Suikoden United and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami Cancels Development of Next-Gen RPGs =O
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Konami Cancels Development of Next-Gen RPGs =O Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1007.html

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh-oh... I suppose this could be good or bad news, though. As long as Suikoden VI wasn't cancelled, it would give them more time and budget to commit to making the games they are still developing better.

But then, I'm worried anyway. How many RPGs does Konami really make? And for them to cut 2 RPGs out really really worries me about Suikoden VI, which was confirmed to be a next-gen RPG.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh crap. :(
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's... probably not good, as Suikoden was one of the two next-gen RPGs planned - meaning they've cancelled ALL of their next gen RPGs. This sounds fishy, I'll need another, more in depth report t obelieve this.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said on irc, I've read it at other sources, but not in regards to the canning of two next gen rpgs. I've read they've cancelled a few next gen games but some of them being rpgs is the first I've heard of it.

Since Konami does not have that many rpgs in the first place it's pretty easy to deduce, but we can only hope they're new IP's.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really can't imagine them cancelling Suikoden VI entirely - they've done too much work on it already. Besides, considering how Suikoden V went, they should be staking alot on Suikoden VI as it may be the one that finally brings recognition to the series. I still want more details other than "They've cancelled their RPGs." I need to know why before I can believe it.

15313 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ign says the same thing. after all the cancellations, it seems that there are no more rpg games in the works over there at all, only a couple of sports games and, of course, mgs.

nothing is good about this. we can only hope that because all of this info is coming from one source (some japanese magazine), maybe they got it wrong. time will tell.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are reports tha Konami has cancelled a slate of unnamed titles that were set for the PS3 and the Wii. Both the PS3 and Wii cancellations included unnamed rpg titles. The one title they did say was being cancelled was Coded Arms for the PS3. There's a chance the unnamed rpg for the PS3 was to be the next Suikoden game, but until they confirm that to be so I'll continue to believe the game to be in development.

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damnit. They'd better give us names on the games that are on development and soon. And what I'd also really like to know the status on Vandal Hearts DS; why haven't they mentioned it ever again since it was announced?

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is scary news, but like others have said, until it's proved, and until Suikoden is actually linked to it, that's when I'll cry like a baby.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I've mentioned in my news post over at Due Fiumi (cheap plug!), I'm not too fussed. Suikoden isn't just one RPG game, it's a decade old franchise that can still pull a profit and also serves as Konami's prestige RPG series.

Most likely the two RPGs lost here were Generic Action Adventure RPG Numbers 88 and 89.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I'm hoping, John Layfield, but there is overwhelming evidence that it was indeed suikoden that was cancelled. I remember reading before that Konami was working on two RPGs (this was after Suikoden VI was announced) and now they've cancelled 2 RPGs, so that doesnt leave much room for it to be unaffected.

What's making me suspicious of the validity of the article is that Suikoden is indeed a decade old franchise with diehard fans and an unfinished story. There would be more than just a vague little blurb at a couple websites about them cancelling a couple games in production if the series was cancelled.

I know some people that know some people, I'm going to ask them for confirmation now.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
That's what I'm hoping, John Layfield, but there is overwhelming evidence that it was indeed suikoden that was cancelled. I remember reading before that Konami was working on two RPGs (this was after Suikoden VI was announced) and now they've cancelled 2 RPGs, so that doesnt leave much room for it to be unaffected.

Your use of the word overwhelming should be subjected to a trial at the Hauge such is the lack of validitity in an unsourced recollection of what Konami was working on in the past. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for all we know it could be another YS game and a sequel to Ephemeral Phantasia, that's just as plausible as it being Suikoden at this point, no need to start panicking just yet.

Of course if we find out it is Suikoden then we can start making banners, flammable banners and carry pitchforks to Konami head office.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754307p1.html

This one reveals some games listed,i got this from konamistars.com

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: