Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Creation of the Dukedom of Gaien and how it works
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Creation of the Dukedom of Gaien and how it works Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After some discussion with a few people, I have decided to create another player nation; the Dukedom of Gaien.

This has been a thorn in the side because the original Island Nation location in suikox was based on an assumption from before Suikoden IV's release. This is why Island Nations Federation ended up including land that should belong to the Dukedom of Gaien according to canon. To correct this, a new nation will be created and a new leader appointed for this task: John Layfield.

John Layfield has been a member of this forum for years, he knows his stuff, has his own site, and he's got a number of people who want to bear his children. That qualifies him to be nation leader (which is why I'm not a nation leader), but he also has a task ahead of him.

The Dukedom of Gaien will start out as being a mere usergroup. Although they will gain their own forum once they have 10 members (and John Layfield officially given Nation Leader powers), they will remain a part of the Island Nation Federation until they gain 30 of their own members. Once they reach that critical mass, they will separate, and the map will change drastically at that time as well.

They will also start gaining newly registered members -- any member who registers from now will have a chance of being thrown into the gaien usergroup. In that case, they will also gain access to Island Nations until Gaien reaches full nationhood.

If members of other nations wish to join Dukedom of Gaien, they'll have to go through the normal procedure of entering a nation, which means 1 million potch.

I think that covers all grounds. Wish John Layfield some luck.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember John Layfield declaring his intent to become a nation leader back at Their Star. Now it's going to happen! Congratulations John Layfield! May your nation prosper. :wink:

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations, John! May God have mercy on your soul. :twisted:

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, so much for waiting.

Indeed, my best wishes go out to John and anyone who will be supporting him in the Dukedom. While he and I have shared a difference of opinion on different occasions I have no doubt he'll make a fine NL.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations and best of luck.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admin of your own forum and running a nation as well, daunting, best of luck to you Layfield!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats John!

A question for Vector, will Gaien be in the game by Phase 14's start? Having them come in half way through planning for phase 14 could be problematic.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think they'll be included in the phase 14 war yet. Vector will probably add the Gaien Dukedom in the map when he's updating the map after the phase 14 battles.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector wrote:
Quote:

and he's got a number of people who want to bear his children.

I would bear your children SARS, but I don't have the correct anatomy.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations, Mr. Layfield. Good luck with your task ahead!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
Congrats John!

A question for Vector, will Gaien be in the game by Phase 14's start? Having them come in half way through planning for phase 14 could be problematic.

The only way that could possibly happen is if he were able to collect 30 members.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John's running a nation! Run for the hills! Or, to Gaien where the grass is neon green, the water is light blue and the drinks are half price for the first 30 people.

Good luck!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent work JBL! I'd join ye were it not for my existing loyalties.

Now I just have to secretly conspire to establish the noble nation of "Southlands". Yes, I realize that's just a generalization for the 'south'. Leave me alone.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no! Now he's one of my peers again, you could say. Heh. I'm looking foreword to talking to you on MSN as a fellow nation leader. It'll give us something to talk about, at least.

Can't wait until Gaien becomes a running nation.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to say "so the sky's falling eh?" but I won't.

He'll do a good job though, that's a
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: