Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was the funniest thing you come across throughout the whole serie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any of the recruitment scenes for Mel, especially the one for Chris.

Also, I was dying from the bath scene between Lun and Subala. "You were talking about tea!? You were talking about eyes!?" Hilarious!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only one I could remember at the moment, was when Raja said something to Lucretia like:

"Okay, enough of the Lucretia Admiration Society! Let's get on with it"

It was kind of funny at the time, but its kind of lost its effect.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I after you succeeded against that Zombie Dragon... Cleo says something like: "That is for acting big even after you're dead" ;)
I thought that was funny.

The Fool
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably when Gremio was being eaten by those spores and he says something along the lines of "Master... I can't feel my legs now". That made me laugh quite considerably.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say most of the scenes with Miakis in, she has me in stiches with some of them, especially when you first meet Euram :*laugh*:

lol, I'm also lost on this "Disturbingly attractive" scene, heard it mentioned, but never seen it, lol, can someone pm me it please, cheers :P

Also, I found Zerase quite funny, like at the start, when you got to the East Palace, and she says something along the lines of, "A Royal family that cannot keep trak of their runes, don't make me laugh", and then Lym gets mad, and tries to chase after her, maybe its me, but I found that quite amusing when I play through, simply because Zerase doesn't care if she offends them or not, whereas a lot of people don't say what they mean, if that makes sense....
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I: Viktor setting Grady's mansion on fire. Tir's party speaking lghhhhhhhh thisgggggghhhhhh after Ledon poisons them at Mt. Tigerwolf had me giggling too.

III: The entire theatre minigame. Recruiting Kenji, especially with Geddoe. Louis, Melville, and Rody's bath conversation ("I meant that I wanted to be like him someday!!")

IV: Charlemagne and Reinbach's unite attack. Lino and Flare's bath conversation ("Argh!! For the love of humanity!!") Shiramine and Ugetsu's bath conversation.

V: Miakis threatening Euram. Euram trying to blacken Frey's name. Kyle telling that government official to dance in the Sun Palace. Miakis telling Frey to yell, "You can take my sister over my dead body!!" at the wedding. Anything Egbert says. Georg hoping for a 'good story' about Haswar giving Frey baths.

Tactics: Rune cannons. It was annoying but somehow hilarious.
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally laughed when Euram was impressing Princess Lymsleia. He looked so desperate . I want to hate him but according to the game, I mustn't hate Euram but Gizel instead. Why do many hot characters become villains? Agh.

Another one was Nanami calling Viktor a Bear. It's very shallow. But at that time, I really laughed.
SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too bad for me, I haven't been able to play Suikoden I or II, so I can't give give what I thought was funniest from there, for obvious reasons. I'll eventually absorb a good amount of knowledge from the game just by being here, though. As for things from other games I thought were amusing, Suikoden V is the only one where there's a clear winner, but:

Suikoden III: Mel and Branky. The duels with Guillaume... actually, a lot of the Guillaume stuff was pretty laughable. There was a goldmine of humor to be had in the theater. (Big) Viki in any role has humorous results, and most people had at least one hilariously bad or ill-suited performance. I can't comment on the full range of stuff because (as some of you might realize) I can't get all the scripts, but, I particularly liked when Hallec tried to narrate The Little Match Girl. Of course, putting Augustine or Guillaume in any role is also hilarious. And, of course, the Rody bath scene... ("Wan Fu!"... although if you think about it, that's hardly the funniest part of the whole thing)

Suikoden IV: Well, yeah, the Love Love attack is absolutely fantastic. As is the fact that they actually decided to make a character named Schtotelheim Reinbach III, after using that as a throwaway alias. Various bath scenes are great; the idea of Chiepoo trying to sell Mackerel Miso Stew in the bath is, well, yeah. Bad time to eat that stuff. Also, the fate of Aldo. A special mention for both 3 and 4 is the fact that somehow, the musicians can create music requiring instruments they obviously don't have. It's particularly ridiculous with Etienne doing it with a single instrument, which is why I put it here.

Suikoden V: Unlike the other ones, it's easier to decide here: You really can't beat the "disturbingly attractive" scene. Even though I do hope most of us realized that was Rahal (maybe that clears it up for a few of you who are confused). Runners-up include many things involving Egbert or Euram, and the fact that Gordius Village actually turned out to be real.

Tactics: Nothing really stands out as being -too- hilarious, although I'm sure I'd find something with enough of those campfire scenes.
Wolfheart

Midnight Howl

39338 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are too many funny moments in the whole series to remember them all, all the time. Right now, I'm replaying 5 and I just had to laugh. I was reading through the letters in my comment box and came across one from Mueller saying something along the lines of "What the hell are you doing reading all these letters? Get back to work!" (If the words are not the correct ones, it's just because I play the French version... that's all!) I found it funny that such a serious (and over-serious, even) man would waste his time writing such a joke. Now come on...

In Potch We Trust
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, I always laughed at Viktor's "Neat Trick" of dealing with officials, in Suikoden II.

When you were trying to get into Annabelle's office, Riou wasn't allowed enter, so he returned to Viktor to ask for help. He followed them back to the office door, where the official tried to stop them again. However, in the middle of his sentence, Viktor punched the guy, and he ran off weeping. However, the truly amusing bit was later on, when Viktor, Riou, Jowy, and Nanami were trying to enter the Jowston Hill Conference, where they were stopped. The woman didn't recognise them, and said they couldn't enter. Then, Flik appears, and says, "I hope you're not thinking of using your 'neat trick' again..."

I chuckled at that.

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the funniest moment in the entire series to me is the ghosts scene with nanami or when nanami slams riou into a wall and he leaves an imprint. or when she tackles and almost beats you to death. or when she's in the cooking contest and the host says something like she loves to eat and cook but is only good at the first and she says hey! what does that mean?! or something like riou must have had a rough childhood eating her meals and then says something along the lines of hey what do you mean by that?! or nanami's profile #3 richmond says she's your sister you should know about her.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i thought it was funny when euram fell down the stairs in sable.

Without question. Good call! Watching the expressions, especially on Sialeeds' face, as Euram reveals him presence is just priceless. Definitely one of the funniest moments in the series, for me.
Karushifa

155169 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of my favorite funny moments are from S3:
- the theater. Some of Nadir's descriptions are funny enough ("There is a limit to how bad one can be", etc.), but the plays themselves of course offer endless entertainment. My favorite roles were Hortez VII as Romeo, Sgt. Joe as a sheep (The Boy Who Cried Wolf), and Lilly as William Tell's son.

- when Belle and Gadget Z do their unite attack, the latter turns into a huge battle mech a la countless anime series.

- when you play as Koroku, and talk to the random guy walking around the lottery stand, who wishes he was a dog too so that Lady Chris would stroke him >_<

I also found Euram from S5 funny most of the time, even if he was also creepy and annoying. I love though how he has a teddy bear on his bed ^_^

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always liked the dancing minigame from suikoden 2, I just think it's too funny to see the hero entertain all his men like that... (lol watch out for my innuendo, it's sharp)

And for some reason i've always love the whole Tai Ho, Yam Koo, and Kimberly side story, they are all such stoners (*looks around for kids* "it's means they're rocks")

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always been a big fan of most of the early scenes with Nanami in Suikoden II. She was a comedy goldmine thanks to things like Nearly strangling the hero as she shook him about, the wall imprint...and the way she talked like this!!!!!!!!! Ho ho ho!!!!!

Oh, Nanami~ How fun you are.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: