many characters.

What I think would be better (or more practical) is if we simply implement the mini-game/sidequest if we want to get S-rank skill, and weapon level 16. That way, we won't have to do too many things, but still get extra thing to do. And different character can have different mini-game/sidequests for their weapon level 16 (depending on their weapon), while they would have different things to do for skill rank S depending on the type of skill (maybe Magic would have mini-game related to magic while Parry would have different game, etc).

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frustrating only for those who seem to want to bring all combat Stars of Destiny characters' skill levels to their highest point and same for their weapons. But for those who have figured out which characters make for the best combination of teams it shouldn't be too time consuming.

An example would be for a tank character with a huge axe for a weapon. Let's say the smithy who can forge his/her weapon two more levels higher than the previous smithy may ask for a stack of a special alloy that could only be found when searching the body of a certain monster. Ok, that sounds like it could be difficult, but then the surrounding region outside the town this smithy resides in has such monsters who has a 1 in 8 chance of dropping said alloy. Even a better rate if one carried an accessory which raised the rate of treasure drops.

It doesn't even have to be justfarming for items. Certain smithies may just want a quest done. Something small like killing a certain mini-boss monster that's been harrassing miners which has made the supply of iron ore come in at a trickle. The combinations are pretty numerous and it gives the player a chance to actually see more and experience more of the game's environment instead of trying to go from one place to another as quickly as possible with grinding for potch and skill points the only thing that slows them down.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I want is a duel game.

All I have ever wanted, ever since I played the first Suikoden all those years ago, was a duel game.

Give me a duel game, Konami.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hell, why not put a reward system on the duel game. The stronger the opponent the more exp/sp one gets in addition to potch.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

COOK OFF i would sell my grandmothers left eyeball for them to introduce it back onto the series, i miss it so much, sometimes it would be the only reason that i would play Suikoden II, and to give us Retso in Suikoden V but no cook off, well that way just mean!

Also i would like to see the return of Ritapon, that was a good game but i never want to see her stupid elemental tile game from tactics ever again, that was just so luck based and icky.

A duel Arena.... could be interesting, i think we should also have something similar to the training arena in Suikoden IV only something where you could pit two teams against each other and bet on the winner, the more powerful the teams the bigger the bets.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one little idea is more cosmetic but I usually get a kick out of getting them in games which implement them. For duels, if the main hero duels one of the SoD tank characters and wins the duel they don't just get rewarded with potch, SP and EXP but also a new title proclaiming their new accomplishment.

Let's say one duel in S5 had the Prince having to duel fight all the beavers at once in an arena. Beavers are pretty hilarious and weak on their own, but as a group they may give the Prince a hard time. Now, let's say the duel goes to the Prince. He is now given the title of Beaver-beater as a title. Hilarious and a bit of an innuendo which S5 seem to have alot of. Titles could be collected by the tenkai and any other character used in the the arena.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Frustrating only for those who seem to want to bring all combat Stars of Destiny characters' skill levels to their highest point and same for their weapons. But for those who have figured out which characters make for the best combination of teams it shouldn't be too time consuming.

But you must also remember that it's not like we got all 108 SoD at once. Therefore, there are times when we must use certain characters that we don't like because they're forced into the party, and we still have to sharpen their weapon to make use of them (e.g.: Lorelai, Maroon, and Zweig joining for Ceras Lake Ruins with level 1 weapon, we are left with the choice of not using them or sharpen their weapon to be useful).

Also, when you said "for those who have figured out which characters make best combination", you must also remember that it takes time through trying out many different characters to know which combination is the best. And when we try different characters, obviously we'd need them up-to-date in terms of power. Otherwise there's no point in comparing character A with level 10 weapon and character B with level 1 weapon.

So it's not because we want everyone to the highest skill or weapon level, but there are times when we have to do so to many different characters.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Cuckooguy

888 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like an activity that makes the most of the population of the SoDs in your castle. In that case, I'd love an arm wrestling competition, but just not as sucky as recruiting Emily from SIII. Actually, I think the final boss should be the person who has the same star as Ronnie Bell and Emily.
Cloudless Eye

Advance Pawns

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be sweet to have another cooking mini-game in the new one. I mean, come on, that game was awsome, as simple as it is.. Anyways.. It'd also be pretty cool to have something like a scavenger hunt. Almost like digging for treasure, but a little bit on more of a grand scale.

They should bring back that mini-game that you scale the mountain cliff with ropes. I got some decent items from that! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: