Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zweig...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Slick Zweig
Slick doesn't even begin to cover it. He's slicker than slick.
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Slick Zweig is SLICK
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
He's cool, but not quiet cool enough to be called slick.
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Meh. He's okay, I guess...
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
I don't like him.
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Slick? The dude's a jackass. He should go to Hell. And he will.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

shadow_Hiei

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Zweig... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit, why did they have to make him so mediocre in combat?! He's got one of the coolest character designs in the game, and his attitude is awesome. He's too slick to be wasted like that...
paolomiguel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's cool but not quite cool enough to be called slick

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I think of slick, I think of an oil spill.

Zweig actually looks like he has pretty decent skin - no pimples! - so I don't think he's quite so slick.

Oh, you meant cool? He's alright, but I think Lorelai and Killey are even better. :*laugh*: I'd like to see Zweig again though.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig is good guy but not the coolest character in Suikoden V by far. Gizel is quite "slick" by certain definitions though.

Zweig just doesn't have enough development for me. When you think about it, there's very little we do know about him other than being a scholar of Sindar for the sake of knowledge. Killey is a bit of a git to everyone, but it's fun to watch him put Zweig in his place.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Zweig was worthy of any praise, but we all have our favorite characters even if they're not the best I guess. He was weak in battle, he was more annoying to me than anything, and I really didn't care for it when he'd force his way in the party. Yeah, thankfully there was the 4 person convoy ability, but it still took away from useful support people, since if he was going then you could just about bet that Lorelai was going to tag along as well. Basically after realizing he was only a mediocre character in battle, I kept him out of my party as much as possible.

~Uguu!~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zweig was just a medicore character, no real inside info on him besides being a scholar. if they gave him more character development he would be a lot better, but since he didn't he didn't get much praise.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Flik_19

500 Potch
35 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya i think Zweig was kindof a prick anyways. He's not that cool he just has kindof this whole i'm to good for you attitude.He has a great knowledge of the Sindar and stuff like that. But he really just uses the Prince for his research and he's not even good in battle. There's really no point in using him at all. But my real question is what happens to Zweig between Suikoden 5 and 1/2?You see characters such as Killey and Lorelai but no Zweig.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He probably got in a fight with a bonbon and got killed.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig's really cool.

Well, he did suck gameplay-wise. And he's sort of a jackass. But storywise, Zweig's a cool guy. His role on the game's pretty cool, and at times when he's forced in your party it's fun to try and use him and get something right out of him.

So yeah, I like Zweig.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was ok enough but like some I didn't use him much in my main party. Only when I had to create multiple parties did he became useful enough to use.

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Zweig is kind of real big prick and just one thing on his mind and does not care whats going on around him like a war and all he wants is to find Relics by the Sindars and does not anyone but he self to be aloud to go in them thinking he's tell people that they can not go in and to leave now what a prick he is i hope he falls down a deep hole and can not get out.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never used him. If he was required for the story, he would always be in the caravan while every one else did real work. I mean, it's impractical to use him in Ceras Lake the first time through because his weapon is pitifully weak and his defense is less that stellar. Still, he does become a somewhat competent magician, so I said he was okay.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig's mediocre, but he's an ok character gameplay-wise to say so the least. He's not the best out there gameplay-wise, and he's not the worst either. The only thing I dislike about him is that he gets forced into my party plenty of times, and his mediocrity doesn't really help much at all. I'm not really bothered by this, since this is just a very minor thing and can be solved pretty easily by just putting him in the entourage.

Storywise, I find Zweig to be quite a cool character. Although he can be quite a prick with that attitude of his, it fits his personality really well. I was really hoping that he would receive some more character development, but he didn't. I think he would've been a better character if he did receive some more development than what was given to him in Suikoden V.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Lucretia first mentioned you'd be meeting someone who was potentially evil, I had in my head that it'd be Windy or something. When I saw Zweig I thought... okay, he has glasses, but he seems to know his stuff. Then after that I just realised how useless he was, not just in battles, but annoying when hes forced on your party to be used.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zweig suffers from Suikoden V's random-ass characterisation and development.

Lucretia telling you how Zweig would potentially murder you, pretty much on sight, was a pile of rubbish and most likely designed to give a sense of false danger. At best it's an informed attribute, at worse it's just really crappy writing.

Zweig's just a jerk. There's nothing special about him. He knows slightly more about the Sindar than Lorelai or Killey. Oooh, how interesting seeing as he'll never tell you anyway.

Man, even Killey attacked Alex in Suikoden II.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: