Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What would you want in future Suikodens?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wherever it’s located in the timeline I’d like an old silent hero to return and speak out. Lazlo talking was one of the things I loved about Tactics and it allows the main character to be silent in their game and talkative in the future.

More Character – Character interaction within the castle. Maybe even give you the chance to place where a star sleeps and that effects that they meet and like and through that they develop unit attacks.

Return of the Mint and Mushroom army!

Always loved the minigame so more old ones returning might be nice as long as a whole slew of new ones come in.

More character development; maybe have a star that writes their life story, Have the characters each have many more events that can happen.

More development into the faceless army, Maybe allow you to take a couple as non star characters that fight.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Falqueene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timeline :: I would really like to see a game set after S-3. The game leaves alot of loose ends, and I'd like to see what happens to the characters afterwards. For example, how's Sasarai coping? Who's the "official" Flame Champion? What happens to the True Wind Rune?

Returning Characters :: I'd love to see Edge again, his character ending does say that he travels south after the war, and there are some regions there that haven't been accessable areas yet. Albert would also be another welcome face, though working for you this time around. Maybe Konami could shed a bit more light on the whole "summoning Yuber" issue. It would also be interesting to see Albert and Pesmerga in the same game, maybe Pes could get his own mofia outfit like Yuber's in S-3. I want to see how Sasarai's doing too, did he turn out to be a little emoboy like Luc? It would also be nice to see Kyril again, just to see how he turned out. Tactics spoiler ((highlight)) And come on, who doesn't love a goat-boy ^_~

Country :: The game should be set in the Northern Outlands. I say this, because we haven't gotten to actually explore inside the area yet, and we don't know much about it ((although my hope of an Edge cameo won't come true with this..)). Plus, it would be a nice break from the pompous aristocatic system of royalty in S-5.

Main Character :: I would love to see a throwback to the "Water Margin" ((Outlaws of Liangshan Marsh)), in that the main character is a bandit, and not hugely supported. In S-3 we had shakey alliances forged to defend against an invasion ((and then world destruction)) S-4 had a nation uniting to defend against invasion, S-5 had people rallying under a betrayed prince ((I'm not entirely sure on the plots of 1 & 2 since I haven't played them as of yet)). In each case we have a righteous cause backed by the majority of the population. I'd like to see something on the other end of the scale.

True Rune :: Some sort of rune that controls time would be neat. Also, we're due to have a true rune version of a song-type rune ((where else did the Do-Re-Mi and Jangular runes come from?)) and a true nature rune ((to oppose the Beast rune, plus there's the White Saint Rose and Red Rose runes)).

Visual :: Bring back the pretty rune spells of S-3! I'd also love for the anime openings to make a return, they're so much nicer to watch.

Game Mechanics :: A controlable camera o-o
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for now, these are somethings that I would like to see in the future games.

A Decent Storyline as long as it wasn't rushed or anything I don't care either when will the timeline take place or where will it take place. More side-quest mission away from the plot to partake in. More character development and in depth background to the stars of destiny, non-stars. A new true rune and recurring characters if possible. New Enjoyable mini-games to play or bringing back the "Theater" of Suikoden III or "Cooking Contest" of Suikoden II.

IN AMERICA!
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly just want to see the "cook off" back with those new intense 3D graphics, as opposed the 2Dness in Suikoden II.

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... the cookoffs were nice. It's really odd because fans keep asking for that, but Konami just doesn't listen. I guess they hate us.

But another thing I'd really like is for them to add like... a real baseball game where you can make a small league using the SODs...
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Galt wrote:
But another thing I'd really like is for them to add like... a real baseball game where you can make a small league using the SODs...

Are there even sports in the Suikoden World?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I always wondered about that. Most rpgs have some sort of fun activity that people of different regions and towns participated in. The closest thing I could think of was the gladiatorial arena in SV but we really never see the gladiators in action. The arena itself was used more for the duels to see who will marry the heir to Falena's throne.

I don't want something like blitzball, but at least have something where SoD's recruited who rarely do anything worthwhile other than lounge about the HQ be able to do something.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would want a free dueling system and a free battling system basically a training hall. As to how to implement the free duels system they could just add the option to likely characters when you speak to them in the home base. Say if you speak to Georg Prime for instance in the base. After talking to him he would ask would you like to duel with me and you have the choice of saying yes or no.

As for implementing the training hall you have to have a certain number of Stars of Destiny and once the hall is constructed you simply enter where you'll be prompted to choose two teams of up to 6 battlers one under A.I. control one under player control and you fight. I figure this would be a great way to level your characters once you get to the last half of the game and it is virtually impossible to level up with any speed at all.
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that would be a nice add to the future games, Training to lv.99 will be much easy and enjoyable at the same time.

IN AMERICA!
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well:

-Bring back the cooking game please. I loved it so much, I'd be wiling to put up with another Luc-type judge! (I think all Tenkan stars act like that anyway.)
-More optional SoD character development (Like what they did with Suikoden 5. I loved it)
-Training gym, like the one in Suikoden 4.
-New Old Books. It gets tiriing reading the same stuff over and over. I'd like more books that deal with history.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know if this is suppose to be on the PS3, then why not make the Old Books have a bit more pizzazz to them. Instead of just flipping page after page and reading the history and/or story within them why not add animated cutscenes that plays out the history or story.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many many many optional outfits.

Suikoden V could have provided us with 3 alternate outfits for the Prince and 1 additional for Lyon,George,Sialeeds and Kyle.
I loved hunting after Snowe´s 3 different outfits and it took me ours.
For me bringing in additional outfits for some characters is a reason for replay value.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. Especially if they can be changed at will rather than waiting for the right plot point and getting your fill of them before they revert back to the normal costumes. This is actually something I really liked about Phantasy Star Universe; not only could you change your clothes, but the changes would also be reflected in all of the cutscenes from that point onward.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I would really like to see is returning of older characters ( Filk, Viktor, Humphrey, etc...) also I would like to see a game finally set after Suikoden 3 I'm pretty much done with the past lets move to the future, also the appearence of old Tenkai would be fun to have, Interactions with your castle and being able to customize it how you like would be the best.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Older characters as cameos maybe, but it's quite a no-no since they'll be geezers by then. :shock:
For me, I'd like the skill system of Suikoden 3 back as well, with more custom skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: