Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was the funniest thing you come across throughout the whole serie
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mullenger

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: What was the funniest thing you come across throughout the w Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just curious to see if anyone has ever had a giggling fit at anything during the whole series

Whethere it be at a characters appearance, voice, action, or even glitch

Ill post mine up after ive given mine a though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think one of the funniest scenes in the series is near the start of Suikoden 2 where Riou goes to meet Nanami at Genkaku's house, i just find her knocking him to the ground and giving him a good bitch slap hilarious, not to mention smashing him into the wall.

Also i loved the first time you met with Euram Barrows in Suikoden V, just watching Miakis make him so scared and you know he was about to cry ^^ , i didn't like Miakis till that scene, but now she is always in my party.
Mullenger

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that reminds me of the super technique that Master Genkaku taught Nanami

I mean you gotta be pretty stupid to quake in your boots at that long winded speech, for her to then smash past you with a little squirrel next to her in a red cape
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought it was funny when euram fell down the stairs in sable. also like what aa said the scene when riou goes back to kyaro and meets with nanami.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The scene with Miakis is great. Though, I will forever hold dear Mathiu's greatest grammatical error, "All of this killing, in front of a children!" I don't know why. That always makes me laugh. And pretty much evertime Egbert goes off on one of his tangents.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any scene that involves Euram Barows or Egbert Aethelbald are very funny. I cannot help myself from laughing each time I see any scene about them. For Euram, I found his desire to "sully" the prince's name which just ends up in disaster very hilarious. And as for Egbert, anything he says which involved filthy devils (which, apparently is in every dialogue he is in) ver hilarious too.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I though it was hilarious when Viktor encountered Neclord in Suikoden 2 and talked to his sword... I am not sure how the English version is, but he said something like "do not talk that way to me!" and Riou was given the same option when Nanami talked to him right after that. The first time I saw that I had to laugh, because I hadn't expect anything like that.
Viktor's speach of what he will do to Neclord in Tinto is a great moment either... chopping and pissing on him... strange, but cool nonetheless.

The Fool
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Not really many things that I can think of, but my favorite is definitely when you bring Fuma to the bath. That is just too awesome to not like.

Suikoden II: I always find it that Nanami tend to be very funny in many different scenes. Things like: smacking around Riou when he just returned, realizing that Riou and Jowy were the ones that were called as spies, the Genkaku's secret technique, her act to try to enter Muse, her attempt to replicate Rina's approach to the guard at North Sparrow Pass, the whole ghost thing at Greenhill, and maybe many more that I can't quite remember.

Suikoden III: Mel and Branky when Chris recruiter her. Definitely the funniest part.

Suikoden IV: Hmmm .. can't quite remember to be honest.

Suikoden V: Mainly whenever Miakis teased Lymsleia. My favorite was when Lym being in panic after Frey won the opening match in Sacred Games. The part when Miakis also told Lymsleia about the ghost in the dungeon. Things like that really make me love Miakis. She's just too awesome.

Overally: I'd go with Miakis. I think her being funny was more because of her carefree characteristic. So that's easier to like for me. She is naturally a playful, funny girl so that I can actually believe that I'd laugh a lot if I hang out with her. Whereas Mel's funny is kind of "weird-funny", Nanami wasn't intending to be funny with her acts, and Fuma isn't even funny (what he did is funny though). So yeah, Miakis wins. =D

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "disturbingly attractive" scene in Suikoden V. You know what I'm talking about!

I have a save file specifically made for that scene to heh.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
The "disturbingly attractive" scene in Suikoden V. You know what I'm talking about!

Yeah don't remind me, I felt like a fool. :P

I never felt Suikoden was really funny, ever, it's just not really a funny game, it's never really made me laugh at all.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That little boy in Sol Falena that wanted to be queen.

Ancient Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firefly wrote:
That little boy in Sol Falena that wanted to be queen.

Ah hell that was a good one Firefly! I actually had to use my zoom feature on this one, and read it twice. If you're zoomed out all the way using a standard TV, all the child characters look the same.

All the scenes with Nanami are all grand feats of hilarity. However, I do enjoy the Chaco/Sid recruitment conversation
Chaco: "Hmm, you think I'm gonna tell you that....."
Sid: "Chaaaaaacooo!!!! I'm gonna eat you!!!!!"
I've also found a few other point of hilarity in part 2 here recently, like Bolgan's quote in the library when your castle reaches lvl 2. Richmond's first investigation results on Nanami, and some results on Sid. Chiepoo running away from the baby crabs during the Crab boss battle. Take a Kenneth or Tal with you before you get exiled from Razril, listen to how they mock the mermaid at the Deserted Island. The way the mermaids talk in Suiko 4! Kyle's "lesson" for the Prince. Yeah, plenty of humorous moments throughout the series. I haven't even seen all the bath scenes in all the games yet either!

Now I'm going back to my game!
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SI - Well there really wasnt anything funny in 1 but if forced to answer, it may be the whole narcissts story

SII - Nina and Flik's Greenhill scene(after that, it goes to a more romantic theme so its not that funny anymore). Although the thought of Flik running away from Nina is a fun thought.

SIII - Chris' exposure to the townsfolk's world. there are a few "funny" scenes(well they're not that funny though but still funny is funny)

SIV - Chiepoo running away from the giant crab (& its sons? while in battle)

SIV T - There was a scene where Seneca was furious(not that much) about a comment relating to her being a mother (sorry forgot the whole detail but still funny none the less)

SV - A lot of the bath scenes i guess....There are a lot of humorous dialogues among your characters while bathing..hehe :mrgreen:

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1- That part where Ted and Futch were bickering.
Suikoden 2- Lots of funny scees, but the most memorable one was Nanami's reaction to Riou coming back.
Suikoden 3- The part where Geddoe and company are talking about Luc's present.
Suikoden 4- No idea, probably the part where Ted gets scolded by Lino.
Suikoden 5- Euram being royally owned at Sable.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - When Viktor acts like a guy with a noble cause, trying to save some passersby from the oppression of Scarlet Moon, only to reveal later that he was just trying to skip out on the bill.

Suikoden 2 - What Luciet said.

Suikoden 3 - Alot of the play scenes are hilarious. "In case you didn't know, I'm playing the sheep. Baaaah..."

Suikoden 4 - Anytime that friggin cat chiepoo opens his mouth.

Suikoden 5 - "Hey Prince! During the ceremony, you have to yell, 'NO! You will pry my sister from my COLD DEAD HANDS!' C'mon, I DARE ya!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: