Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Epic Duels
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Epic Duels Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has been on my mind for quite some time actually, and I finally decided to make a thread about it. There have been many one on one duels in Suikoden series happening, and there are even MORE that I wished would've happened between certain characters.

Sooo ....

Which duels would you like to see? And who will win that duel according to you?

A few that comes up to me are:

Camus/Miklotov vs Seed/Culgan
Not a two on two, but any of the two Matilda Knights against either of the two Highland Generals. I think it's a very interesting match up because both are definitely great fighters and I think with their high ranks, we can see classy battle going on. I think it's going to be a close one, but I'm actually thinking that Camus would be the one winning the battle because he's good at both magic and battle, and most likely still smarter than Culgan. >.>

Yuber vs Georg Prime
No, I'm not going for Yuber vs Pesmerga, but against Georg Prime instead. The one said to be the best swordsman against the one that loves chaos with a True Rune in him. I would think that Yuber is going to win it just because I don't think we've seen Yuber all-out so far, and I'm sure he'll be far stronger when he does unleash his full power.

So what about yours? Share your epic duels with us.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had my Luc vs. Sasarai, so I can die happy, but I suppose something like Geddoe vs. Georg would be cool.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg Prime Vs. Luca Blight

I honestly think, since Luca is supposedly strongest man alive... but Georg is the most skilled swordsman alive...this oughta make a nice duel...

Another one I'd like to see, as odd as it sounds, is Geddoe (with suppressed True lightning, to be fair) vs. Flik

they're both openly lightning affiliated, and they seem to be about on par as far as reputation... I think it should make for an excellent duel...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor Versus Flik, just so that we could all settle on one as superior to the other.

Humphrey Versus Kruetz, even though it's very obvious that Humphrey would wipe the floor with him.

Simeon versus Crowley, if the inklings I've gotten from Simeon's dialogue and character are correct, he's somewhere on par with the ancient wizards, being that as far as we can see, he's conquered the laws of time and space without the use of a true rune.

Valeria versus Anita, just to settle things.

And I would've liked to have seen Yuebr versus Pesmerga after as their duel did take place and Pesmerga was left with a wound, but still alive.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:

Valeria versus Anita, just to settle things.

I do believe it was settled... 10 times, it's a well known fact ( as it is stated within suikoden II [no special sources needed lol]) that Valeria is superior to Anita...

plus, these duels are like...not supposed to have been carried out before...

Hey, I'm not gonna tell anyone what they need to do, I'm in no place.. :)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds and Sharmista. Don't they have the same weapon? haha.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way too many to count; these are the top of my personal wish list.

Georg vs. Richard

After I found out what kind of swordsman Richard was (both gameplay and storyline) I was extremely upset that he didn't get a chance to shine in the Sacred Games. Writing him out of it wasn't fair regardless of the fact he wouldn't fit well into the main plot. I'm sure he would have won that tournament had he not eaten that poisoned candy. At the very least, you could duel Childerich with him, but that's not enough. I want him to fight someone with true skill.

This is where Georg comes in. He's seen as a powerful swordsman, but something tells me that he's also a finesse swordsman like Viktor was. That blade technique of his seems to rely on hitting weak points, which would make his style technical/power based. Richard's skill is focused on his speed and skill, so I believe he would match well against Georg. Technique and Power vs. Technique and speed. That would have been a very impressive duel to watch.

Luca Blight vs. Childerich

I can't stand Childerich. He was a sorry excuse for a villain. He was way too shallow for me. I want this match just to see how fast Luca makes mincemeat out of him. Suikoden 5's enemy personalities had nothing on Suikoden 5's ally personalities.

Leknaat vs. Windy

Likely a dream scenario more than anything, but I'd like to see these two solve their differences. I thought it was a fluke how Leknaat couldn't stop Luc; I figured she did that on purpose. With Windy, I imagine, we'd see the extent of their powers. Of course, Leknaat has been hiding from Windy prior to the incident at the Hanging Gardens, so I doubt she'd be looking for the match up anyway.

Luc vs. Sasarai

Already happened, I know, but redo the fight anime style with action sequences. The contest should last at least 20 minutes.

Morgan and Shoon vs. Wabaka and Long Chan Chan

I'd enjoy a tag team martial arts battle with the four of them. I'm sure there would be high flying moves all around the battlefield.

Clive vs. Cathari

No real bullets; blanks only. First to 10 hits loses.

Lyon vs. Miakis

My favorite duel paring. It's a shame that Lyon didn't duel her at Doraat instead of Freyjadour. I think that match up would have been a very good test of skill between the two. I figure that their bodyguard nature forces both of them to duel defensively. It would have been a duel of strategy. Of course, it's would be for practice only.

Another fun alternative is to take away their weapons and give them tennis rackets, tennis balls and outfits. But that's probably not the kind of duel we're talking about here. But it'd be entertaining!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm still waiting for the infamous yuber vs. pesmerga battle to happen.

others i like to see are, viktor vs. flik, riou vs. tir, georg prime vs. ferid, belcoot vs. richard, geddoe vs. chris, mazus vs. crowley.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber vs. Pesmerga

I want to see the world implode. :P No just kidding, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say during the fight though, that and why they're fighting. Also we're never really sure on who is stronger... Pesmerga could be hiding something quite special for all we know.

Viktor vs. Flik

Just so once and for all, we can see whos stronger, and who will cry like a baby at the end of it. I get the feeling Flik would win, in a traditional comic style with Viktor complaining about the sun light being in his eyes or something.

Tir vs. Riou

Yes! The heroes of Suikoden I and II going head to head! Who is the stronger hero? No one knows!!! They both have True Runes, or at least parts of one, though admittedly Tir's is actually a True Rune, but I wonder just without magic how it'd go.

Windy vs. Sarah

The two ultimate women magicians going head to head? Both have myterious powers not of the Suikoden world, and Windy has a part of the Gate Rune which is a True Rune, while Sarah just has freaky abnormal powers, it's a tough one.

Hayashi Ujitsuna vs. Anekoji Tadakatsu

Georg Prime vs. Luca Blight

I'd like to see who would actually win in this duel. I think if they actually put this in the game, they'd make sure Luca Blight would always be winning and chasing after Georg, but when you compare the two... Georg Prime equally kicks as much ass. Rock on Georg.

Ferid vs. Georg Prime

This would be a fight I would love to see, although apparently they've dueled before, there wasn't really a clear winner, and Ferid has been rumoured to beat Georg without runic magic, which puts them both on an even playing field if only in a physical fight.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber vs. Pesmerga

This has to be first on the list. This duel right here should settle things for our two fan favorites, and would probably settle the entire Suikoden series as well. No doubt it would be an epic duel, seeing as both Yuber and Pesmerga are very powerful in their own right. It should be something nice to see.

Ferid Egan vs. Georg Prime

I would love to see this fight. It has been said that the only person who can match Georg one on one without runes would be Ferid, and seeing them in a duel would be the ultimate proof for that. Another reason why I want to see this duel happening is because I haven't seen Ferid fight before. Of course I know that he is good, probably even one of the best swordsmen in the land, but I'd like to see for myself just how good he is.

Luca Blight vs. Childerich

Ah, the battle of the psychos. This should be a great (and bloody) sight to see. Both of them are good competitors in their own right, and both of them apparently share the same love for killing, mutilating and torturing people. This duel should settle who is the official psychopath of the Suikoden world.

That's about all that I can think of at the moment. I'll try to think of other ones later on.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for obvious reasons, I'd like to see Yuber/Pesmerga, Leknaat/Windy and Luc/Sasarai, but that's just too easy to ask for.

I'd prefer to see Viki vs Jeane sometime. I mean...they're both in every game.

I think Zerase vs Eresh would be interesting.

Killey vs Lorelai....just 'cause.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

George Prime vs Ferid (Georg would win. Ferid HASN'T beaten Georg people. The Queens Knights said he is the only one who stands a chance, not that he has won. Ferid is good, but Georg is better)

Pesmerga vs Yuber (Draw or Pesmerga would win. And whoever said they dueled and Pesmerga was wounded, that's not true. All we know is that they met briefly and dueled at the end of Suikoden I but it was indecisive. Probably got interrupted or Yuber left when his army started to lose)

George Prime vs Kasim Hazil (Both in the 6 great generals, both expert swordsman. Georg is better though)

Luca vs Georg (Georg may be the best swordsman, but Luca would kill him :( ))

Luca vs Yuber (Both evil chaotic powerful beings. SL wise it would seem Luca is more powerful, and I'm tempted to say he would win... However I think Yuber might be more powerful all in all)

Pesmerga vs Luca (Both superstrong and powerful, much like the one above. And for the same reason, Pesmerga wins)

Victor vs. Pahn (Gonna go with Victor)

Alen and Grenseal vs Camus and Mikoltov (Seriously, these guys are pretty much the same people :? draw )

Yuber vs Neclord (I know everyone would think Yuber... but I'm not so sure.)

Humphrey vs Kwanda (Humphrey would win because I like him more. How's that for logic!)

Flik vs. Kyle (Flik.)

Flik vs Rahal (Flik again, duh)

Nanami vs. Lyon (Hm. Pretty close. Dunno. I'm tempted to say Nanami cause I like her more, but prolly Lyon)

Tir vs HeroV (Are you serious? Tir would pwn him)

Tir vs. Riou (Close... Tir edges him tho)

Riou vs. HeroV (HeroV still sucks. Close, but Riou wins)

Jowy vs. Tir (Tir pwns)

Windy vs. Tir (Windy kills him and takes Souleater)

Crowley vs. Luc, Sarah, Mazus, Simeon, Jeane, Viki, Warlock, anyone else who
claims to be Crowley's apprentice and/or beaten him at the same time
(Crowley wins)

Oh, one more...

Mathiu vs. Shu (Shu wins, cause Mathiu always has his eyes closed. OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES MATHIU!)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoGator wrote:
And whoever said they dueled and Pesmerga was wounded, that's not true.

Actually Gator, look it up. It's directly stated that Pesmerga was injured in the fight. Realistically Pesmerga doesn't stand a chance in a fight against Yuber. Sure he has defense and HP out the wazoo but his hit percentage is in the tubes and with Yuber's parry, any hit that even came close would be blocked away. Plus, Yuber's speed is through the roof. In any simulation, based on stats, Yuber would win hands down. In any simulation, based on story, from what we've witnessed, Yuber would dominate the fight.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but you can't count out the underdog scarlet. alot of times the underdog can come out on top even when their opponent dominates them.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Actually Gator, look it up. It's directly stated that Pesmerga was injured in the fight. Realistically Pesmerga doesn't stand a chance in a fight against Yuber. Sure he has defense and HP out the wazoo but his hit percentage is in the tubes and with Yuber's parry, any hit that even came close would be blocked away. Plus, Yuber's speed is through the roof. In any simulation, based on stats, Yuber would win hands down. In any simulation, based on story, from what we've witnessed, Yuber would dominate the fight.

Actually ...
Suikox Character List wrote:
He joins the Toran Liberation Army and later the Dunan Unification Army in hopes of finding Yuber. He does find Yuber at Gregminster following the defeat of the Imperial Army outside Gregminster. There Yuber uses the "Eight Devil Formation" which was a magical formation that would have forced the Liberation Army to become confused during battle. Pesmerga was able to see through this and lead a charge against the only weak spot in the formation, disrupting Yuber's ranks. He found Yuber and a duel ensued, but Yuber ran away after only a few strikes. During the Dunan Unification War, he joined the New Allied Army to find Yuber, but he was unable to face off with him because Yuber ran away before he reached his unit. Since then, Pesmerga's whereabouts are unknown.

So there was no mention about Pesmerga being injured by Yuber at all. What happened was simply Yuber running away after a few strikes. To me, it's illogical for Yuber to be winning but then choosing to run away instead. Therefore, it's more logical to assume that Pesmerga was actually the one with the upper hand instead.

And for you to say that realistically Pesmerga had no chance in a fight against Yuber is totally wrong. Not for me to say that Pesmerga would win for sure, but if he has no chance to win, I doubt that Pesmerga would be stupid enough to actually chase Yuber. The fact that Pesmerga did chase Yuber, and Yuber did run away from their duel showed that Pesmerga definitely has a chance to win.

Your argument about gameplay stats is totally ignorable. If we want to use gameplay element, then we can simply say that Yuber has been beaten many times in the game, so he sucks. But that's not the case.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we know Yuber's stat through Suikoden III, and we know that Suikoden III has different stats than Suikoden I/II where Pesmerga showed up. Therefore, there is no proper comparison at all between the two.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyways, going back to the original topic. I think a one-on-one duel between each Queen's Knight would be very interesting. Imagine a duel tournament using round robin rules with Ferid, Georg, Kyle, Zahak, Galleon, Alenia, Miakis, and Lyon in it. That's going to be quite an awesome tournament. I'd go with Ferid being the winner, then Georg, Kyle, Miakis, Galleon, Zahak, Lyon, and Alenia being the weakest one who loses every single duel.

I'd also like to see Joshua Levenheit vs Humphrey Mintz duel. Humphrey is all about defense, while I have no clue what Joshua can do. I really hope Joshua would win that one.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: