Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing Regiment Training
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Introducing Regiment Training Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regiment training is something new that will start from phase 15 (well, it has already started in a way).

The idea is simple. The longer you stay in the same regiment type, the better they become. When you change your regiment type, you'll lose all that training that has been done, and have to start over.

You can see in your profile in your regiment section a new stat has been added-- "Regiment Training." The value is expressed as a percentile. At 100%, your LDR will be roughly 30% higher, and your regiment's attack and defense powers will be about 50% better as a result (I am not really sure myself; there may be differences depending on individuals and regiment types). Obviously, regiment training can't go beyond 100%.

It takes about 150 days for your regiment to reach 100%.

I gave everybody a head start, and this change won't be in effect until the start of phase 15, so I suggest everybody change their regiment type to their favorite regiment before this change sets in. Otherwise, you'll lose your current 8% or whatever training bonus you got.

That's all for now, and more to come.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just noticed it now actually. Seems like a nice incentive for those who are in regiments already. This will make some strategists to hesitate changing regiments so often, seeing the impact on the stats themselves. Nice work, Vextor.

Hmmm. Too bad Mountain Cavalry isn't my most favorite regiment... Hmmm... But we'll see.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing Regiment Training Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Regiment training is something new that will start from phase 15 (well, it has already started in a way).

The idea is simple. The longer you stay in the same regiment type, the better they become. When you change your regiment type, you'll lose all that training that has been done, and have to start over.

You can see in your profile in your regiment section a new stat has been added-- "Regiment Training." The value is expressed as a percentile. At 100%, your LDR will be roughly 30% higher, and your regiment's attack and defense powers will be about 50% better as a result (I am not really sure myself; there may be differences depending on individuals and regiment types). Obviously, regiment training can't go beyond 100%.

It takes about 150 days for your regiment to reach 100%.

I gave everybody a head start, and this change won't be in effect until the start of phase 15, so I suggest everybody change their regiment type to their favorite regiment before this change sets in. Otherwise, you'll lose your current 8% or whatever training bonus you got.

That's all for now, and more to come.

Nice addition Vextor,it'll make staying one type of regiment more fun now.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great idea Vextor, this makes it more realistic, too bad I might change my regiment type in the future... :(
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is really cool. Regarding that it took me almost one entire year to get even 1 VC, I assume that it will take me more than 150 days to change my regiment due to 5 necessary victories. Another good addition to the whole system, sir.

The Fool
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If one person who is an infantry commander for some time accumulated... say 55% of regiment training, and then switched to another regiment, and then went back to infantry, would that person have 55% regiment training at the time he was changed, or would he start from 0% again?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The person will lose all training values when they change to another regiment. Even if they change back to a regiment they used to have, they won't get their old values back. That'd sort of defeat the purpose of this change, anyhow (to curb rampant regiment changes).
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aaaaaaaah, my nation-hopping plan is foiled! I was planning to jump nations everywhere and become their Tier 4 unit all the time. But alas, the power of the admin was too strong. They saw right through my plan and shattered my dreams into tiny pieces! =(

Good job though. =)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent addition - it makes perfect sense.

Will the 'days in current regiment' counter be retro-active or would that be just too much work to figure out?

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh poo, I don't have enough Victory Counts to change my regiment yet. Oh well, I'll have to take that hit when it comes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
Excellent addition - it makes perfect sense.

Will the 'days in current regiment' counter be retro-active or would that be just too much work to figure out?

Not so much too hard to figure out, but the menial work involved in setting all of that would be so monumental, it would push phase 15 to sime time next year.

Plus, I want to give everybody an equal start.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice feature, I like it! Now I just have to find a way to become a polar bear...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooooohhh, me like this, very much.

Sir, a question, what about items that temporarily change your regiment? Say for example, that wine that changes you temporarily into a Berserker. When you change into a Berserker, I'm asssuming you'd go back to 0%, but what happens when the temporary effect wears off and the person is back to its old unit? Would it start from scratch all over again, or would it have the same value that was there preceding the temporary change?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And what about mercenaries who are payed to change regiments by the nation that bought them? They have to restart?

And darn, 2 victories to go for tier 2. =/

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rei Rei wrote:
And what about mercenaries who are payed to change regiments by the nation that bought them? They have to restart?

Of course they do, so they better think twice. It'd be unfair if mercs don't have to face the same penalties, would it?

Archy wrote:
Ooooohhh, me like this, very much.

Sir, a question, what about items that temporarily change your regiment? Say for example, that wine that changes you temporarily into a Berserker. When you change into a Berserker, I'm asssuming you'd go back to 0%, but what happens when the temporary effect wears off and the person is back to its old unit? Would it start from scratch all over again, or would it have the same value that was there preceding the temporary change?

Nope, in these special cases, your regiment training will carry over into the berserker regiment, and when the item wears out, you'll retain your old training percentile. This is because you're using a special item, which is rare. Very rare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: