Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zweig...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Slick Zweig
Slick doesn't even begin to cover it. He's slicker than slick.
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Slick Zweig is SLICK
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
He's cool, but not quiet cool enough to be called slick.
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Meh. He's okay, I guess...
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
I don't like him.
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Slick? The dude's a jackass. He should go to Hell. And he will.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not really slick but he is ok.

That and hee's a jerk whose real intention in life is the sindar mystery. there's really nothing much too say about him. But although he's somewhat interesting, I can't really call him slick :twisted:

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He is ok but when i thought of him when he was introduced i also thought he was gonna be someone like Yuber, or some sort of power house while he really kinda dissapointed me because he seemed like a rip off of Killey, because of his attitude and just the way he looks.
shadow_Hiei

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killey

Zweig's cool. Killey's just a rude jerk.
pearl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

slick?^_^ well he's quite slick. according to the story, To have people like Killey and Lorelai stick around means he's REALLY smart. But Zweig dialogues in the game were quite poor..... as you said,it seems like this character's lack of development. His words need to be sounds more intelligent I think.
For the battles,oh yeah....he sucks...but not that bad,since he's one of my spoil children.(I gave him everything good for the stats!)
But afterall,I want to see him again! It would be cool if he's still alive after events of Suiko 2 or 3. (But he's going to be very,very old...man he's 39 already in V...*sigh*)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm indifferent. At first I was really excited to meet Zweig because he looked cool and I thought he'd be a reasonably major character, but then I recruited him... and he was mean... and an average fighter... and then he did nothing but stand on the roof of the castle and snark at Frey. What a let-down.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Zweig, but it's primarily because I'm dressing my boyfriend up as him for the Renaissance festival we have by us every late spring. ^^ He's gorgeous.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig reminds me of Lezard Valeth of Valkyrie Profile. He is not all that important, but he isn't as annoying as Killey.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he is ok, but not as much as to be slick at all.
The false danger feeling, yeah that was quite tricky, maybe Lucretia wanted to mean that you shouldnt make any sindar jokes or urinate in the ruins...maybe then he would really have got mad at you...and probaly would politely adviced you: 'young man do not spill your urea residues on the magnificent Sindar ruins, please' :*laugh*:

Seriously I found Zweig ok, but not as much as to be oftenly in my party
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't say that I like him but I also can't say that I don't like him, so I voted "He's okay". When I have to take him with me he's always in the entourage, I only have him in my party when I'm forced to do it.
Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that Zweig is pretty dang slick and cool.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Said false expectations did a lot to hurt my final verdict of him. Kill Frey? Yeah right, in his sleep maybe! :*laugh*:

Then again, I suppose Zweig`s stats and thus his usefulness as a fighter are not really in sinc with the actual story. Think about Georg in Suikoden 2: he was pretty strong allright but his stats hardly warranted 'most powerful swordsman in the world' or something. Likewise, Zweig was probably intended as a pretty dangerous guy story-wise but just suffered from ingame stat-screwage. Still, it cracked me up when Georg openly questioned his reliability as a fighter in the final dungeon.

Personalitywise, I just plain disliked the guy. That means he is a character I would dislike in real life and any character that can make me experience genuine antipathy can`t be a badly done character, now can he. By the way, am I the only one who thinks he looks like Andarc?

Last edited by Splendid Monkey on Sat May 19, 2007 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disliked Zweig after entering one battle with him. He wasn't especially good in battle, he reminds me of Lezard Valeth with a few extra modifications and a pallette change.

He comes across as a jerk in terms of personality, and he isn't exactly attractive either. If you're going to be a crappy character, at least have some appeal to make it up, so people will WANT to use you.

The ONLY purpose he served (other than his part in the story) was probably his Treasure Hunt ability which was helpful in farming Prosperity pieces.

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig is a twat. I found nothing interesting about him (see John Layfield's post about his Sindar knowledge), he is stuck up, insulting and his "skill" is rather limited all things considered.

He can take Lorelai and Killey with him and burn in hell. Maybe, just maybe, Suikoden will have a character that knows about the Sindar who is interesting or even - dare I say it - personable.

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's okay. Not the nicest guy, not the coolest guy, not the most special Suikoden guy, in my opinion.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boring does not equal slick. And that's all I have to say about that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: