Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Corrupt govenment officials

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Corrupt govenment officials Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you think should be done to them?

I for one just want them suspended from position...Although permanently taking them from position could be a good idea, that is if they really are proven to be corrupt that is.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't like politics. I'd say replace them. Ha, I live in Louisiana...which has a history of corrupt government officials.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well they should definatly be replaced. The whole reasoning behind a republic is that the officials are a representative of the people. So unless the people want their official to be acting this way (which we can assume they do not or they would not be considerd currupt) they should be replaced. Unless that person is really liked, then maby just a suspension or something serious enough to know not to act that way again.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decapitation simply because their corruption hurts the state and the people. The consequences of their actions may not be felt right away but rest assured it is there and it would only bring more ruin to the system that they are part of. Their examples will be referenced in the future and followed by the later generations.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Build a race of humanoids that do not understand what greed is. In all honesty, that is the only way to solve this problem. All government officials are greedy. And if they aren't, they will become that way. You have to be greedy and a scumbag just to get into that position. I think the prequisite is completing the "Asshole Gauntlet"

This problem will never be solved, and will plague us until the end of mankind. Luckily, at this rate, it won't be a long time of suffering >.>

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should definitely be replaced, but it's hard to find someone that ISN'T corrupted by greed. Politicians are mainly all about greed, one way or another. It's easier to stuff your pockets than care about a whole countries welfare.

I'm not saying they don't do their job, but they've definitely done something on the side which benefits themselves more than anyone else.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you all heard of William Jefferson. He is currently under investigation for corruption charges. Once again, a possible corrupt official from my state. And as Senator Larry Craig from Idaho stated in 2005, Louisiana is just as corrupt as Iraq.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone with power will eventually will become corrupt. I would know since there is a lot of corruption where I come from.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bet majority of the people in the government (atleast in the Philippines) are corrupt but the problem is there is no way of finding who they are. There have been laws that give sanctions to corruption but the bigger problem is how do we know who's who? We can't exactly read their minds can we? Even if a certain council was made to check out the corruption, who knows they might be corrupt themselves. I don't think man will ever find a "PEACEFUL" way of wiping out corruption. Corruption is part of being human I think. Even if we don't do corrupt things, we still have the intentions or atleast thats what I think.

In the paragraph before this, I said peaceful because theres this certain story I read. In the world of that story, after their term, the politicians (all the politicians may it be a low position or not, righteous or not) will be killed infront of the public. I wondered what is this story trying to say? Its basically saying that if politicians or future politicians know they will be killed in the end of their term then, why be corrupt? They won't enjoy the fruits of their labor afterwards anyway. Most probably, they will try their best to be the best politicians they can be so that people don't look at them with disgust when they have died. At least, they will say, "Ahhhhhh..... This man did a fine job."

Sure, you may say that the politician could do it for his family but atleast, we know this politician didn't do it for his own selfish desires but for someone. Besides, it will be obvious anyway and the cash given can be reclaimed by the country :).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: