Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami Cancels Development of Next-Gen RPGs =O
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a good sign.

We also have to remember, Suikoden VI is not officially in development. The only clue was a one line note in a Magic Box update some months back.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But too bad MGS 4 is cancelled :(
it's okay though, as long as Suikoden VI is not cancelled cause there was a 1/5 chance of it to be in the list :)
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Metal Gear Solid 4 is not one of the title marked for cancellation. It's one of the titles still on the roster for development.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
It's a good sign.

We also have to remember, Suikoden VI is not officially in development. The only clue was a one line note in a Magic Box update some months back.

I thought the Suiko team announced they were working on SVI too?
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Until I get actual word that Suikoden VI is gone I'm gonna live in oblivious land. But really, they've canceled a Gradius game?! Now THAT'S depressing.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This massive wave of cancellation from Konami is not really surprising with the rising cost in development of nextgen games. With Konami doing mostly console-exclusive titles it lessens their revenue returns. Though MGS4 will be multiplatform so that's the exception.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Though MGS4 will be multiplatform so that's the exception.

I never heard that.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its the rumor that won't die, especially after Kojima mentioned in the last E3 that MGS4 could easily be ported over for the 360 is Konami ever decide to do so. IGN and a few other places reported more of the same rumors of MGS4 porting over to the 360 months after its PS3 release. Similar to how the past GTA games were released for the Xbox.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flamo Bringer wrote:
But too bad MGS 4 is cancelled :(
it's okay though, as long as Suikoden VI is not cancelled cause there was a 1/5 chance of it to be in the list :)

It'll be a very cold day in California before Konami cancel the development of Metal Gear Solid 4, a very cold day indeed...
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This makes me nervous. Although I still remain possitive that Suikoden VI won't be cancelled, this news worries me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden VI has not been officially announced so that makes it kind of unless to officially cancel it.

Although i wonder what the "new RPG title" was going to be maybe a Vandal Hearts sequel?

No need to worry yet, i doubt with the success of Suikoden V winning awards and stuff they are hardly going to stop development. Besides all of these games might just be "cancelled for now" they may have needed extra staff to finish some other games in time.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

Though MGS4 will be multiplatform so that's the exception.

I never heard that.

Many rumors have been around like wildfire that DMC4 and MGS4 will be heading to the 360. The reason being that they need a lot of revenue to make up for development costs, and ps3 may not allow them to do that due to the fanbase number. They'll get more money if they release them on 360. Considering ps3 has lost a lot of exclusives in the past year, such as titles like Virtua Fighter 5, which has gone to 360 also, it's not entirely impossible.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"New Role Playing Game (PS3)
Role Playing Game (Wii)"

This is either very good news or very bad news. Either Konami decided to say to hell with all their rpgs or decided to pretty much drop all the the others except Suikoden.

I would have to say Suikoden is probably okay. If you will look at the list none of them say Suikoden and if they did cancle it they would have just came out and said Suikoden on the list.

I think konami just realized that Suikoden and Castlevania (if that counts) are the only rpgs they have that get much attention. I rember at konamistars boards that suikoden post and veiwers were in the thousands while the others were lucky to reach 100. Konami probably realized that Suikoden is its only rpg worth pooling resources into and decided to cut the other projects. If this is the case then than this is very good news as Suikoden will most likely get a very good bugdet and more help (if they haven't fired everybody who worked on the other games).

But quite the scare though. I am still a littled worried till they officially announce SVI.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reserving a bit of room for panic, though, I would doubt that Konami would just up and cut Suikoden..Ephemeral Fantasia didn't do very well (even though I loved it..) so perhaps it's a sequel to that, like AA said.

Here's hoping for the best!
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Konami would abdicate of one of their most selling titles (especially in Japan, where it sold more than, for example: Phantasy Star Universe; Xenosaga Volume 3; Valkyre Profile Lenneth(PSP); Tales of the Tempest (DS); Summon Night 4; Disgaea 2), and their reference RPG (since it seems that every game company in Japan must have a reference RPG and/or beat em'up).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: