Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite Band, Film, Book?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Favourite Band, Film, Book? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to ask games, because, well I wanted to do something slightly different than that...so anyway; pretty simple really, just want to get a feel of things.
What is your favourite:
1 - Band
2 - Film
3 - Book

1 - For me, my favourite band are either No Use For A Name of Swingin' Utters (however there are hundreds more, but those CD's seem to stay in my stereo more than the rest!)

2 - Either Spirited Away, American History X or SLC Punk

3 - Abhorsen by Garth Nix or Incompetn(e)ce by Rob Grant

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 - Last week, I'd have said Iron Maiden. But I just got a CD that's so unbelievably awesome that the band has unseated Maiden at the top of the list. My current favorite band is Thyrfing, followed by Death, Iron Maiden, In Flames, Symphony X, While Heaven Wept, Lacuna Coil, Kreator, Elvenking and a whole slew of other bands no one's ever heard of.

2 - I don't really go to the movies much. The last movie I saw was Van Helsing, which stunk badly, and before that it was Shrek. For now, I guess my favorite movie is the Shawshank Redemption.

3 - I don't read nearly as much as I should, so I don't really have a favorite.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember me a friend went to see Berzerker in Australia last year and it was so aggresive I got my lip ring torn out - that is pain!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. 3 Doors Down.

2. Not really a big fan of movies. Although I know everything about Hollywood... there are no breathtaking movies out there for me so I'll just say Hot Chick for being plain stupid and funny.

3. Thorsday Night
Assistant to Milich

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. U2. (That may just be the shortest possible answer to this question... Unless someone likes a band with a name like J...]

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Or , the tried and tested Shawshank.

3. My favourite book would probably be Don Quixote.
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1- X-Japan, they're great, too bad they don't exist anymore =(

2- Don't really have one favorite movie.. it's to many

3- I think I'll have to say it's Musashi, although it's kinda slow sometimes, it's a great book. Didn't read many books though, should read more =p
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 - Tied between Enigma, REM and U2.

2 - Pleasantville.

3 - Probably Fatherland, by Robert Harris. One of those 'alternate history' books.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 - Radiohead/Pink Floyd tie

2 - Ahh, Shawshank... I do enjoy it, but my absolute favorite would have to be ... Apocalypse Now.

3 - Catch-22 (just wrote a giant research paper on it too, so it's surprising that I still like it.)
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1)At the moment my favourite band is Iron Maiden, but that could change at any time :).

2)Either the Matrix or the LOTR movies. The best things come in threes.

3)His Dark Materials by Robert Pullman.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1- A Perfect Circle. There are many more, but that'd be the most fave for the time being.

2- The LOTR movies. There are also many others, like Mononoke Hime, Grave of the fireflies(the one movie i love, but never want to watch again) Road to Perdition, etc.. But again, LOTR would be my most favourite.

3- Since LOTR is in the movie category, i'll say The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho.

All the way to the edge of this world
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont have a favoite band as i only listen to soundtracks but one of my faviote composers is christopher franke who (along with the berlin orchestra) created unique music for EVERY single of babylon 5.

Movies would have to to go to THE ROCK, and Babylon 5:In the Begining.

Book would have to go to : Babylon 5: To Dream In The City Of Sorrows

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fragola

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Band: Mmm... Probably this Mexican group called Kabah, when I think about it, since it's the only band of which I own all the CDs.
2. Movie: The Neverending Story (the first one!), Return to Oz (with Fairuza Balk), The Princess Bride, and Spirited Away...in that order! ^_^;;
3. Book: "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende (but "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery comes veeerrry close)
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Band: Pink Floyd
2. Movie: LOTR Trilogy, Star Wars series
3. Book: Suikoden 3 manga
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bands - Too many.
Movie - Hmm....We Were Soldiers was pretty good. Last Samurai touched me in ways I've never been touched.
Book - The Silmarillion, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Hobbit. Ah yes. I cann't forget the Deptford Trilogy (Fifth Business, The Manticore, The World of Wonders)
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Band- Van Halen

Movie- Currently Kill Bill Vol. 1

Book-Right now it's The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian by Robert E. Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: