Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who Would Of Made The Better Queen?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Would of Made The Better Queen?
Arstaht
65%
 65%  [ 21 ]
Sialeeds
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Haswar
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Flik_19

500 Potch
35 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Who Would Of Made The Better Queen? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who Would of Made a Better Queen in Your Oppinion. Your choices are Arstaht,Sialeeds, and finally the lovable Haswar. The question isn't based on who actually became Queen because that's obvious. But if the series of events would of been different and their was a choice who would be Queen. Not based on right or whose in line to be Queen. But just based on raw ability and prowess.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually thought that Sialeeds would probably have made the best Queen for Falena of the three. I'm sure the Sun Rune would've driven her mad just as it did Arshtaht. But in pre-Sun Rune politicking and manuevering through the two major Houses in the Senate, i think Sialeeds had the better mind and a bit more cunning that either Arshtaht or Haswar.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really hard to tell between Arshtat and Sialeeds. I think Arshtat was far more cunning than Sialeeds, but she had been suffering the effects of the Sun Rune for some time, so by the time we got to know her, her mind had been damaged. Judging by little snippets of information that you get about her before she took on the Sun Rune, she seemed like a far more capable leader than either of the three.

Sialeeds didn't quite have enough ambition really to run the whole country. She was quite happy with small scale schemes, which granted did work quite well, but I doubt she would have been very successful working them against the Senate.

Haswar was just too nice to be able to rule with the political situation being what it was. With the threats of war and with the backstabbing Senate, she just didn't seem like she'd have the constitution to stand up for herself and put them in their places.

~Uguu!~
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She also didn't want it at all which would lead to a short reign filled with contempt for the actual position. Haswar seemed to be the complete opposite of Sialeeds rough edged cunning, so i couldn't see her as an able queen since she was far too 'soft' in her opinions and matters. In a time of prosperity then perhaps she would make a wise choice as a queen, however when push came to shove i can't see her stepping up to the plate and leading the charge. Arshtat then would be the safe bet in that she has the kindness thats associated with Haswar (pre-insanity plea bargain) as well as the knowledge and veracity of the political scape (pre-empting of Gizel & Marscal's plot, knowledge of Nether Gates resurgence) so she would have and by all means did provide ample service during her reign as Queen through both peace and wartime.

I see Sialeeds abdicating within 3 years and Haswar eloping during turmoil if either had the chance to be queen.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's to hard to say who would of been a better queen. one haswar enjoyed not being queen and rather be the oracle like she has stated plenty of times. since it's really only between arshtat and sialeeds, well both had their strong and weak points and had their own idea on how they wanted to rule falena. so since we know more on how arshtat ran falena rather than on how sialeeds would i'm sticking to arshtat.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Needless to say Arstaht probably would make the best queen. Without her leadership and all her other strong traits, Falena would be long enslaved by now. Arstaht has all characteristics of a good queen(which is technically superceded by the Sun Runes power)(If the Sun Rune hadn't took over her, she may have been a greater queen than she is). If it was Haswar, Well let's just say she's not queen material(she admitted it herself)(she's better as the Oracle). Now Sialeeds is the one to beat her, she could really be a lot like Arstaht and possibly even better but there's something about her which makes her unfitting as queen, unlike Arstaht, Sialeeds is more outgoing and tomboyish, needless to say she doesn't really qualify as a queen. I'm not saying Sialeeds is bad or anything but to see Sialeeds as queen is like to see Euram lead the Prince's army(the old annoying one). That and Sialeeds lacks the determination, the ambition and selflessness to be a great queen.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is based on raw ability and character that Arshtat would have naturally been the best choice for queen no matter what the change of events may have happened. She is the only Queen that has the leadership qualities that a country needs. I also don't really see any of these qualities being put on Sialeeds and Haswar.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i say is Arshtat.. she is batter. manage to handle the Queendom safely and keep the Armes quiet...

Sialeed also best candidate.. well she is Arshtat sis afterall

and haswar... i think she batter become Oracle...

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Arshtat was the best choice. I can't find any flaws about her reign that aren't related to the Sun Rune.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Indeed, Arshtat was the best choice. I can't find any flaws about her reign that aren't related to the Sun Rune.

yup... even her daughter, lym can bare the power of Sun Rune

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in wrote:

If that is so, then Gizel Godwin would've been zapped the moment Lym was given the rune. I think Yvl meant to say that Arshtat's flaws are all (or mostly) because of the Sun Rune's corruption.

With that said, I'll vote for Arshtat.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
k4in wrote:

If that is so, then Gizel Godwin would've been zapped the moment Lym was given the rune. I think Yvl meant to say that Arshtat's flaws are all (or mostly) because of the Sun Rune's corruption.

With that said, I'll vote for Arshtat.

owh.. i see.. thank for reminding lol

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think, with the houses of Godwin and Barows fighting for power, the best queen would have been Sialeeds, she seems to be ruthless, daring and cunning, as shown by her defection to the house of Godwin during the new Queen's campaign. Arshtat was killed, although she may have been good while in charge, she wasn't very good at holding onto power. Haswar would've been too nice and ended up being assassinated too easily as well. Thats why I think an iron-fist style Queen in the form of Sialeeds would've done Falena some good.
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Arshtat was the best for the job.

Sialeeds would have been tough and able to really whip the Senate into shape, but my problem is that she just wasn't as personable as Arshtat. A big part of politics is selling yourself to the public, and IMO she was a little too dry and sarcastic to be as widely popular as Arshtat was, which of course would have divided Falena even more. Also, I think she fine with not being queen... I think she could have been happy if she'd just been able to marry Gizel.

Haswar would have been extremely popular, but otherwise she wouldn't have been suitable at all. She would have had to see Falena through a war and keep the peace between the Barows and Godwin factions, and honestly, I don't think she had it in her. She was too nice.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it wrong I voted for Haswar simply because I want to know what her glomping things that are cute would result in , particularily as international relations, if she were Queen?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: