Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Creation of the Dukedom of Gaien and how it works
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I must say that in the war game you've been rather a thorn in Tinto's side, John, I must give you my congrats as well. So here *tosses a bag with the word CONGRATS! printed on the side to John* Enjoy!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congradulations Mr Layfield,i think you'll be an awesome nation leader,good luck with it.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JBL wrote:
t'll be a hard task to get a nation running in this fashion (Lord, I hate that 1,000,000 Potch pass), but I believe it was the right way to implement it overall, to bring in an in-universe method of creating a nation (Gaien splits from the INF) as well as ensuring that should that day arrive that the nation will be capable of handling itself. Sure beats the "Kooluk was always there, you just didn't notice!" perspective. Razz

I guess it shows my mentality that I'm rather more impressed that the acronym of Dukedom Of Gaien is DOG, or if you are feeling nice you could flip that around to read GOD. This provides all sorts of opportunities for various humorous war cries^^

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zincbrain wrote:
Vector a question what if they don't get enough people to become a nation will you start issuing a free pass?

Trust me, you do not want a free pass system when starting up a nation. Of the 15 free passes Kooluk was allotted, only four (maybe five) have actually stuck with the nation or have remained active. Hell, one of them even managed to usurp me as nation leader! ;-)

Unless John were to have the ability to approve any requests from members wishing to take advantage of such a pass, the odds of getting "good, productive" members out of the deal aren't good.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Baz Von Steinitz

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations John. this is a great step, keep up the good work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Of the 15 free passes Kooluk was allotted, only four (maybe five) have actually stuck with the nation or have remained active.

Sounds a little better than the rate of random members joining and becoming active to me if I'm honest Elc.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for clearing that up Elc.
Congrats John and I wish you prosperity as a nation leader.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
So now we're both Nation leaders? Didn't we say that the only way that could happen was if Ton-Ton was an admin? Best of luck Mate, I doubt you'll have any problem getting thirty people to join. I almost wish I wasn't in charge of Kooluk so I could come be your Tenki Star.

You could always leave Kooluk to me ^^; ... (Hides knife)

Elc wrote:

Trust me, you do not want a free pass system when starting up a nation. Of the 15 free passes Kooluk was allotted, only four (maybe five) have actually stuck with the nation or have remained active. Hell, one of them even managed to usurp me as nation leader! Wink

Unless John were to have the ability to approve any requests from members wishing to take advantage of such a pass, the odds of getting "good, productive" members out of the deal aren't good.

Yeah but those members that didn't leave are now the life of Kooluk... and Buff...

Anyway congrats John! It's about time! And the Islanders are losing more land to the new player nation! I'd guess they'd get a new area as compensation like when Kooluk was taken from them right?

Let's all do the Layfield dance! *Doing the Layfield dance*

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
Anyway congrats John! It's about time! And the Islanders are losing more land to the new player nation! I'd guess they'd get a new area as compensation like when Kooluk was taken from them right?

Let's all do the Layfield dance! *Doing the Layfield dance*

The creation of Gaien was inevitable. Really though, I suppose getting more islands isn't a bad thing.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations, Mr. Layfield!

I wish you well in your nation-conquering endeavours!

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I leave Suikox for five minutes and a nation is created....

I'm really excited to see this nation! :D

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Just to get the whole arrogance thing out of the way: About time/of course I'll be a great Nation Leader/I'm awesome.

Seriously though, thanks to everyone here for wishing me well, and thanks to all the good folks who took the time to PM and/or e-mail their well-wishes as well.

It'll be a hard task to get a nation running in this fashion (Lord, I hate that 1,000,000 Potch pass), but I believe it was the right way to implement it overall, to bring in an in-universe method of creating a nation (Gaien splits from the INF) as well as ensuring that should that day arrive that the nation will be capable of handling itself. Sure beats the "Kooluk was always there, you just didn't notice!" perspective. :P

Thanks again to everyone and I hope I can, with a lot of help from everyone else, make a nation that can make things a little more exciting around here.

I'm trying to raise the required 1,000,000 potch even though i still have plenty of time,but why try to scramble at the last minute when i can stretch it out over a decent amount of time.

Thanks for the invite John to your new nation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry about that, I can cover it.

The Gaien Dukedom pledges to cover all immigration fees to the best of its ability.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Don't worry about that, I can cover it.

The Gaien Dukedom pledges to cover all immigration fees to the best of its ability.

Thank you John,i look forward to getting to see the nation's forum when it gets made.

Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I may not know much of you, but congrats John Layfield in becoming a Nation Leader. Goodluck to you and the Dukedom of Gaien * that actually sounds cool* heh. ;)

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: