Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There aren't that many Wii owners in here, but for those of you that do have the system, I recommend getting this game especially if you have other people to play with.

For those new to the Wario Ware series, it's basically a game where you're supposed to perform specific actions in a very short amount of time. The main story mode consists of these games and you have a limited amount of lives to do it. While the story isn't spectacular (I actually don't know if the given plot can actually be considered a story) the mini games make up for it.

The music is pretty standard, although it does get catchy at times. Nothing special about it, but some people will definitely like some of the tracks. Off the top of my head, I thought Club Sugar and Club Spicy's theme was fun.

The concept of the Wii Remote makes the Wii version of Warioware much more hands on than the DS version. Unlike the pen, you are able to hold the Wii Remote in different ways to accomplish different tasks. This ranges from pointing and clicking like a remote all the way to using the remote as a steering wheel. Despite challenges not lasting more than 10 seconds, they get very challenging especially when the goals aren't clear. But one thing is for sure, the mini-games are fun. Some of them are even based on classic Nintendo games, so look out for that.

Multi-player isn't unlocked at the beginning. you have to play through the main game first. But most of the time, you're sharing one remote regardless if you have 2 or 12 players (maximum) playing. Still, because the length of challenges is short, this is not bothersome at all. In that sense, the transition between players is much better than Rayman: Raving Rabbits. The games involving multiplayers have additional gimmicks not available in the single player game. But most of the time, you're sharing one remote anyway, so you can play by yourself if you feel like unlocking all the multi-player games.

This game is pure fun thanks to all the wackiness. People can't help but look silly when they play some of the games. I called over everyone that wasn't busy and we played the entire afternoon. A lady friend got stuck playing a dancing mini-game and we all died when she had to tap the remote on her butt like a tambourine.

This game isn't online compatible, sadly. But it's not one of the games that needed to be online. The real fun is seeing the person look weird while they play the mini games.

If you have a Wii you should check out this game. Even better, if you have friends with Wiis, have everyone chip in and buy the game. You really only need one copy.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed it for about a day, but managed to do pretty much everything there is to do within it during that single day. I was disappointed with the multi-player, I didn't feel like it was essentially all that different from the single player most of the time, except that you're taking turns with someone else; I had hoped for something a bit more like the Wii Play multi-player games. I think the best bit about the game was when it was describing new ways in which to use your 'Form Baton'.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is wario ware smooth moves already out? i should go out and buy it. my wii has been a little lonely since i beat trauma center...

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think this game is a waste of 50 dollars.

I have played all the other wario wares, the first one for the gba being my favorite and i can honestly say this game lacks the game and just the fun of the others in my opinion.

The extremely short single player is mirrored by a extremely boring multiplayer where one mishap means you have to restart. i wish they made it like the gamecube one where you have multiple chances liek the singleplayer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: